It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Socom ps3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This game is going to own all other games.

my clan is called the Mr.Men and my tag is Jelly3
add me

For all of you who are NOT thinking about picking this game up..you are a fool.lol

pick it up. u will be glad you did

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Best review EVER!
Oh my god you should work in marketing.After that wealth of information i will be sure to skip work and buy it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am looking forward to the game. I am glad they are only making it multiplayer. However, I heard there are only going to be 6 maps, which is a little concerning. Not sure if they will have more for download later. Which is you are familar with the Socom series, don't expect downloadable maps.

It looks like they are taking their time with the game with is good. Remember Slant Six is now making the game not Zipper anymore.

Does anyone have the Beta information? I would love to get my hands on it. I think it suppose to come out this weekend.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador

you are a fool

[edit on 26-8-2008 by MrJelly]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

7 maps and some of the old ones are coming back

Socom II was the best in the series. after that it went downhill

they are making sure it plays like socom II and has the same feel. WHich is great.

as for beta, you can get it if you put a preorder on the game at EB.
but I choose to wait for the final version

Jelly3
add me

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

7 maps and some of the old ones are coming back

Socom II was the best in the series. after that it went downhill

they are making sure it plays like socom II and has the same feel. WHich is great.

as for beta, you can get it if you put a preorder on the game at EB.
but I choose to wait for the final version

Jelly3
add me

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow best come back EVER!
I will forever wish i was as witty as yourself

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
After finally getting a copy of the beta and playing it for a little while here are my thoughts.

Even for the the Socom vet this game will take a little while to get use to. People that never played Socom before and have been playing COD4 will probably not like this game. COD4 rewards aggressive run and gun style, while Socom is a more defensive, bait and wait type of game.

The graphics are great, not spectacular, but better than what Socom has put out in the past. I really even couldn't recognize crossroads. The environments are more interactive, barrels explode cars explode.

I think they need to tweak all the guns. In past games the guns were all completely different from one and the other. Not so much in this game, they all seem to be relatively the same. That is why me and most people stick with silence weapons. The non silence guns are loud, and echo through out the map. Giving away your position.

top topics

join