It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Protesters Taken to Temporary Center

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bdswetty

That is another issue, we may see an increase of what is called by our ruling government the homegrown terrorist movement this term will be use more and more by the law enforcement at local and federal level.

We all know as why this is to become a trend and what better opportunity that to use the Democratic and Republican events.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

A camp is inhumane, no matter what. If the people are protesting, there is clearly something wrong somewhere. The solution is not to put them in a camp.

And BTW, 25 million soviet citizens died in that war and many of them in those camps. 6 millions Jews is just scratching the surface of WW2.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You live in tyranny. Accept it, deal with it, and move on. But I recommend that you do not protest about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I'm amused that the brownshirts blocking public roadways, intimidating journalists, reportedly destroying trees and upturning garbage cans & newspaper machines as they illegally parade down the street, and innundating local residents with fear that if they don't hate the war, the president, the police, and everything about the system then they better stay away from said brownshirts lest they be mobbed is OK but setting up free speech zones isn't. Their right to freedom of speech & freedom to demonstrate does NOT trump any other citizen's rights, regardless of how loudly they say it does.

Every clip I've seen so far has a large contingent chanting "F this" or "f that" or "We want war" or "kill -fill in the blank-" Personally I'm impressed the cops haven't started busting heads open. Shows an admirable level of restraint and demonstrates that the cops do have a level of respect for people... sadly I can't say the same about the protestors.

Well considering they weren't doing any of that.
And you just made that all up.
For dramatic effect or just due to your psych problems.
Doesn't that make you a liar?
Show the clip you've seen of them actually breaking the law?
Back up your claims of these protesters deserving this violence upon them?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Redneck, at what point do you say they'll label them "terrorist?" Will it be when they start actually rioting and terrorizing the residents of Denver (or whatever city they decide to "demonstrate" in) or will it be when they start conspiring to do so? I love how all of this is assumed to be peaceful protests when, in reality, the organizers of this have no intention of it being peaceful. They have an agenda, and agenda which dictates that one of their top goals will be to enact self fulfilling prophecy... push, push, push the cops & the government until you finally get the response you wanted and then spin around and say "See! See! We told you! POLICE STATE! POLICE STATE!" while hoping and praying that the pleebs are either dumb enough or blind enough to not point out that the whole damn thing was instigated by the protestors themselves.

You misunderstand me burdman. I am not saying these protesters are innocent. What I am saying is we are seeing the violence spread, little by little. At the same time, we are seeing laws put into place that are targeted directly at 'domestic terrorism'.

So what we get is this: protesters protest peacefully; the police use tasers, because they are told tasers are harmless and ordered to use them to 'maintain order'. The next round of protests are less peaceful because the protesters are angry; the police counter with pepper spray/pepper balls. Again, the protests become less peaceful, and again the police step up their tactics to compensate: tear gas, rubber bullets.

Eventually, we will have some seriously disturbed individuals cross the line and begin actually committing this 'domestic terrorism', i.e. bombings and shootings. At that point, anyone who protests is reasonably suspected to be involved with domestic terrorism, and protests can be outlawed outright.

'Protest' can also be defined as speaking out against a political agenda or governmental decree. That could be equated with complaining about how high taxes are to a coworker when you arrive at work. It's called incrementalism, and it works very effectively.

Now, I am sure these protesters were not exactly peaceful. But neither were the police. It's not the fault of either, but rather a downward spiral into violence. The real culprits never hold a taser, and never hold a sign.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
great issue raised here

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON
Here is a fairly recent news shot of people being pepper sprayed...www.breitbart.tv...

You noticed that this group (Start of video) tried rushing the police. (Listen to them count down .. One two three.. Then push as a group towords the police)

From what i saw it seems to me the group that started it all were just trying to cause trouble. I doubt the police would have used pepper spray in the first place if the group hadn't tried what they did.

Like i said in another post about a week ago.... There are idiots who are going to the DNC in Denver just to cause as much trouble as the can.. For whatever cause that may be.

Yea.. innocent people will get caught in the crossfire but seriusly.. If i saw a group of idiots doing what these people were doing i would move somewhere else.

I also noticed quite a few of the people in this group that caused the problem were wearing masks etc.. I don't care..If your wearing a mask your up to no good. Plain and simple. There is no reason to hide your identity unless your up to no good.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The Police are Scared of the People, aren't they? How sad our countrys' police act like the Chinese Police when it comes to Protests!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
These "protesters" are weirdos and nuts.

What are you ppl talkin about.

They need to quit acting like fools and shut up.

Why do they have their face covered? Are they goin to start throwning rocks at tanks too?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by L.HAMILTON

100 protesters have been taken to the Razor-wire makeshift warehouse...

