It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info age Transition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Alright, here is the idea..

This is an extremely touchy subject and may very well not belong here. Mods do with it what you will.

150 years ago the US did away with the liberal arts in its public education system. Big deal? Hell yeah. Why? Because the removal of the liberal arts stopped people from being required to reading about the very things that brought their very livelyhood to the point it was... (Nobody reads plato's republic and nobody even UNDERSTANDS what a republic is!)
Now it isn't as drastic as that, but it still stands. The point is that in today's political spectrum, Iraq for instance has been a feudalist and despotist society for 2,000 years, give or take. The argument states that they cannot possibly understand what it takes to govern themselves.

Guys, lets bang these ideas out rationally. It is the most important thing we will ever do!

On to the topic at hand. We, the United States, are a representative republic society. That is a great thing, IF IT WORKS!

And the argument is that after 200 years, give or take, we are moving beyond it.
With the advent of the television, we are reclaiming, by proxi, what the government sought to destroy 150 years ago with the removal of our founding education, the information age. (they will try to hold on to this)
This leads me to the NWO; The supposed NWO is nothing more than what I would consider the government's last ditch effort to hold onto its authority, albeit weak. Everything we see is a powergrab and this is why our rights are being reduced. They are trying to stop the inevitable fact that we will realize their system is antiquated. We don't need money. We don't need oil. They are realizing this and it is going to become very bad, imo.

How does god work into this? Well, we have known all along that occasionally god intervenes and punishes immorality. How does he do it? Deluge, fire, etc.
This is evidenced to have happened.
I am not pushing for a biblical god, but I am emploring people to read ALL of the accounts because it is the aliens that ties it together.
I was content in listening to biblical stories while in church as a child. I left the church, but in studying I CANNOT deny the fact that people are being told things that the bible echoes by beings who, by account would be angels but don't look like us (bible never said angels look like us, only that we were made in his image). This is prevalent. Either A, the bible was written by some very forward being who actually did know everything, B; it was written by people with some very capable computer technology (WE HAVE WEB BOT AND IT WORKS!) or C; it was written by forward enough thinkers the likes we have never seen before who happen to be so damned smart they could foresee the circumstances on this planet 2,000 years ago and are mistaken godly.

For me, the coincidences are too damned much, there is something going on.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
And oh yeah, by "moving beyond it" I mean that we have outgrown it and it is time to move on!

I, for one, refuse to believe that I am someone's servant. The servent to a being that would control me on every front. In fact I believe that I am above it. In fact, limitless. Hell, I can pick up a guitar and create!!!!

Lets see where this goes, TOGETHER!

If we dont' we will fail. The government is like a caged animal. It will fight unto the death to protect the existence it owns.

I'm not calling for anything drastic, just a realization.

The most horrible thing to a ruler MUST be that nobody gives a flying damn about you.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I feel that this thread fell flat on its face from the get-go, but I would love to explore anyone's thoughts. I worked on the premise since last night and I am simply not satisfied. There is so much more I could relate, given time. I won't be back on until this weekend, at which point the thread will be dead, but thanks anyhow.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I saw your thread in one of the side links and decided to post a bit.

Going with the "people realizing we don't need money/oil/government" ties in with 2012. For the Mayans, it was not the end of the world. It is the end of the 5th sun and the beginning of a new era, and at this point humanity is supposed to sort of reach an enlightened state, like we are going to finally all wake up and "get it" or at least wake up and begin the journey of getting it.

new topics

top topics

join