It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will real science interest you more?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
when will conventional science overtake your alien visitation/grey interest

will it be

a. when we start to find planets like earth outside our solar system? or will you just work the grey myth into one of those planets? maybe try re-arrange bettys star map to fit whatever system we find an earth like planet?

b. when we detect artificial radio waves from another star sytem?

c. when real aliens land maybe? what if theyre nothing like greys will you still believe in the grey species? what if real aliens landed and said nobody else has vistied earth- would you believe them?

your thoughts are welcome

[edit on 26-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You seem to be a walking contradiction. I'm not entirely sure what your point is. You mention UFO's being fantasy in the first sentence and yet you go on to advocate their possible existence in the following.

As I understand it, the term 'Greys' can be applied several different ways according to what ones personal beliefs are. One point of view being that the Greys are living among us controlling our lives etc etc and another is that the Greys simply represent some peoples belief in aliens in general. To which do you refer?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

thanks for your reply,

i mean the greys who come in flying saucers & abduct people.

p.s i edited my post from "ufos" to "alien visitation". i dont want to confuse people.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Let me try to understand what you are asking here...

Are you saying that a Universe that is about 5 billion years old (Give or take...) and houses our own galaxy, containing Earth, which is roughly 4.5 billion years old, AND has been mothering the evolution of life through the right conditions all that time; there can't be another planet out there in these 5 billion years of growth that has developed in the same manner?

Now scientifically speaking evolution is a widely accepted FACT, and many studies have proven that the conditions that lead to earth's creation are not exclusive to this galaxy alone. Following in that logic, that scientific logic, are you going to tell me that extra terrestrial life is impossible?

I'm sorry. I refuse to accept your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I never believed in the greys to begin with...

but the real aliens one is definitely me. Since I have the belief that the Greys are just a story made up by the government. There's other aliens out there, and they'll be coming here soon.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"At what point will real science interest you more?"

When it makes more sense.

Science doesn't explain certain things that I've seen and experienced. Instead science says that such things do not exist. Therefore I seek to understand my experiences through other means.

I can't help it that the scientific community in general ignores a vast wealth of human experience AND evidence because it doesn't fit inside their narrow confines of reality.

Plus, the scientific community calling people who see things out of the ordinary "nutjobs" and other derogatory names doesn't bolster their reputation except among fellow bigots.

Religion was the same. Once I got to a point where they couldn't answer my questions anymore, I sought the answers elsewhere. I listened, I learned, I moved on.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

thats a very good reply , well done & good luck in your search for answers.

The_watcher wrote

Are you saying that a Universe that is about 5 billion years old (Give or take...) and houses our own galaxy, containing Earth, which is roughly 4.5 billion years old, AND has been mothering the evolution of life through the right conditions all that time; there can't be another planet out there in these 5 billion years of growth that has developed in the same manner?

no , im not saying that. But if it interests you i think tech intelligence is extremely rare.

are you going to tell me that extra terrestrial life is impossible?

lol no of course not. i just dont think anyone is visiting earth.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

lol no of course not. i just dont think anyone is visiting earth.

Didn't we have plans to visit Mars at some point? Why can't they decide to visit us? What is so hard to believe about them wanting to visit us?

I could have sworn I heard something about visiting Mars... maybe I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the_watcher

you think the greys are from mars? come on man EVERYONE knows theyre from zeta reticula

you need to brush up on your grey mythology

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"Real Scientists" will interest me when they quit censoring and getting rid of other scientists who don't toe the "scientifically correct" line (Like that term? I just made it up!
), and allow the ideas, theories, and inventions to succeed or fail on their own merit.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What exactly is this real science you refer too? And these real aliens? Just because there is no true evidence or confirmation regarding Greys does not mean they can't exist because of science.
Science says that we evolved from a single cell organism on a planet with just right conditions, and that we are one of roughly 100 billion stars in this galaxy. Science & Logic proves we are not unique and that there could be ET life on other planets. Now Greys do not break the rules of science, they even resemble our form. And about abductions, isn't it normal for scientists to take a species from it's environment in order to learn more about it?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

you summed up why the description of them is just so. Becuase it makes it more believable to the beleivers . see this thread post #7 for my reply to the op www.abovetopsecret.com...

by real science i mean current astronomical research. Exo-planet missions like corot & kepler. Mars rovers/landers, Cassini probe etc

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Great post. I am in your "space ship", so to speak.

