It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosion???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Remembered this article appearing on Art Bell and did an hour worth of searching to find it tonight. It was posted a few years ago, but gives me the chills everytime I see it.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Has anyone else any information to share on this? Any ideas what could have caused this? Was it nuclear in any way? You would think if it was indeed an explosion that it would have made the papers, yet I remember nothing.

Can anyone else elaborate on this?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
A large fire can cause a mushroom shaped cloud - as heat carries the smoke upward, it disperses and gets wider at the top. The initial double flash of a nuclear detonation and fireball would have been unmistakable anywhere nearby, the cloud would have been rising quickly, and the radiation would be detectable across the country.

Probably a big brushfire, or perhaps a farmer burning out a fallow field even.

Scary pics though

My heart would have skipped a couple beats I'm sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
That looks highly disturbing. An underground nuclear test would be my best guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
yup, here for instance is some amazing footage from a recent explosion here in Toronto, ON at a propane facility, check out the shockwave and the fireball...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by kidney thief]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
explosion isn't nuclear no heat, no flames smoke is all white...

it was some kind of demolition, old mine shaft? something but not nuclear

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
its a fire on a calm humid day, as the hot air rises it creates its own little thunder head

its no nuclear exlposion

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Alienmojo, I do agree the cloud looks 'nuclear' in origin and an airburst in particular.

Why an airburst? Quite simply put, if you look closely, the larger whiteish mushroom cloud can be seen to have risen through a darker doughnut shaped cloud. This is one of the distinguishing features of an airburst.

However, let me tell you all Alienmojo that this is no Atomic Bomb type mushroom cloud.

Look closely at the photograph. The distance from the cloud to the nearest vehicle can be no more than about 700-800 metres, unless it is rising from other the ridge.

In the foreground there are stationary vehicles and 2 brick constructed buildings and a quadbike. In the middle distance there are trees growing around either a white oblong house or trailer.

Had this cloud been the result of a nuclear explosion, none would be left standing!

My guestimate at judging distance is just that, a SWAG!.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That looks like the explosion of the Ammonium persulfate plant that
went up in Utah. It caught fire and burned until it hit the storage facility then if I remember right about 100 tons of it exploded. Was one of the biggest explosions in recent years. There is video of it from a mountain top about a mile or so away and the camera is just about knocked over when it goes up.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
sonicbomb.com...
thats a good page for researching bombs and blast, however the one in the photo could be anything really.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ATS Search...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is your friend...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Not all mushroom clouds are caused by nuclear blasts. I'm sure if it was a nuclear blast, there would've been other post blast indicators, such as your digital cameras and other IC based electronic devices frying due to EMP, which obviously there weren't.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
yup, here for instance is some amazing footage from a recent explosion here in Toronto, ON at a propane facility, check out the shockwave and the fireball...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by kidney thief]

Yep here is a good one that shows how incredibly powerful a shock wave from a non nuclear explosion can be...check this out...talk about shock and awe.

And this one

[edit on 8/26/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 8/26/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Actually, the impact of EMP is overstated.

With explosions below 10km in altitude, the EMP effect is not significant - it's there, but to notice it you'd have to be close enough to the fireball that your skin melting off would probably distract you from any EMP effects

EMP effects only become a a major concern with high altitude detonations (over 40km I think), where the prompt gamma radiation triggers a cascade of electrons within the upper atmosphere.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm familiar with that area. That would most likely be explosives being used in mining. Those photo's look correct for that. I assure you their were no nuclear blasts. I have family spread around that area. A couple even work in the mines. Lot's of coal mining going on around there for generations.

If that camera was pointed the direction I think it is, it is aimed toward an area where there are mines. Whoever took the photos either does not live around there or was pulling a bit of ruse to get their photo's on C2C.

Blasting for road building could be a possibility. Dry country and any blast will create a huge dust / dirt cloud.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I reread the info with the photo's. That camera was pointed to the east they said. It's actually more north-east as I do know that area. That picture is of the coal mining area behind those hills you see. My Father worked there in the mines in the 1930's. Our family has had land all around there. The poster of the photo's can't have lived there long to not know.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I reread the info with the photo's. That camera was pointed to the east they said. It's actually more north-east as I do know that area. That picture is of the coal mining area behind those hills you see. My Father worked there in the mines in the 1930's. Our family has had land all around there. The poster of the photo's can't have lived there long to not know.

Thank you so much Blaine... I had almost hoped beyond hope that we would hear from someone who lived in or near the area! Thanks so much!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If you wanna get technical, the proper name for it is pyrocumulus. Caused by heat at the surface combined with atmopsheric mositure. The water in the air cling to the smoke particles causing condensation to occur and cloud to form

Its not uncommon for these clouds to from thunderstorms and produce lightning....ive seen it first hand

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
" Actually, the impact of EMP is overstated. With explosions below 10km in altitude, the EMP effect is not significant - it's there, but to notice it you'd have to be close enough to the fireball that your skin melting off would probably distract you from any EMP effects "

The Electromagnetic Magnetic Phenomena created by a nuclear explosion disrupts electronics and electrical devices for many miles.

This is due to to something called TREE. Transient Radiation Effects apon Electronics is due in part to the Electromagnetic Pulse which is itself a large part of EMP which is produced at the instant of detonation of any nuclear device.

Whilst the Radiation may be transient, the effects apon electronic and electrical devices may be permament.

Most modern military computers and radio systems are protected to some degree against TREE and most, if not all systems would be switched off if a nuclear strike is deemed to be imminent.

"EMP effects only become a a major concern with high altitude detonations (over 40km I think), where the prompt gamma radiation triggers a cascade of electrons within the upper atmosphere"

This is not necessarily true. Any nuclear device that is detonated whose fireball does not touch the ground at Ground Zero, is called an Airburst or a Low Altitude Explosion.

Should a nuclear device be detonated below cloud cover on say, an overcast day, the Heat, Shock or Blast waves and Electromagnetic Phenomena [EMP] will have their effects magnified tremendously.

As you have rightly pointed out Xmotex, an Exo-Atmospheric Burst or Very High Altitude Detonation will produce significantly more EMP but military insignificant fallout and no structural damage or casualties.

However, as was the case in Europe during the late 60/70s, when the Warsaw Pact detonated a nuclear device in space, there was severe radio and television blackouts for several days and, it should be remembered that when the sun emits solar flares, this is in effect, a broad band spectrum Electromagnetic Pulse.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by fritz]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The USA killed 7 satellites on the starfish prime test including telstar , and the EMP effect was seen , in strength over 930 miles away in Hawaii.

in fact during the 60`s space tests nearly 1/3 of all satellites were disabled by radiation from theswe nuk blasts.

top topics

join