It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Air Force discloses UFOs sightings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
i have always wondered why any miltary air force would not want this information to be public for the safety of the their pilots and for the private sector of pilots.
That is the problem, they don't need to publish this for their pilots, so they keep it an internal affair.

one question though ...are these reports only military sightings reported by military personel ? or are they going to merge other sources into the database ?
As far as I could see, most are from private citizens, one civilian pilot, one military pilot and two radar operators, i my memory serves me well.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The U.S is far from disclosure, at least in my eyes. Its not just a simple acknowledgement. As soon as our government even hints that UFO's even exist, thousands of us believers are going to start asking questions... questions that they may and cannot answer. With the acknowledgement of this phenomena comes the question of, have there been any crashes? what can / have we learned from them in a technological sense? so what about Roswell and Kecksburg, where they real ufo's?

In my personal opinion, I want disclosure more than anything, but I strongly believe it wont be this easy because if we do have our hands on "alien" technology, it becomes an issue of national security when keeping this technology under wraps from opposing nations. On top of that, i'm pretty sure the U.S gov't good at and has no problem keeping secrets

[edit on 26-8-2008 by VveaponS2K]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

One step at a time. Most people of the world really will not be able to handle a full-blown disclosure of this type of information. They don't do research on it like many ATS readers do. It would twist people's worlds upside down.

I think it's nice that they are at least beginning to shed some light on the subject from a military perspective.

But... a secret deed is an evil deed. And whatever is going on behind closed doors now won't be revealed for a long time. And by then, there will be more things going on behind closed doors.

In any case... it's a good thing for the average person. If someone saw this on the news, they might go online and do some more serious research (in effect, waking them the # up)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

thanks ArMaP for deciphering those reports for us

As far as I could see, most are from private citizens, one civilian pilot, one military pilot and two radar operators, i my memory serves me well.

I am very happy to see that it is not just military reports , and the fact that the Italian Air Force is collecting all the data from every source is in my opinion the right thing to do.

to me that shows that they are actually interested in everyone's safety and they want to know about all the possible threats that could be flying around their airspace. makes perfect sense to me.

now i am wondering if they will urge people to file theit report with them instead of Mufon or other data bases ? i doubt Mufon would forward the information to the Italian database ? having UFO sighting reports in different places makes no sense to me.

as far as them keeping it as an internal affair...that would be foolish imo because there maybe clues that are unnoticed or missed because they didn't share the info with the public.

i can understand that people could get scared and paranoid from their Military putting this info out there but it's the only way that we will ever have a concerted effort in finding the truth.

if the U.S. does not follow suit eventually it will be evidence that they are hiding something.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Excellent post Internos as usual. Definitely a star and flag from me

As you said, it's another BIG step toward disclosure, and it sure as hell doesn't hurt the cause.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Alright! Could we be seeing a "domino effect" in UFO disclosure? Pretty soon we will see the kingpin bulwark of UFO secrecy teeter, totter, and topple: the USA.

It's going to be like the mega UFO jackpot PINATA.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

good deal...thanks for sharing this with us bro.

let's keep the disclosure ball rolling

we need to raise the Consciousness of humanity

(^_*)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

So after all of this and it is still remains unexplained?

Hmmmmm not much to see here....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AntisepticSkeptic

This is NOT a disclosure based on some ufo sighting:

this is a GOVERNMENT who says "well guys, we have had some UFOs, these are the reports", END OF STORY.
I barely took a look at their reports: we know much more than them about UFOs lol

The point is that another government decided to give an official place to UFOs, on its official website: Italy said that UFOs exist, OFFICIALLY, this is the news, end of story.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Do you ever have anything to add? The thread isn't titled "UFOs Identified: All Pieces of the Puzzle Together!"
It's just to show there are more governments admitting to the UFO phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Your last point: true, but at what point does it become unacceptable for a person to deny them?
Speaking as a bleeding heart, I think there is an issue of victimization. If the U.S. Government acknowledges UFOs in coordination with corporate media in the US, it will open a floodgate of potential inquiries and perhaps even lawsuits. They have used National Security as a black ops blanket/cloak. They have abused the FOIA.

"Disclosure" in the watershed-moment sense is a virtual impossibility here in the US. It will come piecemeal with insinuation, younger people accepting the previous generation's far-out theories as fact.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I like you. You're scared of something, can't put my finger on it.

