It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Could it be posssible that Atlantis never really sank and that Plato just wanted attention to the matter.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Or did the Bermuda Islands get mistaken for Atlantis at the time and then a large hurricane hit? Any ideas, anyone.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think all people with webbed digits be referred to as Atlantians, since it was supposed to be the water world, and get all the benefits other minority groups get.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Atlantis

Beloved Gnostic Brethren, on this Christmas Night of 1967, we are going to start our
Christic message by remembering the very ancient, submerged continent of Atlantis.
The Priests of Sais in the ancient Egypt of the Pharaohs told Solon that Atlantis had been destroyed 9,000 years before having had that conversation with him.
On a Mayan manuscript preserved in the British Museum, the following can literally be read:

In the year 6 KAN in the 11th Mulac, in the Month Zac, there occurred terrible earthquakes, which continued without interruption until the 13th Chuen. The Country of �The Hills of Mud,� the Atlantean land, was sacrificed; being twice upheaved it suddenly disappeared during the night, the basin being continually shaken by volcanic forces.
Being confined, these caused the land to sink and rise several times and in various places. At last the surface gave away and ten countries were torn asunder and scattered; unable to stand the force of the convulsions, they sank with their 64 million inhabitants 8,000 years before this book was written.

The famous Doctor Heinrich Schliemann who had the high honor of discovering the ruins of ancient Troy, found within the Treasure of Priam a strange jar with a peculiar shape upon it. Upon it appears a written phrase with Phoenician characters, which textually says: �From King Cronos of Atlantis.�
It is interesting to note that jars very similar to those found in Priam�s treasure were also found amongst the unburied objects in Tlahuanaca, Central America.

Certain coins were found within these mysterious jars when they were intentionally broken �for scientific purposes.� Upon these coins the following phrase could easily be read: �Emitted in the Temple of the Transparent Walls.�
Esoterically speaking, we must state that any Temple of Mysteries, any Gnostic Lumisial, is in fact a Temple of Transparent walls with the starry infinite as its ceiling. However, the cited Temple mentioned upon the mysterious coins was the National Atlantean Treasure�s Office.

In the archives of the Ancient Buddhist Temple of Lhasa, a very ancient Chaldean inscription can still be read, one that was written 2,000 years before Christ. It states:

�When the Baal star dropped to the right where there is nothing more than sky and sea, the seven cities trembled and worried with their gold towers and transparent temples, as the leaves of trees do during a storm. A torrent of fire fell over the palace. Cries from dying persons and moans in the crowd filled the air. The people went to find a hiding place in the temples and in the castles. So the wise Mu, great priest of Ra-Mu, stood up and said: �Didn�t I predict all this to come?�
�Men and women, dressed with their precious clothes, covered with precious stones, begged: �Mu, save us!�

�Mu answered, �You will die, with your slaves and your treasures. From your ashes new people will come. If these people forget that they should not amass material things not only for their own progress, but also for the generosity towards mankind, the same fate
will surprise them.� Tradition states that the flames and the fog choked the words of Mu.

In a few months, the country and its inhabitants were smashed and swallowed in the abysms of the ocean.�

Our boastful modern civilization has not yet surpassed the Atlantean civilization.
The Atlanteans also knew about Atomic Energy and utilized it in times of peace as well as in times of war.

Atlantean science had a tremendous advantage because it was hundred gleaming sea nymphs around him.

While its inhabitants remained loyal to the religion of their forefathers, fulfilling the precepts of the God Neptune, and not violating Law and Order, the Atlantean cities flourished. Yet, when they profaned sacred things, when they abused sex, when they
stained themselves with the seven capital sins, then they were punished and submerged with all of their wealth into the bottom of the ocean.

The Priests of Sais said onto Solon: �All bodies moving in the heavens around the earth suffer perturbations that cause great conflagrations of things upon the earth; this recurs after long intervals. Of the many destructions of mankind arising out of many causes, the
greatest have been brought about by the agencies of fire.�

The Atlantean continent extended and oriented itself towards the austral regions and the most elevated areas towards the septentrional ones. Its mountains exceeded in grandiosity, elevation and quantity to all those that presently exist.

The Universal Flood�s history can be found within the traditions of all human races, and all are just simply recollections of the Great Atlantean Catastrophe.

All of the religious teachings from primeval America (such as the sacred cults of the Incas, Mayans and Aztecs, as well as the Gods and Goddesses of the ancient Greeks, Phoenicians, Scandinavians, Hindustanis, etc.) have Atlantean origins.

