It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computer with banks customer data sold on Ebay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Computer with banks\

www.abc.net.au

Three banks in Britain are investigating how a computer with the personal data of one million bank customers was sold on the internet auction site Ebay.

The computer belonged to a firm that archives information for financial organisations and it was sold for about $80.

The banks - American Express, NatWest and the Royal Bank of Scotland, say they are investigating.
(visit the link for the full news article)

(edited to fix title)

[edit on 26-8-2008 by almighty bob]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Is there anyone left in the UK now whose details haven't been misplaced, lost or leaked to the world in general? This is the third or fourth time something like this has happened now? What the heck is going on?

As I see it, this has gone far beyond the point of coincidence or freak accidents, the big ask is 'why?'.

www.abc.net.au

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The same people who've been losing all of our data are the ones who are pushing hard for national I.D cards and databases the government , I for one will not be getting an I.D card and will leave the country the day they try to make me have one, how can they be pushing to store more of our data if they can't keep the stuff they've got secure?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by almighty bob

Computer with banks\

www.abc.net.au

Three banks in Britain are investigating how a computer with the personal data of one million bank customers was sold on the internet auction site Ebay.

The computer belonged to a firm that archives information for financial organisations and it was sold for about $80.

The banks - American Express, NatWest and the Royal Bank of Scotland, say they are investigating.

(edited to fix title)

[edit on 26-8-2008 by almighty bob]

Interestingly enough, and a total coincidence I'm sure, the Royal Bank of Scotland was in the news for predicting that the American Economy was going to undergo a complete meltdown in Late September or Early October of this year (2008).

[edit on 26-8-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by almighty bob

this is the UK
where our information and personal details which should be kept protected by law are lost daily

but its becom custome for our information to be lost of senstive information on national security and other issues to be thrown around or kept in a fasion which can be abused.

wounder how much these people get paid to ensure the security of this stuff?

Company loses data on criminals
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Company loses data on criminals

M&S lose customer data

and

lose of data on new drivers, bennifits and so on

[edit on 26-8-2008 by bodrul]

join