It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will real science interest you more?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Depends on what you refer to as "real science." i've seen some "real interesting science," "show science," "scfi science," and so on since coming on here, and well before on TV specials.
To me science starts at 2+2= 4. Technology started when we started figuring out how to use stones and sticks to get better food.
From there, what counts to you? I've always been fascinated by Earth science, geology, paleontology, archaeology, they've fascinated me since I was 4 or so. According to your rules, though, they don't seem to be sciences.
Ok, one man's trash and all.
However, for me, my sciences started well before I ever heard of aliens, rockets, heck, even astronauts. All I knew of the skies were theplanets and some of the constellations.
But those are my sciences.
COmpuers, and the technology in them amaze me still, probably always will, but the science there, while amazing,still has less of a hold on me than excavating a fort, probably always will.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Gliese 581c seems to be a candidate for a habitable earth-like planet around the star Gliese 581, 20.5 light-years away.

sorry, gliese 581c is too big and too close to the star to be suitable for complex life.

really we need to wait for the kepler mission to find good targets.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Gliese 581c seems to be a candidate for a habitable earth-like planet around the star Gliese 581, 20.5 light-years away.

sorry, gliese 581c is too big and too close to the star to be suitable for complex life.

really we need to wait for the kepler mission to find good targets.

The star is a cool red dwarf star with an habitiable zone much closer. The gravitational acceleration is around 2x that of Earth.

I didn't say anything about the complexity of life that could exist nor that it was a homeworld to a technological civilization. My point is that planets that could potentially support some form of life were found as soon as measurement allowed.

The Kepler mission will be a better tool for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

when will conventional science overtake your alien visitation/grey interest

will it be

a. when we start to find planets like earth outside our solar system? or will you just work the grey myth into one of those planets? maybe try re-arrange bettys star map to fit whatever system we find an earth like planet?

b. when we detect artificial radio waves from another star sytem?

c. when real aliens land maybe? what if theyre nothing like greys will you still believe in the grey species? what if real aliens landed and said nobody else has vistied earth- would you believe them?

your thoughts are welcome

[edit on 26-8-2008 by yeti101]

whats 'scientific' about ignoring facts?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

yeti101 I wlecome your post with open arms my dear chap! Anyyone who promotes rational objective thought here is a refreshing change from...welll from some of the die hard believers!

You're quite right, there are so many natural wonders in Nature, wobnders that science has started to unlock...sadly it seems to be a human need to discard these natural wonders and fill the Universe with man made ones...

Still, there's hope yet I'm sure!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
So true, and too bad that plane was decomm'd.

Indeed and I never got to fly in one.

Never said nobody can. I merely stated in less or more words, you can't nor can anyone [that we know of] refute the law of physics.

I agree but maybe in the future things will be different. But that's just wild speculation on my part.

Too bad you and I won't be alive to celebrate it one way or the other.

Good luck in your search,

I'm hoping to be part of some revolutionary events and discoveries in my lifetime, but who knows. Thanks for the clarifacation and good luck to you too.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
How are scientist supposed to approach the UFO field exactly? Its not a repeatable phenomena...Ok give them a big bag of really good footage...they look through it with their scientific brains....they say yip,this isnt a hoax or cgi,its definetly a UFO....ok.....emmm
Theres only so far you can take it,sure science can help via explaining different ways to travel vast distances or travel at 5000mph etc etc but it really isnt going to be taken as a science...Ha imagine teenage aliens studying right now about human language and culture...that would be crazy...

And i did read the thread title wrong...but im not editing..

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

What 'facts' might these be?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike

What 'facts' might these be?

ok..sorry..i should have said 'evidence'..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Even evidence is too strong a word...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

i wouldnt say so..theres plenty of great photos and videos of ufos...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Nope it is not. There is solid evidence for the existence of UFO's. If you cannot acknowledge this you are being in denial.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Kruel

no , im not saying that. But if it interests you i think tech intelligence is extremely rare.

Intelligence in the universe is rare? Then please Mr. Scientist explain to me what purpose does dimethyltryptamine have? Why is it produced by our pineal gland?

And why is it when the consciousness (soul/spirit) leaves the body, it is constantly running into other intelligent entities?

Or are you going to give me an extremely superficial reason for '___' production?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
reply to post by yeti101

Great post. I am in your "space ship", so to speak.

I think the myth of aliens (greys) will be around for quite some time, some people refuse the truth and that it is impossible (as we know it), to travel from any solar system to another in a short time. Look at Voyager(s) [2], they just made it to the cusp outer edge of our solar system in 30 years.

I guess we have a long way to go in space. I just wish the monkeys would hurry up and evolve. Oh wait, that's us.

That is the most ignorant statement possible because what you said is built upon assumption, not logic. You are ASSUMING that even if there is life on other planets then they do not have the technology required to travel through space...blah blah blah.

Why don't I like real science? Because there is no difference anymore between what you HAVE TO BELIEVE in the field of science and what one HAS TO BELIEVE when indoctrinated by a Religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Whats '___' got to do with thinking intelligent life is common or rare?

to answer your soul question you will first have to prove a soul exists.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fastwalker81

Nope it is not. There is solid evidence for the existence of UFO's. If you cannot acknowledge this you are being in denial.

very true,there is a vast amount of credible evidence for ufo's....question is...is it alien life or secret tesla technology? i say its the military using tesla technology...although i have no doubt there is alien life in the universe or multi-verse..i just dont think they have visited us....

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Intelligence in the universe is rare? Then please Mr. Scientist explain to me what purpose does dimethyltryptamine have? Why is it produced by our pineal gland?

To induce visual dreaming, though at some level, endogenous or not, it can induce hallucinations matching the descriptions of alien abduction/probing/etc.

Or are you going to give me an extremely superficial reason for '___' production?

Are you going to assume and insist on belief in a paranormal explanation of endogenous '___' production? I thought you were angry at science and religion for insisting on belief in certain things... The fact of the matter is that commonly held beliefs is what unites any group of people, and that is especially true of the groups that frequent ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Whats '___' got to do with thinking intelligent life is common or rare?

to answer your soul question you will first have to prove a soul exists.

That's easy, DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE, '___'.

Do some research, '___' has every thing to do with intelligence not being rare. '___' is produced by your pineal gland. Many people who have used '___' have noted that they felt like they "left their bodies". After which, they usually explored their environments or got "pulled" to some random location and had conversations with beings who were aware of their presence.

Your pineal gland releases ALL of its '___' after you die, do you know what that means? That means that after you die, it is going to feel like you "left your body".

You can trick your pineal gland into releasing '___' through meditation, in which case you would be exploring the "astral plane". I have done this before myself and had conversations with intelligent beings.

I have seen spirits in this dimension as well.

Try meditating for yourself and I promise you will meet other intelligent beings; and they ARE VISITING EARTH BY THE WAY. If you want "proof" then the scientific community is going to have to get over its own prejudice and look for the proof in the right manner.

www.rickstrassman.com...

[edit on 8/27/2008 by dalan.]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

i think a more realistic explanation is that it is a psychoactive drug that makes you hallucinate.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
the question is when will "real science" stop thinking it knows everything and admit that theyre still learning. look the mouantin gorilla was repoted for thousands of years and until science "discoverd" one they claimed they were simply myths that was only 100 years ago. science said that the coelacanth had gone extinct yet it was found living again in 1938 less then a hundred years ago. so as you can see science tends to think everything is a myth or that it knows the sole truth of the situations until some one proves them wronge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join