It is urgent to know, it is necessary to comprehend, that the Gods and Goddesses cited by Homer in his Iliad and Odyssey were Heroes, Kings and Queens of Atlantis.

All of the ancient populaces venerated and worshiped those Holy Gods who lived in Atlantis and who now inhabit the Empyrean.
America was geographically united with the Old World (Europe and Africa) through Atlantis. The ancient Indo-American civilizations have an Atlantean origin.
The Egyptian, Incan, Mayan, etc., religions were the primeval religions of the Atlanteans.
The Phoenician alphabet, father of all the famous European alphabets, has its origin in an ancient Atlantean alphabet. The latter was correctly transmitted from the Atlanteans to the Mayans. All the Egyptian and Mayan symbols and hieroglyphs come from the same
Atlantean source. This is the only way that the similitude of these alphabets can be explained; indeed, the similarity is too enormous to even consider that it is an outcome of chance.

Ancient traditions affirm that the Atlanteans had a metal more precious than gold, this was the famous �Orichalcum.�
The catastrophe that finished with Atlantis was frightful. Undoubtedly, the outcome of the violation of the Law is always catastrophic.

-Samael Aun Weor

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Edit. Double Post.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

...So, before the existence of this race that lives on these five continents, there existed the Atlantean race. Descendants of Atlantis are the Mayans. The Mayans emigrated, to Tibet, Egypt and Central America. It looks incredible, but even now, the Mayan language is still spoken in Tibet, and it is a sacred-ritual language in that country. Let us remember that the Naga and Mayan languages are very similar.

Jesus of Nazareth learned Mayan in Tibet. That sentence of Jesus:
"Eloi, Eloi, Lama,Sabachthani" ("Lord, Lord," some say "how you have glorified me"; and others say: "Lord, Lord, why have you forsaken me?"), well, that is not a Hebrew phrase. That is why, when the Jewish listened to Christ saying "Eloi, Eloi, Lama, Sabachthani", they said to themselves: "This man calls for Elias, to come to save him..." But any small Indian of Yucatan and Guatemala, can translate the sentence "Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani," because it is Mayan and not Hebrew. That is why the Jewish did not understand it, and it means according to the Mayans and their translation, "I hide myself in the pre-dawn of your existence" (it is a mayan ritual sentence).

The Turaneans were also survivors of Atlantis, unfortunately they were devoted to black magic. They also reached Tibet, as other descendants did, like the selected "Aryans"(Tamahu's quotations), and emigrated in the direction of ancient Persia. The Great Law finally defeated them and were destroyed...

-Samael Aun Weor

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow... was looking up Orichalcum in Metacrawler and came up with two interesting things:

First:

An alloy of copper and zinc called orichalcum was used a great deal by the Romans. This consisted of eighty percent copper and twenty percent zinc, with small amounts of lead, tin, and other metals and would be called yellow brass today.

Roman Engineers: Bronze, Brass and Orichalcum

---
Second, and this is pretty awesome:

: Plato (Greek philosopher 380BC) writing in his works Timaeus and Critias described a large continent with a wonderful civilisation which he said existed at one time at "a distant point in the Atlantic Ocean" opposite the Strait of Gibraltar. He called the continent Atlantis and said it sank into the sea in the space ofa single day and night. Thus arose the legend of the lost continent of Atlantis.

The Problem: Modern geology says a continent cannot sink beneath the sea in the space of a single day and no such continent has sunk into the Atlantic Ocean.

The Solution: The continent of Atlantis is still there opposite the Pillars of Hercules (Strait of Gibraltar) only now it has been re-named South America.The part which sank was a small volcanic island which sank into a large inland sea in the centre of the continent.

Historic Atlantis in Bolivia

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I frankly believe in the Atlantis legend, though parts are likely too incredible to be real. The sunken findings within the Caribbean I would say give clear evidence that the legend is true. Was Atlantis founded by Cronus? Is this the same Cronus(Kronus), the youngest Titan to rule the earth before Zeus, Posedon, and Hades overthrew him? It is said that Posedon raised Atlantis out of the ocean and ruled there with his mortal wife Kleita. The ten son demi-god offspring, of the sea-god, would rule their respective regions.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm sorry folks, but the subject of Atlantis has been discussed about as many times as the theories of 666.

