It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novavax Says Vaccine Protects Against Deadly Bird Flu [Update: and Swine Flu]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A new and improved avian flu vaccine to combat pandemics has seen success in clinical trials.

Aug. 26 (Bloomberg)
Novavax Inc. said its experimental vaccine spurred an immune response in humans that can protect against a deadly strain of bird flu linked to more than 100 deaths.

In the study, 160 patients each received two injections, in doses ranging from 15 to 90 micrograms. At the highest dose, the vaccine produced a response against one version of the lethal H5N1 bird flu in 94 percent of patients, Novavax said in a statement today.

Novavax, based in Rockville, Maryland, has been working with General Electric Co. to develop a vaccine that can be mass- produced quickly. Outbreaks of lethal avian flu have spread from birds to humans in 15 countries, mostly in Asia, and are ``not expected to diminish significantly in the short term,'' according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Web site.

Bloomberg
clinicaltrials.gov

I don't really have much to add, I just wanted to share what seems to be relatively good news.

Mod edit: Update (Swine flu)

[edit on 4 Jun 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That's good news.

I wonder what they will charge for this.

I bet that it's going to initially cost a lot.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

I would imagine that the initial customer would be the governments of the countries where this is a major issue. At least I would hope so.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would like to point out that the presence of antibodies has never been shown to mean "immune." All it indicates is "exposure." Plenty of people have had antibodies and still gotten the corresponding disease.

What I would like to know is what else is in that vaccine, where it is produced, and if they are getting it ready to inject manditorily.

Because I am going to bet this is the vanguard propaganda for when they release the weaponized version. Then they can inject this vaccine into all of us (and maybe a tracking chip in the process), making us sick(er), weak(er), whatever.

Good news? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I guess they're not ready for market yet. They need to go through peer review first. But with 94% success rate it seems to be viable. They're close though.

"Two doses of this novel vaccine -- which is designed to prevent bird flu -- gave strong immune responses. The data are encouraging that this new vaccine approach can help prevent pandemic influenza," Dr. Robert Belshe of the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in Missouri, who served on the Data and Safety Monitoring Board for the study, said in a statement.

"We will proceed with clinical development when we have a partner," Novavax's chief medical officer Dr. Penny Heaton told the call. The company, which will start testing a seasonal flu vaccine later in the year, said it would submit its findings to the peer-review system of medical journals and meetings.
Reuters

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Ok, I am new to this forum so I am not aware of all the conspiracy theories.
But isn't it a little soon to be jumping to microchipping theories?
Like you said, perhaps a look at their formula or even their delivery system would be wise before we start screaming "bloody murder."
Wouldn't that be a more prudent course? What if it actually saves lives and is nothing more sinister that that?

[edit on 8/26/2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Ok, I am new to this forum so I am not aware of all the conspiracy theories.
But isn't it a little soon to be jumping to microchipping theories?
Like you said, perhaps a look at their formula or even their delivery system would be wise before we start screaming "bloody murder."
Wouldn't that be a more prudent course? What if it actually saves lives and is nothing more sinister that that?

Well... A stated goal of the Elite is to microchip everyone, so I figured that if the vaccine is made in China (20 to 1 it is), there is a good likelihood that a chip could be added.

As for saving lives...

Relative to what you said above... 94% success rate of what? Making the body produce antibodies...?

Also, there is no evidence whatsoever that any vaccine actually helped anyone (but plenty that they have killed or damaged some). All vaccines can be shown to have come out while a downward trend of the disease they were for was taking place, and a number saw the disease they were for INcrease after vaccination.

The downward trend of illness in general corresponds to increased cleanliness (not sanitization, mind you) and, especially, better diets. But the pharmaceutical companies try to take credit.

Given that the pharmaceutical companies have an interest in selling vaccines, and given the fact that they kick back to the doctors that prescribe and/or administer their drugs and vaccines (so all MD's have a conflict of interest), it is not surprising that the medical profession and Big Pharma will tell you that vaccines have any function.

Also, given that the Elite have a stated goal to get rid of the "useless eaters," one must be wary of the ingredients...speaking of which...

Common ingredients:

Formaldehyde

Mercury

Antifreeze

Aluminium

2-Phenoxyethanol

Phenol

Methanol

Borax

Glutaraldehyde

MSG

Sulfate and phosphate compounds

Polymyxin B

Polysorbate 20 / 80

Sorbitol

Polyribosylribitol

Beta-Propiolactone

Amphotericin B

Animal organ tissue and blood

Aborted human fetal tissue and human albumin

Large foreign proteins

Latex

Animal Viruses

Human Viruses

Bacteria and the toxins they produce

Mycoplasma

Genetically modified yeast

Foreign DNA

This is not an exhaustive list. It is, however, a list with disturbing toxic and/or allergenic properties.

