It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Age hieroglyphs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I ran into this on vorchester.com. I had never seen this before. From the looks of a lot of the patches it looks like there may be some pretty sinistar missions going on. I wonder whats up with the dragon licking the earth. It says it's for satellites they designated Advanced Orion what ever that is.

Space Age hieroglyphs

On November 15, 1990, the space shuttle Atlantis roared into the dark Florida sky on STS-38, the seventh dedicated mission for the Department of Defense. Of the ten classified shuttle missions conducted at the height of the program, STS-38 has been the subject of much speculation due to its secret cargo of two very unusual payloads.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by logicize

Whoa! scary stuff!
Lots of use of the word 'reptilians' when describing the patches!

Good find logicize

To try and find what the heck is being placed in an orbit around this place we call home, and the effect these objects may have on our 'well being' without explanation, is - well -wrong!

If an unidentified object was found off the coast of Florida, you can bet that heaven and earth would be moved to find out what the heck it was!

My 2 shillings and sixpenth worth!

H

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Wow, that is creepy. I suppose one can wonder about the 'true' meaning of the thinking behind these graphics. But will we ever really 'know' the truth?

Good job.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

This patch gives me chill's..It don't look very pleasant.

Reminds me of all the reptilian threads iv read.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
thanks, my computor crashed ont hat link and now i have no sound

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
thanks, my computor crashed ont hat link and now i have no sound

The link i put up?
It work's fine for me.
I suggest(im not mocking you)a spyware/trojan/virus scan..maybe even registry scan.
Sorry OP for off topic.

Oh and update driver's

[edit on 26-8-2008 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks for this post OP.. Very interesting indeed. I don't know about reptiles and such, however these patches definitely appear to represent covert missions. I never really paid too much attention to these patches, but I sure will from now on.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Short Wiki on Mentor (Advanced Orion)

reportedly a code-name for a class of United States reconnaissance satellites that collect signals intelligence (SIGINT)from space

The mission and capabilities of these satellites are highly classified.

If what these do is highly classified, they must be doing a little bit more than taking pictures and intercepting transmissions. But what else could a satellite do unless it is some sort of laser weapon. The dragon licking the earth is kind of eerie.

By the way I misspelled Sinister in the original post. Oops.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicize

If what these do is highly classified, they must be doing a little bit more than taking pictures and intercepting transmissions.

If they're exceptionally good at collecting intel, then yes they have every reason to classify it. Do you want our enemies to know the full extent of our intelligence gathering capabilities so that they know how it might be possible to elude it? I don't. If these satellites were doing something "sinister and active" to the earth, for whatever illogical unsubstantiated reason, amateur satellite trackers who keep tabs on spy sats would be seeing it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

If they're exceptionally good at collecting intel

I think everyone knows that they are exceptionally good at it. But the article talks about the hidden meaning in the patches. The light and dark shuttles in the first patch is a good example. That means that the dragon represents something and that him licking the earth also represents something. What it represents is unknown. Of course all intellegence gathering operations are classified but these just look like they represent more than that.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Of course all intellegence gathering operations are classified but these just look like they represent more than that.

It's called symbology, it could mean literally anything, so it probably doesn't represent anything more than "regular" surveilance in the absence of other evidence. For instance, snakes with forked tongues smell their prey in stereo with their tongues, so it could represent the ability of the spacecraft to sniff out targets in stereovision. But of course, that's a "boring" interpretation so no one here would ever consider believing that... The point is that you can speculate it to death with both exotic and ordinary explanations, but the fact of the matter is that military intelligence patches look sinister in nature because they're *supposed* to be imposing by nature. I saw a refuling squadron patch the other day that would have been fitting for a fighter squadron if you just changed the KC designation to an F designation. STS-38 launched a satellite into a geosynchronous transfer orbit, obviously the stealthy nature of the mission is reflected in the patch, but beyond that there's nothing you can get out of it without knowing what the mission is about through other means. Best estimation is that it was a intel communications sat, but would you have guessed that just by looking at the patch?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If they want to see and hear, you would think they would use an eagle or a dog as the symbol. The dragon is a fierce creature capable of attack by fire. It would seem to indicate some sort of laser weapon to me. They have surely been working on space laser weapons but that information is classified just as these missions were.