Using this:
ATS Advanced Boolean Search Wizard

...will reveal these 'gems and jewels':
Atlantis found?
Egyptian Connection
id like some info about atlantis
Floating City
Where did the Egyptians come from?

Among others mentioning or dealing with Atlantis.

Reconsideration has allowed this thread new life.

seekerof

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
First of all, thank you very much, Seekerof, for reopening the thread. I realize there are many posts and threads on Atlantis, but almost every one is riddled with short meaningless posts, and I didn't really find much info like what I posted above.

As such, I wish for everyone who reads this thread to keep it clean... only post relevant info. I'd love to always have a nice thread to point others to in the future! If you post a link, take a minute and find a paragraph or two that sums up the link, and quote it. Thoughts, as always are good

-----

Now, I will expand on this later tonight (on lunch break right now), but I was doing another quick skim of the link about Atlantis/Bolivia. If this area is really Atlantis, it could explain alot about the spread of Atlantean influence throughout S. America, but I found one thing problematic... What about the Egyptians? If this area flooded, the Atlanteans could've just moved out to the hills surrounding the new sea... not a problem. They would have no reason to travel across the entire Atlantic ocean to live in Egypt.

So, if this guy's info is true, that would mean that Atlanteans actually travelled far and wide (much like Morman missionaries). One could assume this to be possible, considering the amount of technology this nation possessed. The Mayans viewed white man as somewhat of a God, I believe the less technologically advanced Egyptians could have viewed the Atlanteans as such, for they travelled great distances with messages. Possible Atlanteans sparked modern Egyptian civilization? Gotta go... will be back later with more ideas, and some more info (I'm gonna do some serious digging for this thread... hopefully Tamahu will do the same!
)

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Unfortunately I won't be doing so at this time.

I just wanted to post another perspective is all.

The one that interests me the most is this:

Originally posted by Tamahu

...So, before the existence of this race that lives on these five continents, there existed the Atlantean race. Descendants of Atlantis are the Mayans. The Mayans emigrated, to Tibet, Egypt and Central America. It looks incredible, but even now, the Mayan language is still spoken in Tibet, and it is a sacred-ritual language in that country. Let us remember that the Naga and Mayan languages are very similar.

"Eloi, Eloi, Lama,Sabachthani" ("Lord, Lord," some say "how you have glorified me"; and others say: "Lord, Lord, why have you forsaken me?"), well, that is not a Hebrew phrase. That is why, when the Jewish listened to Christ saying "Eloi, Eloi, Lama, Sabachthani", they said to themselves: "This man calls for Elias, to come to save him..." But any small Indian of Yucatan and Guatemala, can translate the sentence "Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani," because it is Mayan and not Hebrew. That is why the Jewish did not understand it, and it means according to the Mayans and their translation, "I hide myself in the pre-dawn of your existence" (it is a mayan ritual sentence).

The Turaneans were also survivors of Atlantis, unfortunately they were devoted to black magic. They also reached Tibet, as other descendants did, like the selected "Aryans"(Tamahu's quotations), and emigrated in the direction of ancient Persia. The Great Law finally defeated them and were destroyed...

-Samael Aun Weor

The Nagas are dark skinned people who closely resemble many Africans. Read the writings of C. Staniland Wake for more on this. I would like to myself and compare it with the above quoted info.

Obviously the term "Aryan", predates those who would use it to refer to light skinned Caucasians.

I'm also pretty sure that the Theosophists don't use the term "Aryan Root Race" as such either.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

...So, before the existence of this race that lives on these five continents, there existed the Atlantean race.

So they're trying to say that the Atlanteans are really Homo erectus? anthro.palomar.edu...

(for those who aren't aware, the last three links in the human lineage are homo erectus --> homo heidelbergensis --> homo sapiens. www.mnh.si.edu... )

Descendants of Atlantis are the Mayans. The Mayans emigrated, to Tibet, Egypt and Central America.

(see above) Certain physiologically inherited traits (such as the shoveling of teeth and the shape of the eyesockets) don't match that theory. The Egyptians are a Caucasian race and are very different (forensically) from the Chinese and Black and Native Americans.

You can indeed argue that races developed from the base Homo erectus form.

It looks incredible, but even now, the Mayan language is still spoken in Tibet, and it is a sacred-ritual language in that country. Let us remember that the Naga and Mayan languages are very similar.

I suppose that if you speak NO other languages, then yes they would be "similar."