I think the myth of aliens (greys) will be around for quite some time, some people refuse the truth and that it is impossible (as we know it), to travel from any solar system to another in a short time. Look at Voyager(s) [2], they just made it to the cusp outer edge of our solar system in 30 years.

I guess we have a long way to go in space. I just wish the monkeys would hurry up and evolve. Oh wait, that's us.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

The idea that we are alone is egotistical at the very least.
1. Astronomers have discovered hundreds of exoplanets revolving around stars, some with more than one. Planets are very common.
2. As instruments get more sophisticated, Earth type planets will possibly be detected.
3. Astronauts, airline pilots, and a myriad of professionals have reported flying objects that do not behave in anyway to anything we have.
4. History has written down sightings, and many mysterious objects are depicted in ancient artwork.
5. There are several very good abduction cases out there, with the Hills being one of the best.
6. The "grays" are a recent description. What the original beings seen at Roswell, the Hills and Mr Travis Walton are different than the large, naked grays that are seen today.
7. There would definately be more than one alien species visiting us.
8. They would be more advanced and have advanced propulsion systems, unlike the probes we have out there that use the slingshot effect of the planets to get to their destinations. (They always use the Voyager spacecraft when touting how long it would take. The Voyager probes are sailing as they do not have propulsion systems).
And finally, don't knock the late Betty Hill. Many people had got to know her and she is much beloved in the UFO community.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i like some of your points especially the knowledge you have about the hill aliens not looking like greys. Unfortunately alot of the ufo community has reworked them as greys.

but i have to take issue with these

The idea that we are alone is egotistical at the very least.

i dont think we are alone but if i was to guess i would say tech intelligence is rare. maybe 5 civs max in our galaxy. Its possible the nearest civilization is 2 million light years away in the andromeda galaxy. I just dont think anyone visits.

1. Astronomers have discovered hundreds of exoplanets revolving around stars, some with more than one. Planets are very common.

i know
this is my area of expertise, thats why i asked if finding another earth type planet would turn people from the alien myths to interest in real science. I suspect it wont be enough and may even fuel the alien mythology.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
I think the myth of aliens (greys) will be around for quite some time, some people refuse the truth and that it is impossible (as we know it), to travel from any solar system to another in a short time. Look at Voyager(s) [2], they just made it to the cusp outer edge of our solar system in 30 years.

So because we cannot travel to other solar systems in short time means nobody can?

If you were to somehow go 400 years back in time and claim you could fly from Londen to New York in less then 3 hours with more then 100 people at a time you would be burned at the stake.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
when will reality overtake your alien visitation/grey fantasy that your living just now?

People who use mind game tactics like you do to try and make people feel foolish for even considering an idea are not worth the time or effort to explain ones view to.

You weren't really even worth this much effort. What gives you the right to insult everyone who considers the possibility that some entities exist or those who have been in contact with them as living in a fantasy?

I am pretty sure this whole thread is a violation of the rules here at ATS.

GO MODS

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

The first statement was directed to man in general as a species. I do not think the UFO stories are myths. They are treated as such by the scientific community without even doing any investigation. That is the first part of science when confronted with something unexplained. I do take issue with you calling it a myth. I will be the first one to say there is no direct proof, but I do know there is plenty of evidence.
If they find an Earth planet, it will make more people believe we were visited as it will prove such planets are out there.
To Stockburn: As I stated in my previous post, the probes do not have a propulsion system. To use them as an argument on space travel would be moot.

How do you explain astronaut Gordon Cooper's sightings? Or the many craft observed by experienced commercial pilots? Many of the best cases have the most reliable witnesses.
Dr J Allen Hynek used to be a skeptic when he joined Project Blue Book. Even he changed his mind.
There are two many questions out there unanswered.
Thank you for starting an interesting post.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Having actually seen UFOs a couple of times in my life, having seen nothing else out of the ordinary, or been diagnosed with any mental condition, I can safely type that I will never have the dogmatic notions of science humanity has placed upon itself interest me more. To do so would require me to ignore what reality has presented me with.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

If they find an Earth planet, it will make more people believe we were visited as it will prove such planets are out there.

hehe i think you could be right, reality fueling the fantasy.

what if an alien race landed but were nothing like the greys and told you they searched the whole galaxy and we're the only 2 intelligent species. Would you believe them?

or do you think the greys as a story could survive that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join