-------------

Like they say, curiosity killed the cat. Fortunately there is too many curious individuals, around the world, of different beliefs and cultures. Sorry to say but, we are going to prevail.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thats kind of nice that they discloes what they know,but I think the thing people are looking for is when the U.S. comes clean with everything that they know about UFOs. But I say dont hold your breth on that one becaues its realy not in there hands now anyways.If you do the reserch you will find that its realy the industreal milltary complex that is the owner of that information.Its in private hands now and they selfishly will keep it there as long as they are the rulers of the world. Remeber that it was handed to them by our good old friend in the white houes back in the fiftys, just like the fedrel reserve was in 1913. WAKE UP AMERICA before its to late !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
All it takes is a sighting of drastic porportions for yourself and it doesn't matter who releases what info. We belive with our own proof.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by unholsteredmedia

Yes I agree that a masive sighting that cant be coverd up would make it final proff the they are here. Thats the only way were ever going to find out.But not from any GOV any where as long as they are in control.They will just keep on screwing with us with there foggy reports. All you have to do is follow the money trail,its that simpal.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moegli

I like you. You're scared of something, can't put my finger on it.

-------------

Like they say, curiosity killed the cat. Fortunately there is too many curious individuals, around the world, of different beliefs and cultures. Sorry to say but, we are going to prevail.

I'm not scared of anything. I don't know where you get that 'scared' part from my post. I'm just saying these 'phenomena' remains unexplained.
And that's that.

No E.T. explanation. Just unexplained.
And those who jump to that conclusion are making a light-year leap.

And yes there isn't much to see in something that cannot be explained and cannot be easily seen and produce physical empirical evidence and cannot cannot be repeated.

UFOs. Unidentified Flying Object(s). A military personnel can misidentify a secret US or Russian military aircraft or even a weather balloon and it would still be called a UFO.

Don't get your panties in a bunch....

[edit on 26-8-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You know Antilogic, at least Thrash, Armap and a few other worthy skeptics attempt to utilize reasonable judgement when debunking the whole world, where all you do is cry foul, when it's actually you who is stinking this place up...

Go back to skeptic school and get your certificate, then come back and try again - but use another name dude, that way we won't know it's the same idiot trying to derail another thread...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Well its OK to be skeptical,but I gota tell ya when you look at all the evidence thats out there its pretty hard not to belive theres somthing going on besides just lights in the skys. I know that its somthing real and soon we will all know it in good time when they are ready to show them selfs they will in a big way, and at that point nobody will be suprized. They are very high dementional beings and they are waiting for us to grow up a little more before they interact with us. How would you as an alian from another planit feel if you saw a cop shot some body and then run over and help them out after they just hurt that person with a weapon, I would be scraching my head trying to figure it out wouldnt you.We humans as a race have come a long ways with our tecnoligy but we have to grow up to a biger reality of sprit before we can even come close to there ways of seeing things. I truly belive that its us thats keeping them from realy showing them selfs more then our goverments trying to hide them.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yeah we're all making cosmic conclusions complete with extra dimensional beings and super technology. That's exactly what we're doing.

Or if you're inclined to believe that UFOs are a product of decades of secret technological projects, such a leap in scientific advancement and technological progress should not be without some form of influence, would it not?

50 years ago: black and white television!

At this point, for the skeptic, it's all about reasonable speculation.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chapter29

You know Antilogic, at least Thrash, Armap and a few other worthy skeptics attempt to utilize reasonable judgement when debunking the whole world, where all you do is cry foul, when it's actually you who is stinking this place up...

Go back to skeptic school and get your certificate, then come back and try again - but use another name dude, that way we won't know it's the same idiot trying to derail another thread...

Whoawhoawhoa.

Why the hostility, dude?

I'm just telling something that is obvious.

They're unexplained and will continue to be that way until concrete evidence that undeniably prove what they actually are.

Weather phenomena? Hallucinations? Misidentification? Aliens from another planet/dimension/universe? All exisiting evidence points to the former explanations but not to the last. And it still remains the most plausible explanation.

Let step back a lilttle bit here. People claim that they came form some other planet/galaxy/universe/whatever. How did they come about this conclusion when no concrete evidence to support the existence of these beings in the first place?

See my point here?

It's not like the conspiracy theorists had an interview with an alien on Larry King and the alien said: "I came form the planet Dredo form the constellation of Zeta Reticuli" NO. So no compelling evidence. Just speculations.

IF there was concrete evidence THAT CAN BE EXAMINED and finally prove the existence of these beings, I'll be willing to concede. Like an ET craft, an ET - live or dead. But until that time comes, ETs don't exist. Aliens don't exist. Extradimensional beings don't exist.

I'm not going to feel offended by you calling me an idiot. I'm above that. And I respect everyone's opinion.

It's what you get for telling the truth. In ancient times someone who said the truth that the Earth was round would be ridiculed and even executed. I guess people's mentality hasn't changed.....

It's the truth. UFOs are unidentified. Those who claim more than that without using occam's razor : using the best plausible existing evidence to support it might as well believe in the existence of Santa Claus.

Edit to add the word 'dude'

[edit on 27-8-2008 by AntisepticSkeptic]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join