It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Protesters Taken to Temporary Center

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaZCoN
Wow...this government is completely outta hand.

Do you mean the Bush Administration or the Democrat Party controlled Congress?

For the past 2 years, the Democrats have been in control of Congress and within this time frame they secured the LOWEST approval rating in history.

BTW, for future protesters, we'll be giving away free samples of this,
, to the first 100 participants and then send you merrily on your way.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Where is Plucky??

interesting points of view everyone, when the time comes, we shall see on what side the cops stand.
Protesting in the street, breaking the status quo, being disorderly and angry wont get them anywhere, as has been said, the only real protest we can do is get educated, analyze the situations, listen to all points of view, and then do something about it, but on a personal level, the change starts within our own minds.

there is no point in arguing whether the police or the protesters are right or wrong, this system mixes and spins both sides of the coin.
The truth is, if you get out of line, "justice" will be "served"
It doesn't matter if one agrees or not.

We all let that happen, but we all can change it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I wonder how long these 100+ protestors will be kept in the concentration camp. They're probably being given the Guantanamo Bay treatment complete with pitch black solitary confinement cells and nonstop Barbara Streisand music.

Probably waterboarding too, if the feds want to extract more information... I am glad I live far away from these camps but disappointed I couldn't protest too.

Plucky please report in!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm getting concerned about plucky myself.

Plucky! Where are you?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
this detention site was already built.
They all are, I remember when this was a conspiracy...
I remember when some plastic coffins were a conspiracy too...

What the state did, taking this crowd to a detention site all 100 of them, makes strong point:

DON'T PROTEST OR PROTEST AT YOUR OWN RISK.
OR COME AND PROTEST IN THIS TINY STATE PARK 1000 MILES AWAY.

I personally do not believe this is a good sign at all, as i mentioned, sets the tone of the near future.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
ya plucky where are ya dude! waiting..............

hope he/shes ok

also the reply is not working so in reply to that Andrew E Wiggin guy who said ...

""""
ya know...posting filth like this only does one thing:

It numbs the tragedy of a real concentration camp

if you are so dull that you don't recognize what a couple million jews went through in the events leading up to WW2, fine, then there is no hope.

Its called plan for the worst hope for the best

if they had planned for nothing, and something major had happened, you and people like you would be in here posting more garbage like "THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD CONCENTRATION CAMPS!!!!!!!"
"""""

First of all, thats why I put the word in inverted commas "concentration camps" I'm not sure what they should be called yet and many people are calling them this "concentration camps", and if people are killed in them. (as many as ww2 or not) then that is exactly what they will be, "concentration camps".

You are deliberately using miss direction and putting words in my mouth by saying that i am saying something offensive to those who suffered, those millions of poor people that suffered in the concentration camps in ww2, (that i visited by the way, and cried at the sickening sight of)

You also seem to be of the belief that these are being built for some sort of outbreak or natural disaster, I dont see any evidence of that so far myself, I only hope you are right sir. Perhaps you would like to point to evidence of that? I sure do hope your right that they are paying for the manufacturing of over half a million plastic coffins "just in case" something happens. Dont you see how "crazy" THAT sounds?

Please show more respect you are not mr know it all, just because you sit on one side of the fence. "posting filth" and "you are so dull" does not constitute as good manners or constructive critique. It only serves to provoke me personally and emotionally, (which by the way you did a good job of-is that the kind of thing that makes you proud?) but this is not that kind of forum and I'm 100% sure that the moderators would agree with me on that.

I have a feeling these 100 protesters will not be seen again, what would you say to that, if it happens?

They could be doing one or both of 2 things here, instilling fear by making an example and giving a warning to the rest of us, and/or killing them to invoke uncontrollable anger so as to create a serious uprising, so they get us in the position they want us to be in, "fighting" and twist that in the news to "home grown terrorism" or something akin to that.

Actually one of three or all three things, also a man made biological disease or war fare, so that they can secretly dodge the blame to something naturally occurring or point the finger to "another country" with a need to "Qurantine" People to "save others". (Problem - Reaction - Solution)

I hope much much much more then you that i am so so wrong, and Ill be so happy if i am. and I'm sorry if that does not cater to your ego, but there is much much more important and serious matters to discuss here then that. This is a very serious piece of news.

Id love to know how long you've been researching this stuff for, I bet you hoped I was just leaving a quick post and wouldn't check back here to reply. Well I'm very much looking forward now to your MANNERLY AND CIVIL reply to THIS and since it seems from your profile you are actually a debater I'm sure you'll come up with something. Or maybe nothing at all? I will make sure to U2U you so you know I have replied. Absolutely nothing wrong with an intelligent debate but I cant stand slander, it is not intelligent and it goes no-where

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Boostah]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
From Dictionary:

concentration camp noun a place where large numbers of people, esp. political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

Yes, these public protesters and those who support them seem to bitch and complain for getting what they rightfully deserve and push for as well as exaggerate the events surrounding the protests.

