It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows sleep North South. Should You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I sleep with my head to the south and I suffer badly from insomnia ..... go figure.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

ive seen cows, having spent time in a rural area, and they seem to sleep more or less like cats, just a jumbled mess all together. and they when they eat, they all just kind of wander around /shrug

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
As a child in the late 1950's I read about sleeping N/S being healthier and the article mentioned it had been tested, but without giving sources. This was in a mainstream magazine and they were amazed by the test results and had no agenda.

I always orient my bed N/S with my head to the N. If this is true it is likely about planet magnetism.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Whatever your thoughts on the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, there is certainly a link here:

The Keys of Life and Death

Of life:

List ye, O man, whilst I give the secret so that ye, too, shalt taste not of change. One hour each day shalt thou lie with thine head pointed to the place of the positive pole (north). One hour each day shalt thy head be pointed to the place of the negative pole (south)...

Of death:

List to the wisdom that gives thee of Death. When at the end of thy work appointed, thou may desire to pass from this life, pass to the plane where the Suns of the Morning live and have being as Children of Light. Pass without pain and pass without sorrow into the plane where is eternal Light. First lie at rest with thine head to the eastward....

For some background information on Thoth and the Tablets see the preface

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
cows that are out-to-pasture are allowed to behave as they wish or in a herd-think mode...
It's when the cows return to the barn...and the orientation of the barn stall which is important for a scientific study.

growing up in PA, there were many Dairy barns, mostly oriented to the landscape & terrain rather than a magnetic pole orientation.

but it would be interesting if a Study were funded to report on the milk production of cows in N-S cow-stalls, vs. the cows in E-W cow-stalls.

now, all football stadiums are built on the N-S axis...how does that jive with the folklore that the E-W axis produces beter results for effort & work?

Are soccer stadiums built on a E-W axis? it would seem so because the soccer player is a long endurance player whereas the american footballer has the short duration spurts in their N-S axis...hmmm

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Coming from someone who grew up on a 150,000 acre ranch I can tell you for fact cows sleep with their butt's to the wind... in my part of the world the prevailing winds are out of the west northwest... during a storm they will all huddle together butt's to the wind to protect their body core and give each other heat...

out on range lands (wind seeded) there is no grazing patterns but on cultured pastures (Tractor sown fields) those tend to be laid out in neat rows so it's natural for cattle to graze in that direction...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
I've always slept east to west, in order to align myself with the rotation of the earth. But who knows.....

I think i sleep east to west too, and i have rubbish sleep.

May try the north to south thing if i ever move away from here, lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I live right next to a cow pasture. I sometimes sit and watch the cows, and I often wonder what the heck they are thinking.

I wouldn't put too much stock into this article. Cows are pretty darn stupid.

On hot days, if there is a pond around, they like to wade in them. Not only will they drink the water while they are standing in it, but they will often urinate and deficate at the same time they are drinking.

There is usually an alpha female leading the herd. Wherever that female goes, the other ones will usually follow, no matter what direction she goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join