For accuracy sake. The razor wire was removed and they are air conditioned. This was a case were the outrage worked.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Recreate 68 was doing that. Code Pink has been acting up. A bunch of them marched to where they were not supposed to be. They got themselves arrested on purpose with planted camera people everywhere and the pieced together vid's are showing up and will be everywhere by tomorrow.

When people get themselves arrested on purpose it is hard to have any empathy. They wanted arrested and did what it took to get arrested. They won't be sharing those tapes though. Just the carefully edited ones they want you to see.

Edited to remind everyone that Alex Jones is working on a documentary to sell you? It should be lots and lots of small clips pieced together for your viewing pleasure. Send in your requests so he can create the scenarios you imagine to be true.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
deleted

[edit on 8/27/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
For dramatic effect or just due to your psych problems.
Doesn't that make you a liar?
Show the clip you've seen of them actually breaking the law?
Back up your claims of these protesters deserving this violence upon them?

I made nothing up whatsoever. I cited clips of people chanting "f-this" and "we want war" and that was what the clips were of. Just watch any of them and see that there are some doing that. The FOX news clip posted from last night her at ATS in the "sprinkler system malfunction" thread showed exactly that.

The other reports of incidents leading up to last nights altercation with police came directly from the description rockymountainnews.com had from eye witnesses throughout the day today. For some reason I can't seem to get the site to load tonight, don't know if that's a problem on my end or a traffic problem, but the url is www.rockymountainnews.com and they have a large DNC convention section right on the front page. FYI, they seem to be fairly sympathetic to the protestors' cause.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think they are doing some good, I mean just look at all the laughter they bring to us here.
I first thought they should just send the hippies to a peacful country, like Iraq, where they can protest the war in person, but then I relized they were storming the Democrates. The I was satisfied. Nothing I like more than heckling a Democrate.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

While you make a good point on the use of 'Concentration Camp', I don't believe its been used on wrong terms. We haven't even seen the full potential of these camps, but bringing attention to them doesnt hurt. The trains, coffins, and the camps themselves need more attention. Using the word 'Concentration Camp' isnt bad if it will potentially save lives. I say potentially because we aren't even 100% sure what these camps basic functions are for yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by TaZCoN

I would also say they are creating the so called 'homegrown' terrorists' they are supposedly protecting us from?

Of course, that's the plan. I'm surprised you sound surprised.

I'm not anti-war, nor anti-capitalism, heck, I would likely be attacked by these crowds for being a Bush lover or something (even though I despise what Bush has done). But the real agenda behind this little incident is to get everyone labeled a 'suspected terrorist', thereby stripping them of their Constitutional rights under the auspices of the Patriot Act.

It's happening under our noses and will get worse. Much worse. And the end of it all will be bad. REAL bad...

TheRedneck

Sometimes when I give my views on the protestors, people get the impression that I'm on the other side also. I am rabidly anti-Bush, but I wasn't born yesterday and I read history, something I think very few of these protestors do. They may be intelligent, but they are ignorant too. It doesn't take a lot of knowledge to know exactly what to expect from a protest like these, and yet the protesters seem shocked that they are being attacked. Isn't there some knowledgeable person there that can educate these naive kids on what the reaction has always been? The only people shocked by all this are those that didn't live through the Sixties, didn't study recent history, or just don't care...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I've spoke to many americans on others forums and they were saying that it would be crazy to go protest... only morans would do so because of the police and the backslash...

I hope it's not the majority of americans who think like that because if so, the american people already have the slave mentality and are afraid to exercise their basic rights. You know what the next step is... and those americans will still say nothing because they are in fear... just like in the Soviet Union.

And it's only starting... with all those people in college doing Homeland Security degrees.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is just another way of indoctrinating people to accept how they want them to see reality. The future under control of the beast will be hell on earth.

EDIT to ask Where is Plucky?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by antar]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I've spoke to many americans on others forums and they were saying that it would be crazy to go protest... only morans would do so because of the police and the backslash...

It is moronic to not stand up for our rights! It IS our right to demonstrate, to freedom of assembly and speech.

I hope it's not the majority of americans who think like that because if so, the american people already have the slave mentality and are afraid to exercise their basic rights. You know what the next step is... and those americans will still say nothing because they are in fear... just like in the Soviet Union.

Ok now your pissing me off. You are obviously suppose to be in school today not hanging out on the boards, by all means you need your education.

And it's only starting... with all those people in college doing Homeland Security degrees.

And they are coming after 'you'. This is why they call it the NWO not AWO. Question is, will you just lay down and accept this new reality?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by antar]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
theres a difference between protesting and standing in teh street making a public ass out of yourself.

most democraps haven't learned this difference yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join