Makes us look like a bunch of spoiled sissified idiots when our country is being represented by these morons who don't know the history of effective protesting (which does not involve these types, but take place on a more personal level) let alone what the intent was behind the constitution and our freedoms.

Put down the "we are losing our freedom" signs and actually start USING your freedoms in a more effective manner. Public protests turn the general public off and thus does little to educate anyone through the process and they most certainly don't prove your point that we are (or are turning into) a police state when you are incite police to take action. The general public will see this as silly and go on about their daily lives feeling free as a bird, unaware of the subtle invasions into their lives.

Pick up a pen and paper or blog... anything that will show you are an intelligent being who can do more to educate others than just running around ridiculously screaming like a lunatic or inflicting self harm (referring to the starvation method) with your glittery homemade signs.

I bet ya I have made more ppl aware in my day to day life by utilizing my brain, face to face conversations, and internet tools than all of these public protests combined. Show me the proof that protests are educating and making ppl aware of your causes and I'll show you mine

[edit on 28-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Based on what you are saying about how just a handfull of jackasses can taint an entire crowd of people, I have to wonder why it doesn't seem to be an accepted fact that it works both ways? Yes, there are some cops who are jerks, but that doesn't mean it is any fairer to use those jerks as grounds to call out the entirety of the police than it would be for someone to use the protesters who are acting like jerks & breaking the law to paint all protesters as dangerous lawbreakers.

Yes, I do agree that it can work both ways. But, I also think that certain news stations tend to have a more right wing conservative bias, and will always try to make those who are more left look bad.

And, just because I, my husband and some of our friends have been harassed by a few "bad cops" doesn't mean we haven't also dealt with police who we felt truly had our best interest at heart. I would in no way condemn an entire group of people because of a few. However, I do think that type of job can attract those of a "bully" mentality. Power corrupts.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

I bet ya I have made more ppl aware in my day to day life by utilizing my brain, face to face conversations, and internet tools than all of these public protests combined. Show me the proof that protests are educating and making ppl aware of your causes and I'll show you mine

You know, it's wonderful that you are able to do so much just sitting in front of your computer, however, sometimes getting out there and making yourself known is necessary.

I remember probably almost 10 years ago, I went to Peabody coal headquarters with a group to protest their attempting to take away water and land rights from the Dineh, a small group of Navajo subsistence farmers in northwest Arizona. They were having to drive 40 miles round trip just for a bucket of drinkable water because of Peabody.

They had already tried all the written and telephone means of contacting Peabody, and all attempts were ignored. When we finally physically went to the place and marched in front of it with signs, well, suddenly, lo and behold, Peabody was willing to speak to a Dineh representative who was there with us!!
I guess when a company doesn't want negative attention in front of their headquarters, they tend not to totally ignore the little guy anymore.

You tell me how handwritten letters, phone calls, and the internet helped in that case.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Boostah

1.) When the reply feature isnt working - you have to remove the ' from the very end of the URL in the address bar, revisit the webpage with the ' removed, and hit reply again - works like a charm.

You are deliberately using miss direction and putting words in my mouth by saying that i am saying something offensive to those who suffered, those millions of poor people that suffered in the concentration camps in ww2, (that i visited by the way, and cried at the sickening sight of)

How am i putting words in your mouth? You said "concentration camps"

...you formed the words with your own two hands....i didn't superimpose my brain powers into your body ....

You said it - i called it like i saw it.

Its not a concentration camp. Its called preventative maintenance.
Because if they hadn't taken precautions - then people like you would be on here moaning and whining that they didn't do anything.

Just because i strongly disagree with the twisted and ignorant approach you take to this situation doesnt mean i lack manners.

What would you have me do...walk around with a big neon sign over my head that says "BOOSTAH IS THE COOLEST USER ON ATS AND HE IS MY BEST FRIEND ... even though i dont think they're concentration camps"??

Thats not debate. Thats pandering.

I disagree with you. Get over it.
If you are mad at me for it - take a number.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoesI remember probably almost 10 years ago, I went to Peabody coal headquarters with a group to protest their attempting to take away water and land rights from the Dineh, a small group of Navajo subsistence farmers in northwest Arizona. They were having to drive 40 miles round trip just for a bucket of drinkable water because of Peabody.

They had already tried all the written and telephone means of contacting Peabody, and all attempts were ignored. When we finally physically went to the place and marched in front of it with signs, well, suddenly, lo and behold, Peabody was willing to speak to a Dineh representative who was there with us!!
I guess when a company doesn't want negative attention in front of their headquarters, they tend not to totally ignore the little guy anymore.

You tell me how handwritten letters, phone calls, and the internet helped in that case.

That is excellent
Job well done. I am sure you deserve a sticker for your efforts!

Let me clarify for you since you obviously have missed the point. Public protests that incite police action and/or abuse the freedoms and blessings that we have been given are moronic and a waste of time, ESPECIALLY when it is being done in the name of "freedom"!! Better?

You are referring to a case that is far more specific than the one cited in the op, and as you stated in the above was carried out only after all other available resources were tapped in to.

There are far more effective ways to go about getting the government out of our lives than stirring up trouble and/or abusing what we DO have.