So... Based on all this... I am extremely leery of any vaccine that makes any claims.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Oh. I noted that all the "good news" is provided by...the manufacturer itself!

I am extremely leery now!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I got the 94% from the Reuters article.

The highest dose of the vaccine stimulated the development of a protective level of antibodies in 94 percent of those vaccinated, the company said.

"Two doses of this novel vaccine -- which is designed to prevent bird flu -- gave strong immune responses. The data are encouraging that this new vaccine approach can help prevent pandemic influenza," Dr. Robert Belshe of the Saint Louis University School of Medicine in Missouri, who served on the Data and Safety Monitoring Board for the study, said in a statement.

I am aware that most vaccines are nothing but poison. A lot of my friends in the UK will not vaccinate their children. I don't know what the law is in the US.

I am not really disagreeing with anything you have said. There is good cause for one to be apprehensive and leery.

My only point is that there is A chance that this could save many many lives if it can stem an epidemic, that's all. We question everything as we should, we try to deny ignorance, and sometimes it turns out that something is simply what it seems to be.

If you want me to, since I live near Rockville MD, I'll go take a gander and see if they have any Chinese lab technicians.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I looked at the Novavax website, including their financials, board of directors, and their major institutional shareholders and on the surface it seems to be quite benign.

That of course does not mean that it is, but there's a chance.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Also, University of Pittsburgh gets $3.6 million to test vaccine against deadliest strain of avian Flu.

PITTSBURGH, August 25, 2008 – Scientists at the University of Pittsburgh Center for Vaccine Research have been awarded $3.6 million from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases to conduct animal studies of vaccines designed to protect against the most common and deadliest strain of avian flu, H5N1. Recent outbreaks of H5N1 have prompted health officials to warn of its continued threat to global health and potential to trigger an avian flu pandemic.
UPMC

The only problem I have here is with the primate research. It makes me sick to my stomach. I guess it's a necessary evil, one of so many we tolerate these days. But that's for another thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I got the 94% from the Reuters article.

I understand that Reuters reported what the manufacturer provided... But the fact is... It produces antibodies in 94%. But antibodies are NOT protection. All it means is 94% show as being exposed. There is no evidence that this translates to IMMUNITY.

Many people who showed positive for the antibodies for a given disease still got the disease they had the antibodies for.

I am aware that most vaccines are nothing but poison. A lot of my friends in the UK will not vaccinate their children. I don't know what the law is in the US.

Actually... ALL vaccines are poison. They all have formaldehyde, and virtually all have mercury - even the ones that say "mercury-free."

I am not really disagreeing with anything you have said. There is good cause for one to be apprehensive and leery.

From my research, there is good cause to absolutely avoid these poisonous injections. I am leery of the studies, absolutely against the vaccines.

My only point is that there is A chance that this could save many many lives if it can stem an epidemic, that's all. We question everything as we should, we try to deny ignorance, and sometimes it turns out that something is simply what it seems to be.

There is no evidence any vaccine has done anything to save a single life, nor stem an epidemic. In fact, there is plenty evidence that vaccines promote diseases that they are being given for. Like I said... Many show an INCREASE in a disease they were given for after extensive vaccination.

If you want me to, since I live near Rockville MD, I'll go take a gander and see if they have any Chinese lab technicians.

I'm not saying that the vaccine was developed in China. I'm saying any mass production is likely to be done in China. And with very lax regulations and oversight of stuff like that coming in... Who knows what they will actually contain.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So you're saying that no vaccine, in the history of mankind, has ever prevented a death or a disease?
Not even one?
By the way I'm not saying you're not right, it's just hard to believe.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

So you're saying that no vaccine, in the history of mankind, has ever prevented a death or a disease?
Not even one?
By the way I'm not saying you're not right, it's just hard to believe.

I'm saying there is no evidence that any vaccine has done anything beneficial ever. Yes.

I'm also saying there is plenty of evidence of harm being done by vaccines.

I am also saying there is plenty of evidence of an increase in the incidence of some diseases immediately after a large vaccination push for the specific disease.

I am saying that the Pharmaceutical companies make money hand over fist from vaccines.