Of couse its speculation, since we don't know. But since we don't know, we are forced to speculate.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

If they want to see and hear, you would think they would use an eagle or a dog as the symbol. The dragon is a fierce creature capable of attack by fire. It would seem to indicate some sort of laser weapon to me.

Actually it could mean almost anything. Perhaps you think this fighter squadron had laser weapons on their P-38Js:
www.miac47burmawwii.org...

Of couse its speculation, since we don't know. But since we don't know, we are forced to speculate.

Or you could just admit you don't know and leave it at that. Sometimes, just sometimes, there are reoccuring themes in patches that can give clues to very basic information, such as the number of stars correlating to number of satellites of a certain type. Leaping to conclusions about "laser weapons" based on an image of a dragon is not reasonable though. The dragon is just the symbol of choice for this particular class of satellite, what it means beyond that in unknowable, but "laser weapons" being fired from a geosynchronous orbit seems unlikely in the extreme.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
There's nothing wrong with speculation. When it comes to this topic, since it's secret, that's all there is. It would be pretty boring if all we had was a chorus of 'I don't know's.

Your point about fighters using a dragon seems to point more in the direction of space weapon. A fighter is an attack aircraft and in the example you provided, used a dragon on the patch. A fitting symbol since dragons attack, at least in mythology. So one could speculate that the dragon symbol for the satellites also indicates an attack capability.

There are a lot of topics and discussions here about things that no one really knows. Most of the discussions here are based on speculation and leaping to conclusions. Having said that, I never said that it is in fact a weapon. I just said that it would be a good explanation for the use of the dragon.

Someone knows the truth, but I'm pretty sure those that do know won't be posting that knowledge here or anywhere else in the near future.

By the way I pretty sure we have space based laser systems and I don't think that it is a bad idea. I'm pretty sure other countries, Russia and China have or are working on the same types of things.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Can someone post a picture of this patch? none of the links work and I'd really like to see it. I believe patches tell alot about the particular mission, I saw some patches submitted for the apollo missions which showed megalithic sites on the moon and a megalithic city too, seriously intriguing.

Although I agree with the 'symbology can mean anything' opinion, all we have is speculation, to claim speculation is pointless defies the point of looking for answers, or questions.

Dragon licking the Earth? don't sound good to me, whether you believe in reptilians or not, a giant reptile in space, licking the earth like a sumptuous morsel aint good IMO

EMM

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

From

Source

The links work for me. Hopefully these will work for you.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It would be pretty boring if all we had was a chorus of 'I don't know's.

At least it'd be more honest and accurate.

Your point about fighters using a dragon seems to point more in the direction of space weapon. A fighter is an attack aircraft and in the example you provided, used a dragon on the patch.

Talk about over-reaching, a P-38J fires bullets, not lasers. The point is you can't assume a sci-fi weapon exists in reality just because a patch has a dragon on it. Here's a patch with a dragon with bolts shooting from its nostrils and tongue hanging out. The squadron? An electronic warefare squadron whose planes provided jamming and air-air refueling.
www.globalsecurity.org...

So one could speculate that the dragon symbol for the satellites also indicates an attack capability.

An attack satellite wouldn't be placed in geosynchronous orbit, particularly one with a laser. It would be more effective for ground attack, if it were even possible, from low orbit. This satellite was placed into geosynchronous orbit because it's supposed to intercept communications just like its predecessors that shared dragons on their patches, starting with the rhyolite class satellite.
www.astronautix.com...
There's no reason to believe these satellites were anything more than communications interception.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Talk about over-reaching, a P-38J fires bullets, not lasers.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't build a satellite that fires bullets. The point was they would both be used for attack. And yes, electronic jamming is a form of attack and fittingly a dragon with lightning bolts.

And yes we do have attack lasers and have had them for quite some time.

Air Force Airborne Military Laser Weapons System Mounted On Boeing 747-400 Aircraft

It would make perfect sense to station weapons such as this in space. The geosynchronous placement would work depending on where they put them.

There's no reason to believe these satellites were anything more than communications interception.

And there is really no reason not to believe that it is possible that they are weapons. They certainly wouldn't tell us if they had placed lasers in space. At least until they use them.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

i see the reptilian connection.

i also see a red ufo in left bottom corner.

i see nwo.

the future's brown people.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

From

Source

The links work for me. Hopefully these will work for you.

still don't work

can anyone put them on an image hosting site?

thanks again, EMM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join