I have stated elsewhere on this board that I am not ANTI protesting, but I am anti abusing that right.

If you have ought with a specific company and have used up every alternative method available to try and acquire what you deserve, then holding a protest such as the one you have mentioned seems reasonable.

What they are doing in the protest that we were discussing in this thread is not only not reasonable, but a waste of time, counterproductive, and SILLY!

I am 100% for these idiots being locked away for the sake of the public! I even like the idea of having their right to vote temporarily suspended, as another poster had mentioned.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
A reminder to please keep this discussion civil...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

That is excellent
Job well done. I am sure you deserve a sticker for your efforts!

No "sticker" necessary, nor a cookie or any other juvenile reward you can come up with. I only mentioned it to provide an example.

Let me clarify for you since you obviously have missed the point. Public protests that incite police action and/or abuse the freedoms and blessings that we have been given are moronic and a waste of time, ESPECIALLY when it is being done in the name of "freedom"!! Better?

Thanks for that clarification. This was not well brought out in the original post of yours that I responded to.

I happen to agree, some folks do this to get attention, or prove a point, or vent frustration, or whatever. Not very constructive, if that's your MO.

You are referring to a case that is far more specific than the one cited in the op, and as you stated in the above was carried out only after all other available resources were tapped in to.

There are far more effective ways to go about getting the government out of our lives than stirring up trouble and/or abusing what we DO have.

True. And, interestingly, there were a couple of folks at the protest I mentioned, yelling and acting a fool, really trying to get arrested. I'm not ignorant, I know it happens, as I have mentioned before in other posts. But, in my experience, it has not been the majority bent to act stupid.

I have stated elsewhere on this board that I am not ANTI protesting, but I am anti abusing that right.

If you have ought with a specific company and have used up every alternative method available to try and acquire what you deserve, then holding a protest such as the one you have mentioned seems reasonable.

What they are doing in the protest that we were discussing in this thread is not only not reasonable, but a waste of time, counterproductive, and SILLY!

I am 100% for these idiots being locked away for the sake of the public! I even like the idea of having their right to vote temporarily suspended, as another poster had mentioned.

Please consider that the news outlets you are getting your information from may not be telling you the entire story. Anything goes, it seems, for the sake of sensationalism, and/or the sake of shaping the public's perception of events in their world.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What are the logistics of keeping 100 persons at the same time in a detainment center?

Who are they taking next, or for what reasons?

People get excited easily en masse, the most basic emotions come to the surface, anger and fear, as have been implanted by the system and media, treated like cattle, the good sheep, the nasty dogs, and the fat pigs. like PF said!

That money could house all of the displaced people the fear of the recession made.
All the tent cities around large cities and the people living in their cars, as time goes by and things get tougher, more and more people will loose their homes and jobs, guess where they'll be sent...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenshoesPlease consider that the news outlets you are getting your information from may not be telling you the entire story. Anything goes, it seems, for the sake of sensationalism, and/or the sake of shaping the public's perception of events in their world.

I can't disagree with you on this. However, some of the videos were put out by the protesters themselves, so in this case the bias was meant to be in favor of the protesters. My assessment still stands. They deserved to be led away and were actually led away quite kindly considering.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Busting the heads of a few demonstrators early in there march is a good tactic IMHO.It makes the cowards with the masks to think twice about damaging propery of the the good people Denver.Anyone wearing a mask should be attacked by the protesters themselves and it would solve all the problems.Police yourselves protesters and you you wont have a problem with Denvers Finest. This aint the Seattle police department your dealing with here.Its a Zero Tolerence State and we wont put up with any BS by Code Pink or anyone else.If you dont like it, leave or dont protest. And where are the cowards in the masks? Hiding behind the women waiting for their chance. They dont want to get hurt, but they sure would team up and beat the hell out of someone if the could get away with it.Get arrested Code Pink and Recreate 68. Mommy and daddy will pay your 500 dollar fine .

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
ya know...posting filth like this only does one thing:

It numbs the tragedy of a real concentration camp

if you are so dull that you don't recognize what a couple million jews went through in the events leading up to WW2, fine, then there is no hope.

I don't think anyone alive is so dull that they don't know what happened to Jewish people during World War 2. But just because the Nazis had REALLY horrible concentration camps doesn't mean regular ones are any less horrible now.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Yes I did say "concentration camps" you are right you did not put those words in my mouth but what you did say is that somehow insults the ww2 version of concentration camps, and you called my post filth and went on to say i must be so dull etc.

well how about we just get into an insulting match then, would that please you? should i just call your post filth and say you must be so dumb not to realize my point, is that really progressive debate, or is it just lengthening something out so you never get to an ultimate answer, uhu.

and by the way; you say you disagree with me What is it you disagree with me on, the semantics of the word concentration camp? is that it? lets be specific here. Even if you do disagree with me on anything thats no reason for me to be mad at you, you have every right to believe what you want, I was mad at your attitude, it shows no respect, so i threw the book at you.

also you didn't answer my questions in the last post.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Boostah]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join