I'm saying that Pharmaceutical companies are making money hand over fist from treating illnesses caused by vaccines (whether the disease the vaccine was supposed to prevent, or chronic illnesses caused by creppola they put into the vaccines).

I'm saying that Pharmaceutical companies pay doctors to prescribe and/or administer their products, including vaccines, and therefore, all MD's have a conflict of interest on the subject of vaccines.

I'm saying all diseases for which there was a vaccine developed were declining as better diets and cleanliness went up in society, and that further movement downward in the trend was claimed by the pharmaceutical companies as being a result of vaccination, when actually, there is no evidence this is so.

I'm saying there is an agenda to eliminate the "useless eaters" on this planet - and what better way than to take them out slowly and leach them for all they're worth in the process.

I'm saying that, knowing the facts, anyone who then chooses to vaccinate is...heh. "Fool" just is WAY too understated a term.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by Amaterasu]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Some of what you say is indeed correct, especially when you refer to the true nature of pharmaceutical companies. I can tell you are passionate about this issue and I can understand where you're coming from.
However in imho, you paint a pretty broad brush by saying that there is no evidence that ANY vaccine in history has ever helped anyone. I did a little superficial research on the subject, and I know you will probably reject most sources as unreliable or self-serving. Still:

The gasping breath and distinctive sounds of whooping cough; the iron lungs and braces designed for children paralyzed by polio; and the devastating birth defects caused by rubella: To most Americans, these infectious scourges simultaneously inspire dread and represent obscure maladies of years past. Yet a little more than a century ago, the U.S. infant mortality rate was a staggering 20 percent, and the childhood mortality rate before age five was another disconcerting 20 percent.1 Not surprisingly, in an epoch before the existence of preventive methods and effective therapies, infectious diseases such as measles, diphtheria, smallpox, and pertussis topped the list of childhood killers. Fortunately, many of these devastating diseases have been contained, especially in industrialized nations, because of the development and widespread distribution of safe, effective, and affordable vaccines.
source

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Novavax, never heard of them, except with the recent H5N1 activity around them obviously. Well i presume that we are all clued up on H5N1 here since were posting in the H5N1 forum. Can we all remember flu mist ? How about Tamiflu ? Now I'm not screaming conspiracy here, I think that they do not have a cure/vaccine/injection or how ever there saying it. As my fellow ATS member Amaterasu pointed out, anti-bodies does not immune, it simply means exposure. I think this is a great way for people to be injected with things they don't know about, i guess we'll just see how it goes, but i know for sure i wont be getting it and ill advise my friends not too -- but everyone has free will and can do what they wont, or so i believe.

Fox

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Ok now you got me worried about Tamiflu!
My doctor gives my wife and I a box every year to have in the cabinet just in case.
Are you saying we shouldn't use it in case of an outbreak?

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If you take tamiflu, well just go down to your gun store and get it over with.. if you get my drift. Tamiflu and Flu mist are the oppisite of good. Tamiflu does nothing except weaken your immune system. H5N1 needs approximately 100 genes to infect some one, although there are three that must be needed at all time, our bodies generally have 1 or 2 of these, well Flumist creates the other one in your body so for gods sake dont take that one; it is creating the things that H5N1 needs to infect you, then you buy more and so on. I have to head off to work now but you have my word that i WILL post more about Tamiflu and Flumist as soon as i get back, approx 6pm UK Time.

Fox

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

I will ingest nothing till you get back. I swear!

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well now schrodingers dog, you still with us ? Hope so...

Tamiflu -- As i aforementioned, this is not good at all, it wont kill you, more as, incapacitate you. Tamiflu is full of things that attract Avian Flu and it contains chemicals that can hook H5N1 onto you. Tamiflu is now 80% ineffective, in a recent test, they gathered a lot of people in an outbreak zone and gave them Tamiflu, 80% of them died by traditional H5N1 ways and it was determined as the coarse of death. Donald Rumsfeld, the US secretary of defense was in a position of power at the company were Tamiflu was created and is being produced, he has made approximately 5,000,000 dollars so far. Tamiflu was never going to work effectively, and know we know its not going to work effectively, yet we know they have put a lot of things into it -- i strongly urge you all not to take it.

Flu Mist -- It is commonly known in amongst the conspiracy folk around H5N1 that it has been genetically sown into Flu Mist. As i mentioned in one of my above posts, for H5N1 to reach human-to-human pandemic level it needs to attains 3 genetic markers, Flu Mist has been implanted with two of these, the other can be made in your own body if conditions are right. You might find this video helpful, there is some good information on it.

Fox

top topics

<<   2 >>

join