"Eloi, Eloi, Lama,Sabachthani" ("Lord, Lord," some say "how you have glorified me"; and others say: "Lord, Lord, why have you forsaken me?"), well, that is not a Hebrew phrase. That is why, when the Jewish listened to Christ saying "Eloi, Eloi, Lama, Sabachthani", they said to themselves: "This man calls for Elias, to come to save him..." But any small Indian of Yucatan and Guatemala, can translate the sentence "Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani," because it is Mayan and not Hebrew.

Okay... here's the largest Mayan dictionary online: maya.hum.sdu.dk...

And here's the challenge, folks: find those words in the Mayan dictionary. (here's a shorter one: www.mostlymaya.com... )

The writer is correct that it's not Hebrew... but nobody has ever claimed it was Hebrew. It's Aramaic. www.christianitytoday.com...

That is why the Jewish did not understand it, and it means according to the Mayans and their translation, "I hide myself in the pre-dawn of your existence" (it is a mayan ritual sentence).

The correct version of the Mayan "I hide myself in the pre-dawn of your existence" should be a string of words containing THESE words:
"teen awaj (or possibly 'buk-ij') ch-w�ch aq��b kh'oli'k"

www.famsi.org/mayawriting/dictionary/ christenson/quidic_complete.pdf

The originator of that info bit could have saved him or herself quite a bit of embarrassment by actually looking at a REAL Mayan language dictionary.

There's a whole chain of evidence that will prove this person is simply making these facts up. I'm not going to cite them all, but they include ethnographic studies of the people and the culture throughout many cneturies, racial features, history books, cultural artifacts, and linguistic forms and histories.

There's a lot of websites where someone gets "inspired" and "channels information." The "channeled information" isn't consistant with anything in reality, but (sadly) people often take it for truth because it's "channeled."

Heck, I could "channel" information that purple unicorns are living and prancing around in the solar flames of the sun... but it wouldn't make it real or right.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Byrd

I don't necessarily endorse the posted info; I just found it to be interesting and did it with the intention of sparking this type of discussion.

The author is a Columbian man who was the founder of the modern Gnostic movement. He was a Rosicrucian, Tantric Buddhist and Theosophist among other things.

He might be saying that the Atlantens were Homo Sapiens who may have lived independantly of Homo Erectus; I'm not sure.
I don't know a whole lot about the supposed chain of evolution from ape to man(or the possible genetic leap engineered by the Anunnaki/Elohim).

What do you mean when you say that the Kemetians were "Caucasian"? I use the term to refer to those of European heritage or those who would have had beginnings(evolution or otherwise) in the Caucasus Mtns. (Caucus-Asians).

The Kemetians were a mixture of different peoples during different times. The ancient Greek and Roman historians(can provide quotes if necessary) didn't make much of a distinction between them and Nubian Ku#es; and even claim that Kemet's origins lie in the said peoples(this is at least partly true).

Therefore, the Kemetians would have closely resembled many Nilotic Africans and may have even mixed with Merotic ones(but not a whole lot).

An Ethiopian who closely resembles many Egyptians and Southern Arabians:

Two Egyptian men I believe:

Notice how the last three pics are of "Africans" who have a similiar bone structure to that of many Europeans.

The only people I can see contributing any genes to ancient Kemet other than indigenous 'African' ones; would be the johnny come lately Greeks/Romans, Hyksos, other Semites; and the lighter skinned Berbers/Libyans of whom the origins of are much speculated on.

These following peoples are of Upper Egypt known as Sa3eadi, Fellahin or Baladi, and despite them living in the South; they actually didn't mix with Nubians any or much more than the people of Lower Kemet did, after the first unification of Kemet or otherwise:

www.kirikou.com...

Back to the use of the term "Caucasian".
Are you using it in the same way that many people use it to refer to indigenous Australians?:

What you bring forth about the Mayan language is very noteworthy and I will look into the links you've provided and compare it with the info availible by the likes of C. Staniland Wake, about the ancient Naga people of India and Tibet.

ONE

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No, I'm using the term "Caucasian" and so forth speaking as a graduate student in Anthropology, which includes markers such as eye orbit shapes, zygomatic arch shape, and so forth.

Like this:
www.wku.edu...

I amused my kids this past year by walking down the aisles at the Halloween store and identifying the race and sex of the skeletons that the artists had used for reference material (it's not impossible... ya just gotta know the bones and understand the terms. And it's as amusing as all get-out to do that.)

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Okay; so what categories do the men that I posted pics of fit in?

