It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama through Muslim Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Barack Obama through Muslim Eyes

www.danielpipes.org

How do Muslims see Barack Hussein Obama? They have three choices: either as he presents himself – someone who has "never been a Muslim" and has "always been a Christian"; or as a fellow Muslim; or as an apostate from Islam.

Reports suggests that while Americans generally view the Democratic candidate having had no religion before converting at Reverend Jeremiah Wrights's hands at age 27, Muslims the world over rarely see him as Christian but usually as either Muslim or ex-Muslim.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I admit this topic is slightly more than a little controversial, but I see nothing wrong in debating a candidates faith when it comes to leading an entire nation. Barack Obama is a self-proclaimed Muslim who "converted" to Christianity once the heat was cranked up.

If you put your faith in Islam and believe it to be the true religion, calling yourself a Christian to satisfy a mass of people is not going to change what you truly believe in.

www.danielpipes.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

So what exactly cranked up the heat on him to become a christian 20 years ago?

Anything? Just making it up as you go along?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Simple Question -

As the Constitution does not disallow a person of any faith or denomination from becoming President of the United States, and also sets clear parameters to remove the President should he act in a manner detrimental to the people of the United States - other than for purposes of general paranoia, and fear mongering based on sterotypes, what is the relevance of this?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

So what exactly cranked up the heat on him to become a christian 20 years ago?

Anything? Just making it up as you go along?

And Senator Obama was lubricating bathroom stall door hinges at Wal-Mart 20 years ago for 30 cents on the hour. Of course he'd never heard of politics, even if he had.. I'm sure nobody paid attention to his beliefs.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Quarantine]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Can you find a source that Obama proclaimed he is or was a Muslim? And citing Daniel Pipes does not count, I'm sorry.

Obama was raised in a non-religious home the closest he's been to being a Muslim was when he describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met.

The media can't even get it right. Obama was never a Muslim and yet more then half the American population thinks he was at some point.

Also, 20 years ago he was at Columbia University in New York City, where he majored in political science with a specialization in international relations. Graduated with a B.A. from Columbia in 1983, then worked for a year at the Business International Corporation and then at the New York Public Interest Research Group

[edit on 26-8-2008 by zarlaan]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Barack Obama is a self-proclaimed Muslim

that is a bold-faced lie.

Barack Obama has said, many many many times, he's never been a Muslim.

Disinformation doesnt belong in the Breaking Alt news section

belongs Here

[edit on 8/26/2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
alot of americans really care far too much about religion. I actually think most american politicians pretend to be religios to get votes. Some of them seem far too smart to believe in imaginary beings.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine
I see nothing wrong in debating a candidates faith when it comes to leading an entire nation. Barack Obama is a self-proclaimed Muslim who "converted" to Christianity once the heat was cranked up.

I see nothing wrong with discussing a candidate's faith, either. But I would think there should be sources that back up the claims.

Do you have a source that shows Obama proclaiming himself a Muslim? Because what zarlaan says is what I have actually read from many credible sources.

This is breaking political news???

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
John McCain....hmmmm..

Oh my god! John Wayne Gacy was also named John!

John McCain must be a serial killer! I must tell everyone at once! What about the children?

Wait....McCain rhymes with Hussein!!! He's a terrorist!!!!!

Won't someone please think of the children????!!

Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Is Obama a Muslim? Better yet is he a Christian?
Sure he belongs to a Church that calls itself Christian
but how many churches in this world would allow a preacher
to scream out these words "not God Bless America but God Damn America". And this was chreered by the congregation.
So now I have decided that church is anything but Christian and I
suspect it may even be a front for some Muslim organization.
In my book, that makes Obama at least a Muslim supporter.
Did he not say "if things get heated up, I will have to side with the Muslims"? I have nothing against Muslims, but I think we can do better for
our White House and Country... God BLESS AMERICA

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I thought Muslims Kill apostate from Islam.
Or am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Simple Question -

As the Constitution does not disallow a person of any faith or denomination from becoming President of the United States, and also sets clear parameters to remove the President should he act in a manner detrimental to the people of the United States - other than for purposes of general paranoia, and fear mongering based on sterotypes, what is the relevance of this?

Simple answer -

You are correct about the constitution.

Now a simple question for you -

Why you are also sidestepping (purposely?) the real issue here - namely did Obama lie about his religious past in order to gain favor with voters? The answer to that question goes to Obama's character to lead, just as Bill Clinton's lies under oath showed he didn't have the character to be president.

This is a conspiracy website. We have a right to ask that question. You are a mod here and should know that, whatever your political beliefs are.

[edit on 9/8/2008 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

join