It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will real science interest you more?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by krill

science has never said it knows everything. Infact scientists are the ones most aware of what we dont know. We have only just started working out the mysteries of the universe. Theres plenty of questions left.

science strives to answer these questions. In science its perfectly acceptable to say "we dont know" thats why research continues.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by dalan.

i think a more realistic explanation is that it is a psychoactive drug that makes you hallucinate.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by yeti101]

Right, so after you die and all of the '___' is released from the pineal gland and you feel like you are outside of your own dead body, you mean to tell me that it is only an hallucination?

So after you die, you are only hallucinating? Same goes for all of the other intelligent beings in the universe?

Leave it up to Mr. Science guy to come up with the most superficial explanation on the planet.

Science is not aggravating, but its puppets are.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
well if they are aware of what they dont know why do they lable everything they dont know as "myth" and people who experiance something unknown "kooks". if i were to go to court for murder they could prosecute me with no body, no weapon, and no forensic eveidence. yet the ufo and alien topic has videos, photographs, physical evidence left behind, millions of eye witnesses many of which are trained observers, astronauts, scientists, police and military offices, pilots ect. we have cases of military chasing ufos around the sky. we have radar showing objects moving in currently impossible ways and speeds. and yet if that evidence makes you question the nature of unknown objects and life forms your a kook. that my friend is a double standerd.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

sorry i dont find the evidence convincing to say we are being visited by E.T

which ufo case do you think is the best regarding evidence?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by krill

sorry I don't find the evidence convincing to say we are being visited by E.T

which UFO case do you think is the best regarding evidence?

*1942 'Battle Of Los Angeles'
www.youtube.com...

Or the fact that NASA likes to shoot at UFO's
www.youtube.com...

*Roswell

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

there are so many its crazy. for one as well stated by dalan the battle of la, or the ufos over the white house. the travis walton case, the betty and barny hill case, the whittly striber case, the many case of implants being removed from abductees these are real physical objects removed from people. the rendelshame case, gordon coopers testimoney, the account that the apollo astronauts saw unknown objects surrounding a crater as they were approaching for landing. i could go on all day.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Im a bit skeptical on the conventional alien concept...but that aside, a question for you:

What makes a scientific approach to the idea of aliens less "real" science than a lot of science that is mainstream these days? To me, real science is repeatable, factual findings. Most of the "science" in the news these days fails that test, so why should you dismiss those looking for alien life while holding up mainstream science as "real"?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join