It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could i suggest a feature?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Sorry,but a little something has been niggling at me,and maybe a few others too. (stand up!!) Y'know on long threads,with say 20+ pages,would it be possible to have a "last page" link to click on,cos skipping through 4 pages at a go to get to the end (especially if you don't know how many pages there are) can take longer than you expect sometimes
(Georgia thread being a prime example)

err,anyway,sorry if this is seemed to be picky. But I thought I'd ask the question

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is such a link in every long thread (with more than 3/4 pages). It looks like this:
>>

You'll find it just on the right of the Flag box and just above the Tags box. Alternatively you can replace the page number in the URL with "pglastpost".

For example if this were to become a large thread page 1 will look like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread385375/pg1
to go to the last post:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread385375/pglastpost

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
click the little 'double arrows' >> after the '1234' it will take you to the last page..

[edit on 8/26/2008 by KATSUO]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
There is such a link in every long thread (with more than 3/4 pages). It looks like this:
>>

You'll find it just on the right of the Flag box and just above the Tags box. Alternatively you can replace the page number in the URL with "pglastpost".

For example if this were to become a large thread page 1 will look like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread385375/pg1
to go to the last post:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread385375/pglastpost

heh,thank you

now I feel a little silly (and lazy for not clicking everything at the bottom of a thread) As I posted this thread,I had a brain fart,that there probably was something there.

Anyway,thank yous for the reply,and for pointing out the obvious to me in such a nice way

move along please,nothing to see here

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Sorry,but a little something has been niggling at me,and maybe a few others too. (stand up!!) Y'know on long threads,with say 20+ pages,would it be possible to have a "last page" link to click on,cos skipping through 4 pages at a go to get to the end (especially if you don't know how many pages there are) can take longer than you expect sometimes
(Georgia thread being a prime example)

err,anyway,sorry if this is seemed to be picky. But I thought I'd ask the question
that would be the "

>>

"

Anyway, mods, how about a threaded view? and a way to look up/at a member's post in thread, not by themselves? search thread feature?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Could I make a suggestion within this thread? I once inadvertantly clicked FOE instead of freind which caused a little confusion between myself and the other member, is there a way to have an "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS MEMBER A FOE?" box pop up or screen change or something??

[edit on 8/26/2008 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
isnt there a little red x to take that person off da list again?
in your "friends" section it is...
sry have no foe yet so am not sure

CBx

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yes there is, but if you do not take notice of the error right away, you could end up offebding the person till you do.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
On a long thread, I often just click on the thread, and then change the URL page number to the one where I was last reading the thread. This is handy as I don't want to skip posts if I can avoid it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I always click the username for the last poster (to the far right when in forum list), to get to the last post of a thread. This will work in the list of threads in the forums, and also on the recent posts page.

new topics

top topics

join