It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The dawn of intelligent machines"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Just found this:

The idea may scare some, but Intel predicts that by 2050 machines could surpass the peak of human intelligence.

Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

Thought you might find it interesting, I started a thread the other day on artificial intelligence but thought I would start a new thread for this if you missed the original.

Cheers,

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Well, i am not scared. I just feel very uneasy about the issue. Are we intelligence,that for now has to live in human body or are we Humans?
All the generations before us, their sufferings, their achievements, mistakes, crimes, glory - we , our kids and grandchildren are going to wipe it out. Humans will be modern dinosaurs. First cyber-humans, then non-humans. And it cannot be stopped in any way - as far as i see. I do not want to think that my family will stop to exist in the not so-far future. An intelligent robot as an offspring - do not want.
Of course one can say that it is only evolution in process, but we are not dodo birds. We know what will happen. Is simply saddens me that entire human history will end up as small groups of "lunatics" - those who would like to remain humans despite all the disadvantages - kept in few zoo-like reservations by our own creation.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

You've hit the name on the head and obviously think the same way I do regarding "a small group of lunatics who wish to remain human"

I agree entirely, I think its definately possible that in the not so distant future everyone will be a cybernetic organism of sorts.

Personally, I want to remain human and I want my family to remain human. The idea of machines with intelligence does slightly worry me.

new topics

join