It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama rumors - GOP tactics 2000-2004-2008 - derailing debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
reply to post by seagull

Do you REALLY think this is just a GOP tactic and the democrats are as pure and white as the wind driven snow?

I'm so sick of everything the Republicans do labeled as attacks, smears and tactics; while Democrat's attacks are always painted as somehow legitimate.

The difference is the GOP always goes for a persons character 1st, which make the entire election cycle about a realm which is subjective.

Now I am under the impression that we should be focusing on issues, but I guess you will always put party before country. Maybe thats why the DEMS loose so consistently...

As it stands there is no room for any intelligent distinction because as usual this whole process is now about the lowest common denominator.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

The real difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that at least the Democrats try and kiss you before telling you to bend over... with the Republicans its closer to date rape than anything else.

A little affection goes a long way.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Do you REALLY think this is just a GOP tactic

Yes. The GOP dives orders of magnitude lower in their attacks and smears than the Democrats do. It's their calling card. They are DIRTY when it comes to swiftboating and 527s. The Democrats look like amateurs when it comes to "smear".

and the democrats are as pure and white as the wind driven snow?

No. No one said the Democrats are innocent. But there is NO WAY that they compare to the tactics of the Republicans. The GOP has a lot of practice; they have Carl Rove and the maggot swiftboaters that ruined Kerry and NO morals to stop them from doing whatever it takes to win. They play DIRTY.

The Dems use real quotes and gaffes to call McCain into question. The GOP makes up lies about Obama. There's a HUGE difference.

I'm so sick of everything the Republicans do labeled as attacks, smears and tactics; while Democrat's attacks are always painted as somehow legitimate.

I wouldn't use the word "always", but for the most part, the above is true. The GOP has PROVEN that they will lie, cheat, steal and back-stab to win. The Democrats do their best, but many times, there's no way they can be as "bad" as the GOP. That's just the way it is. You may be sick of it, but it's true.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know whats funnier, the fact you beleive all of that or that you think others do.

The only reason you don't see your sides attacks as negative, is because you agree with them. In reality, Democrats are just as underhanded and nasty when it comes to the election.

Some examples:

-Bush is a Nazi/Hitler
-McCain isn't a hero
-McCain having affairs
-Bush doesn't care about he planet
-Bush doesn't care about black people
-McCain is a racist
-McCain is a warmonger

ect...

All of these are completely lies and slanderous attacks, but you AGREE wit them so you don't see them that way. Its the same reason the democrat media constantly paints Republicans as the aggressors and democrats as the hapless victims.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

-Bush is a Nazi/Hitler
-McCain isn't a hero
-McCain having affairs
-McCain is a racist
-McCain is a warmonger

Have the Democrats - THE PARTY - made ads saying these thing?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yes and lets not pretend that you aren't attributing Republican surrogates to the party. I realize that some of the attacks against Republicans come from 527s, but its the same for the democrats.

This idea that the democrats are good guys who don't attack and Republicans are nefarious mustache twirlers is just bullocks.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Show me the Democrat's 527 ads.

Please.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dronetek

-Bush is a Nazi/Hitler
-McCain isn't a hero
-McCain having affairs
-McCain is a racist
-McCain is a warmonger

The difference is.....
Those are factual statements, not smears!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I truely have a hard time beliveing anyone that has read Obamas book,has listen to his speechs (all of them)can think he is good for this country.Look at the people and there agenda that back Obama.This has nothing to do with the man,he is just there puppet,its all about an agenda and its in your face.
Look at the setting for Obama's speech,will he walk out with a crown on his head.
I think what I see here is the same few people that support Obama on all the threads saying the same thing all the time.The key word here is"few".If a person gets caught up in this retoric you tend to think its a lot of people when fact its the same few people all the time.Makes posting about Obama seem so redundant.
I can only hope that Obama's past eliminates him and I don't have to vote for McCain to keep the Socialest's from gaining control.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

Exactly. You have one standard for people on your side of the isle and another for everyone else.

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

But I thought you were debating with me.
Can we continue the debate we were having?

