It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans DID NOT come from Apes????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was just doing some research on human DNA for my Genetics class and I came across something that blew me away. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge to you guys or not, but I figured I'd share what I found. As we all know, humans normally have 23 pairs of chromosomes. I read that apes such as gorillas, chimps, and orangutans have 24 pairs of chromosomes. Given this info, how did a human evolve from an ape if we have one less then they do??? I took into account that two strands may have combined, but the math don't work right. If two strands combined, then we would have started out with 24 chromosomes, the same amount as the ape. Once two of the strands became one, then humans would have ended up with only 22 chromosomes... Right??? Correct me if I am wrong, please. I am doing a thesis on this and if I am wrong, I would like to know now lol.

If we didn't evolve from apes, then where DID we come from?? The whole aliens made people theory is starting to look like a good theory to me.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by KaginD]

+27 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
For about the 1 million two hundred thirty third thousandth time:
Humans did not evolve from apes.

Humans and apes have a common ancestor.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Phage]

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
For about the 1 million two hundred thirty third thousandth time:
Humans did not evolve from apes.

Humans and apes have a common ancestor.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Phage]

okay, I just joined last week, so I would not have seen your 1millionth two hundred and 33rd thousand other posts...thanks for the input though.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Not from me. And not only here.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Don't know much about what you posted, sorry your theory makes little sense to me I'm afraid but........I do know that if our ancient ancestors had 24 chromosomes and 2 joined together then that would leave 23, not 22.
Your understanding of elementary maths is staggering.
And you are studying for a thesis.
The education system where you are from must be appalling!

Sorry, no offence intended at all.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You guys are unbelievable!! I joined this site because I enjoy reading everyones opinions and I thought it would be a good thing to be a part of. You have made it clear that you are not welcoming of new members nor do you have any intentions on doing so. Its a shame, because I thought this was a great site, but given the fact that you have been so rude, you have totally changed my opinion of the entire site. Thanks! You know, you would think that given the fact that this is a site for ideas that get scrutinized on normal web pages, that you would be a little more understanding.. I guess not. I'm deleting my account, so you won't have to worry about any "uneducated" opinions anymore.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Many of us went to school and remember the poster illustrating the evolution of man.
The poster I remember in my science class had the Title: From Ape to Man.

So cut the OP some slack.

The Chromosome issue is an interesting one. Consider that humans have 46 Chromosomes, that is 23 pairs. But the one-celled protozoa called aulacantha has 1,600 chromosomes!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

The OP had a question about evolution and chromosome count. There was a basic flaw in the question. I addressed the flaw. If the OP can't handle my low level of sarcasm this really is the wrong place.

This isn't about being welcoming to new members. I don't pay much attention to the point system.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
the chromosome issue is a key test of evolutionary theory. If we share a common anscestor with apes evolution says we should find a fused chromosome in human cells.

and thats exactly what we find, Chromosome 2 in humans is fused from 2 pairs of chromosomes.

watch this video it explains it better

[edit on 26-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

Please don´t care about the rude ones, they have
some issues that they need to drop here, if you
have a little time, wait, and, you will se that somone
will have some answers to you, or, at least talk
about this, i don´t know that mutch about DNA
and this, but, i don´t think we came from the apes.

Please, welkome to ATS and stay!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Humans evolved from primates, just not the ones here on Earth...

Our 6 billion inhabitants are all decendants of an original colony of 15 thousand humans planted here by advanced humans from another planet. The fossils we find are plants from the specimens on out true homeworld.

Earth is a colony, we have yet to find who colonized us, we have to move toward world peace and the end of war before we find out who we came from.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Yah that was a rude comment up there... Pay it no mind.

From what I understand, humans and apes share alot of the same chromosomes. Maybe the extra chromosome pair accounts for the flat nose

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
KaginD,

I apologise if I offended you, just that the basic maths offered was incorrect.

You are fully entitled to your opinion and it is good that you wish to share ideas.

I had no desire to ridicule you, if I caused offense then again, I apologise but maybe you should begin to expect a certain amount of criticism when you appear not to know that 24 - 1 = 23.

As expected, others more learned than me can explain the science surrounding chromosomes.

Edit to add:
Oh, and I don't think there is a member on here of more than a month long membership who hasn't been seriously flamed at one point or another.
I know I most certainly have, and a lot more unciviliy than has been shown on this thread, I assure you!

[edit on 26/8/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

alright man,
good topic to start..
just receltly i got involved in this to a small extent on another thread.
i know the heading is about pyramids in antartica but if you surf to this ATS page i provide a link to loyde pye.. bad spelling me thinks. in the interview he gives a great explanation in lay mans terms about the chromosones issue and the origins of the species.

daz__

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I personally believe humans are a cross between pigs and chimps.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daz__
this ATS page i provide a link to loyde pye.. bad spelling me thinks. in the interview he gives a great explanation in lay mans terms about the chromosones issue and the origins of the species.

This is the link to Lloyd Pye's website. There are indeed some interesting things there.

www.lloydpye.com...

And please don't leave so quickly. You'll make a fine addition to ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Despite what I have said in another thread... evolution is a lie.

Humans were created by God, almost as they are today. We have many different "races" because we've all adapted to our own environments.

So yeah, sorry to busrt your bubble on the whole evolution thing. Never happend.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by the_watcher

LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
the_watcher,

Maybe, I doubt it though, but I am certainly prepared to consider the possibility if you would care to provide some evidence to suggest that this is just more than religious dogma and rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Maybe, I doubt it though, but I am certainly prepared to consider the possibility if you would care to provide some evidence to suggest that this is just more than religious dogma and rhetoric.

Ah-ha! An open mind. Very rare these days...

Science vs. Religion is a very sticky thing. When someone wants science I can give them science. I've studied up on it, so sure I can give you whatever proof the scientific community has to offer in the favor of science. The problem lies in the perception of those so-called facts, though.

Take, for example, Geology. In Geology they'll tell you that the Geologic Layers of the earth were formed over millions of years, and that means that the further down you dig, the further back in time you go. Says who? Anyone who was around millions of years ago to observe this please raise you hand. Anyone? I thought not. What makes more sense is that the layers were formed rapidly through a major catastrphic event, and that is why you can find dinosaurs skeletons next to human skeletons IN THE SAME LAYER.

(Link: Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed

Paluxy River in Glen Rose Texas, human footprints discovered next to Dinosaur tracks.)

It's all a matter of interpretation. If you want to believe someone is lying to you, then choose who the liar is. Either it's science or God. Either way it's up to you.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by the_watcher]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join