The Ethiopian man(first pic) would lean toward being more "Caucasian" correct?

And the second pic of the Egyptian youth would be a "Caucasian"/"Negro" mix?

And the third man would be a "Caucasian"/"Negro" mix or maybe more "Caucasian"?

What about the 'Aborigine'??? He doesn't seem to really fit any of the three categories described on your link.

What about these folks?:

www.kirikou.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If Atlantis sank to ground how come with today's technology of underwater subs and sonars, we haven't yet found a "lost city" under water?

You can't tell me that it sank ALL the way down so that our sonars can't detect it because not even the creatures in the Abyss can survive the extreme preasures of the at the end of the Earth's crust.

It is too hot down there, and that is where magnatism and rock meet. Always platanic movements down there, too dangerous, does not allow for any sutible HUBs.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, the actual determination of race would depend on some things niether of us has access to -- accurate measurement of their skeletal features, blood type, and so forth. You really can't go on skin color -- there are some very darkskinned people in Pakistan and India who are Caucasians, and American Indians are considered to be Oriental.

Race is as much culture as anything (given our modern blending of peoples.) Heck, I'm Apparently Caucasian... but there's a lot of AmerInd in my background and I have some of the AmerInd features.

The racial mixture in the ancient Egyptian lands depended on where you were and WHEN you were.

The earliest cities along the Nile were primarily Caucasians (Middle Eastern types):
en.wikipedia.org...

There were several waves of invasion bringing in new blood from the East/Middle East, and a long chain of Nubian pharoahs. "Race" meant very little to the Egyptians and color of skin was trivial. You can see this in the area today, where there is a whole range of skin colors and none of them defines a caste.

One of the best sites on Ancient Egypt is here:
www.ancient-egypt.org...

And an excellent news and debunking site is here:
www.thehallofmaat.com...

The Hall of Maat also is a yahoo group (as is Amun) where you get real Egyptologists and interested/talented amateurs who do translations and keep up with the news. I've learned a lot of things from that -- including (and I thought this was interesting) the inauthenticity of some of the Ancient Egyptian stuff shown on the Discovery Channel and History channel.

I don't mean to sound dismissive -- there's a lot of work that needs to be done in the area, and a lot of archiving and scholarship. But it needs to be based on fact and good translation and not on "channeled" information.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You really can't go on skin color --

And that's basically what I was showing. I presented people who have various bone structures.

The racial mixture in the ancient Egyptian lands depended on where you were and WHEN you were.

That's what I said in my post with the pics. I think you may have read it before I edited more info into it.

The earliest cities along the Nile were primarily Caucasians (Middle Eastern types):
en.wikipedia.org...

The first three pics I posted were "Middle Eastern types" as well. But because of their pigmentation, many people would like to classify them as strictly "Sub-Saharan Africans".
Referring to the questions in my last post; could they be considered to be "Caucasian" by your anthropologic standards of bone structure?

"Race" meant very little to the Egyptians and color of skin was trivial. You can see this in the area today, where there is a whole range of skin colors and none of them defines a caste.

That may be, but at the same time; the Kemetians referred to a group or groups of pale-skinned invaders as "Afsetu Tamahu". 'Afsetu' meaning something like 'devil'. And 'Tamahu' could have been a reference to Libyans, maybe some Syrians, Hyksos and possibly Persians and Greeks; but I'm not sure if it's one, some, or all of the above.

...there's a lot of work that needs to be done in the area, and a lot of archiving and scholarship.

True indeed. And thanks for the links. I've been to the "Hall of Maat" before and it looks like a decent place to do the knowledge.

But it needs to be based on fact and good translation and not on "channeled" information.

Samael Aun Weor doesn't use the term "channeled"(as the modern Gnostic movement is not a mere "New Age" fad) but some of his sources of info are more or less in the same vein as "channeled information".

ONE

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I was watching the history channel and they were discussing where native Americans came from and they say there bone structure was the most similar to the ainu japanese. There was also lack of evidence to support the land bridge theory because they couldnt find any clovis spearheads in beringia. So I conclude that atlanteans were really in the pacific and when their continent(or island) sank they spread to japan other parts of asia and the americas. Cross racial breeding probaly wiped out most of the original bone structure in asia mainland but not the ainu japanese or native americans.

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by Vegemite]

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's actually "Ainu" of Japan. They are said by some, to basically be a lighter skinned version of the Australian "Aborigines".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join