It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The myths of Islam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is a re-post of a topic I had earlier that got taken down because i did not follow the rules. The following is from an article available at www.thereligionofpeace.com.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

"Muslims often complain of the popular "misconceptions" about their religion in the West.

We took a hard look, however, and found that the most deeply held myths of Islam are the ones generated by Muslims and Western apologists. The only glaring exception to this is the misconception that all Muslims are alike (they aren't), but even Muslims fall into this trap as well, as evidenced by the various contrary factions insisting that they are the true Muslims, while others are either infidels, hijackers, or hypocrites.

Don't be fooled! Hear the myths, but know the truth.

Islam Means 'Peace'

Islam respects Women as Equals

Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'

Islam is a Religion of Peace

Islam is Tolerant of Other Religions

Islam Facilitated a 'Golden Age' of Scientific Discovery

Islam is Opposed to Slavery

Islam is Incompatible with Terrorism

Islam is a Democracy

The Qur'an is the Muslim Counterpart to the Bible

Islam Means ‘Peace’

The Myth:

Lesser educated Muslims sometimes claim that the root word of Islam is “al-Salaam,” which is “peace” in Arabic.

The Truth:

The root word for Islam is “al-Silm,” which means “submission” or “surrender.” There is no controversy about this among Islamic scholars.

Submission and peace can be very different concepts, even if a form of peace is often brought about through forcing others into submission. As the modern-day Islamic scholar, Ibrahim Sulaiman, puts it, "Jihad is not inhumane, despite its necessary violence and bloodshed, its ultimate desire is peace which is protected and enhanced by the rule of law."

In truth, the Qur’an not only calls Muslims to submit to Allah, it also commands them to subdue people of other religions until they are in a full state of submission to Islamic rule. This has inspired the aggressive history of Islam and its success in conquering other cultures."

Now this site is not-anti muslim, in fact there would be a lot more muslims alive today if they recognize the evil that parts of islam state must happen,
This site high-lights those statements in a way that may seem partisan but is just stating the facts.
Islam IS NOT ABOVE REPROACH.
Funny thing is, were I in a muslim country I would be spending quite a lot of time in jail for simply pointing out islam's glaring contempt for everything.
having said that Islam has love also, its not all "kill all infidel's" even though there is quite a bit of it.

[edit: added source link and EX tags]
Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Pro-genetic]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I particularly enjoy "Islam prohibits slavery" type statements. The Saudi's abolished slavery in....drum roll....1963!

That's right folks, only 156 years after the British Empire declared slavery illegal (and slavery had never been legal in Britain anyway, this declaration was for the colonies).

So that's right, fear the big scary white man! Oooooo! We're coming to emancipate you! The pale devils that we are!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The problem with all religions are that they are written by man, man is flawed as no one can ever write a text that is not in some way coloured by there own thoughts feelings and views on diferent subjects.

So if man is flawed it stands to reason that all religions are flawed

As for this site it does raise some interesting points but I wonder if Islam is just not at the same point chrisianity or catholisum was 400 or 500 years ago so given more time "if they dont manage to rule the world" they will hopefully come to the same postion we are now.

What Islam does not have though is learning outside of the religion, no matter how bad the catholic church was there was still people who where able to learn and question the status quo. Until this is built into every day Muslim life they have no hope of growing

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Gleh...I'm lazy. And have a very bad short term memory. What was I saying in here?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Gleh...I'm lazy. And have a very bad short term memory. What was I saying in here?
Your picture looks familiar, i cant remember what was said here, the las tone got deleted because of a breach of T&C

new topics

top topics

join