I have supported Republicans and Independents and have never registered with a political party. Considering that I am highly biased toward Obama in this election, I am viewing the tactics used so far by both parties to win the election as objectively as I possibly can, which isn't 100% objectivity. I'm granting that. But, I can see a clear difference in the depths that each is willing to go. Like I said, SO FAR.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Obama will remain on the (relatively) high road and I'm also not sure he can win if he does. So, it's a moral dilemma for him. And I'm not at all sure he's going to win.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Some examples:

-Bush is a Nazi/Hitler
-McCain isn't a hero
-McCain having affairs
-McCain is a racist
-McCain is a warmonger

ect...

I never heard of three of these...

-McCain isn't a hero
-McCain having affairs
-McCain is a warmonger

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I never heard of three of these...

-McCain isn't a hero
-McCain having affairs
-McCain is a warmonger

Remember the push poll Rove put on about McCain?? I think it was 2000.....
It want something like:

"Hello?"

"Hi, I am calling with so-and-so polling company about the upcoming election....would you be more or less likely to vote for John McCain knowing he fathered an illegitimate black child?...."

"uuhhhhh?"

......and now, that it is convenient.....he is the right-wing savior.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I just hope that Barack win simply because he is a man of the people.

Unlike the super rich president Bush senior, his son the superrich current president Bush junior and the super rich McCain, Barack Obama worked his way up from nothing. His way to public office comes from the support of the grassroot american. Not shady corporations or family fortunue.

USA is not a true democrazy when only extremely rich people like Bush / McCain gets to be president. McCain doesn't know how many houses he own and think you're rich only if you earn 5 millions usd / yearly. So if you earn 4 millions per year you're struggling according to McCain I guess. It's just unbelievable....

I hope this is the year when Americans take back their power by voting for the peoples candidate, Barack Obama.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Shades1035]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Unlike the super rich president Bush senior, his son the superrich current president Bush junior and the super rich McCain

Oh, and Obama isn't super rich? Would you consider his 4 million$ /yr. income then as "Middle Class"?

Hmmmm.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shades1035

Barack Obama worked his way up from nothing. His way to public office comes from the support of the grassroot american. Not shady corporations or family fortunue.

Shady corporations and family fortune? Didn't Cindy McCain's father build his business after fighting in WWII? Didn't McCain himself serve above and beyond the call of duty in Vietnam? How can you seriously argue that McCain isn't a man of the people? Its just a ridiculous notion.

I hope the democrats run with that though. it will most certainly backfire on them.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Obama will remain on the (relatively) high road and I'm also not sure he can win if he does. So, it's a moral dilemma for him. And I'm not at all sure he's going to win.

Obama never has been on the high road. between his surrogates and his accomplices in the media, hes been attacking since it was clear he was the nominee. You just cant bring yourself to be objective enough to see that.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They already are Dronetek.

Barack and Michelle are lieing to everyone telling them that they grew up poor. It's rediculous, because if you 10 minutes worth of reasearch, you'll find that:

Obama grew up with his rich Grandparents in Hawaii since the age of 11. For the first 10 years, he lived with his Mom and rich Indosian Muslim Stepdad in Indonesia.

Obama has never known poverty.

Michelle, grew up rich.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Unlike the super rich president Bush senior, his son the superrich current president Bush junior and the super rich McCain

Oh, and Obama isn't super rich? Would you consider his 4 million$ /yr. income then as "Middle Class"?

Hmmmm.

He is not super rich like Bush / McCain but yeah he has said himself he now has a high income.

Difference is he started from scratch. He was raised by a single mother and worked his way up. He was teaching at Harvard not so long ago.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think you missed this post:

Barack and Michelle are lieing to everyone telling them that they grew up poor. It's rediculous, because if you 10 minutes worth of reasearch, you'll find that:

Obama grew up with his rich Grandparents in Hawaii since the age of 11. For the first 10 years, he lived with his Mom and rich Indosian Muslim Stepdad in Indonesia.

Obama has never known poverty.

Michelle, grew up rich.

He did not grow up poor!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Politics is dirty.

Every election you can read about the dead voting in Chicago and there are always last minute surprises.

We've had posts on ATS that state the Obama is a Muslim. There is a post on here that I saw today that states that Obama is the anti-Christ.

I'm pretty sure this is just the tip of the ice burg for anti obama posts.

I'm not up on anti McCain rumors but I bet that they are out there.

It's an ugly political season and it's going to get worse.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join