It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard the one about the politician locked up for lame joke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Heard the one about the politician locked up for lame joke?

www.firstamendmentcenter.org

HARLAN, Ky. — Politicians are known for lame jokes. But when Otis "Bullman" Hensley tried a generations-old Appalachian jest on a woman and two girls at the grocery store, the family thought it was downright criminal.

Hensley, who earned notoriety for oddball antics as a long-shot gubernatorial candidate, spent three days in jail in this eastern Kentucky coal town last week after being arrested over the wisecrack.

...........snip........

The ordeal began last week when Hensley's wife sent him to a local grocery store to buy ground beef. While there, Hensley encountered a woman with her two nieces, ages 11 and 13. "I offered to trade her a fattening hog for those girls," Hensley said. "I meant it as a joke. I've said it a million times. Most people get a kick out of it."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I can understand the anger of the parent, as I'd be damned irate if a stranger made a comment like that about my daughter, but criminal? Clearly he was making a joke, whether tastefull or not he obviously wasn't seriously offering to purchase her daughter. When did our legal system completely eradicate real crime & apprehend ever legitimate pedophile on the streets to free up enough time for this ttype of frivolity?

www.firstamendmentcenter.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wow, the stupidity and arrogance of the PC brigade knows no bounds.

Any ididot should have been able to tell this was an attempt at humour.

Surely the Police man hours spent dealing with this could have been better spent dealing with or preventing burglaries and muggings etc.

The sad thing is, the Police themselves probably feel the same, unfortunately their hands are tied by these intefering, annoying, do-gooders who are now affecting every aspect of our lives.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of that Seinfeld when that NBC producer says "my daughter is 16" and George Kastanza says "oh, what a fun age!"

You've got to know your audience. Unfortunately, hillbilly humor falls short on most, saying you'd like to trade/have someone's teen and pre-teen daughters is disgusting. Criminal, no.

new topics

top topics

join