It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you sense your TV being ON?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have always been able to do this. Its really helpful, because I when I want to go on the xbox, I can sense if my brother has come off it, and that I can go on.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Great. Now I feel inferior because I can't hear these "supposed" electronic frequencies. Thanks a lot.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I dont know if it's sensing anything or just hearing the slight sound that the device makes but I've walked into plenty of rooms where the TV had a black screen because somebody had it in an AUX mode but receiving no signal and I went and shut it off when nobody else realized it was on.

TV's, radios, DVD players, game consoles, etc...

Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and unplug the DVD player because I can "hear" it running even though just the clock it on and the power is technically off.

I think it's the circuitry making a high pitch noise. Sort of like a dog whistle.

I'm also like the only person I know who diesnt blast the radio or TV or wear headphones so I'm inclined to believe my hearing isnt better it's just that everyone elses is worse.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
For an interesting experience try shutting down all electrical devices and enjoying the silence. Shut off the power at the mains, if you can. The 'sound of silence' is overwhelming - you will be amazed at how accustom you've become to the constant high pitched screetch.

It really helps meditation - there's a pace, a slowness, which is much easier to attain without the pressure of the constant electronic dentist-drill.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I used to live in a fairly large city and last Summer while still living in the city I used my parents house in Maine for a weekend.

Overwhelming is a good word for the absence of everyday noise. It's almost scary at first. I've never slept as good as I did there in absolute silence.

Being in a tiny town hours away from anything remotely resembling a city really explodes the night sky too. You can spend all night walking in the woods with just the starlight and see perfectly fine.

I really hope this economy crumbles to dust and the infrastructure collapses.

We never should have gone beyond an agricultural state. The industrial revolution has ruined the human experience.

Stop taxing me and let me farm in peace. That's too much to ask apparently.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I too can sense TV's in this way.

It always felt like a trick when I was young - since so few of my peers or family seemed to have this "sense".

It is interesting to me that I still can detect it even though I did some hearing damage to myself during my college years.

I have always noticed a significant difference between CD's and mp3's also though - which may or may not be related.

For the time being I have chose not to make my office - or home - wireless due to the fact I seem to be more sensitive to electromagnetic waves.

I suppose it is both a gift and a curse...

I do enjoy the heightened sense of awareness feeling that it gives me compared to others.

I also am not significantly affected by propaganda or commercial advertising/marketing - although I feel confident this is likely unrelated.

(I can fall for mis-information however, which is why the 9/11 event certainly led to me overcoming some preconceptions I had from my school days)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yep.. I can always tell when someone has a tv on or my own is on.
I love silence and nine times out of ten... i turn my multi-plug off at the mains.
I watch very little TV as it is so I'm generally OK.

I would have to be really tired to just press standby, the noise is very annoying.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Hi guys,

I have also always been able to 'hear' tvs and computer monitors (new and old) when they were switched on. It's funny but I emailed some Physical Research Institute and they didn't have a clue about what it could be!

Just a question, do any of you have hearing problems? I am not deaf, or even close to it, but I can't hear that well when someone is standing away from me and speaking normally or slightly quieter.

I think we're just 'lucky' to have an extra sense, in one respect. Perhaps we should be employed by TV licensing to find out who has a tv on lol

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Like others I also hear electrical equipment when others around don't seem to be able to. In fact at times I find it quite annoying.

One time our previous house suffered some water damage to carpets due to a roof-leak...we have a dryer on in that room for a few days...while everyone else coud hear the standard (I guess) sound of a dryer fan blowing away happily I could also hear this VERY loud, VERY intense extremely grating high-pitched whistle as well that noone else could...near drove me bonkers!

Personally don't think its anything special - no more so that people who can taste and isolate specific ingredients in various foodstuffs/beverages, or really good sense of smell...its just how some peoples senses are wired up it seems.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Awarenessiskey

yes i have that to i can also hear when someone walks into a room when the T.V is on it kinda interrupts the electrical current. thats how i know is there is someone there whether i see them or not

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
YES, I CAN FEEL IT

And it's annoying as hell, it blocks all my thoughts. The TV is like poison, no wonder people are couch potatoes, they get used to this frequency. It's crazy man. I feel it.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NewerBeing

I'm starting to think my TV can sense me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but not???
Ever found yourself watching TV and had no idea why you are watching the program you are watching, sort of hypnotic?

voices.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah, you (or a least I do) hear the high pitched frequency/pitch/electric current.
Last night my Xbox wouldn't hook the three colored wires (xD I can't still never get those right, or remember what these cords do :/ after years of n64 you'd think I could)
But I digress,
The part on the tv that you plug them into is, I believe, kaput. So I kept trying to plug in and unplug them.
The different current/frequency/high pitched ringing. Got so bad that I gave up after about 20 seconds. It gave me a HUGE headache. I can always hear when that stuff is in though, it's like, a strange presence and then I hear the frequencies.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I can but that's because I can hear the noise the TV emits. Though the I think it's 17.5 "mosquito" noise that was popular a few years ago as a cell phone ring tone that would give me an instant headache.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Always have been able to. You just hear the higher frequencies of it; not everyone can. I hear computers, televisions, amplifiers, soda machines, and at times when there's nothing else on which to focus, I hear strange frequencies in the background. "The hum", maybe.

Edit: I also have chronic migraines, and the particular frequency of TVs really get to me.
edit on 19-5-2012 by Greensleeves because: addition

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You know, now that think about it, I could when i had the tube TV's, but these new LCD and Plasma's, I cant sense them.

Very Odd

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awarenessiskey
For the longest time, I notice when I step into a house either it's mine or someone's else, without hearing any sound coming from the TV, I can sense that it is already on. I would be up stairs, about to go down stairs, and I can sense that the TV is already on, once I go down stairs into the next room, the TV is on. You can't hear it, You don't see it, But you Sense it's on, What is it?!

The energy. I can feel the EXACT same thing and I can sense when a animal or person is in a room without seeing them, can you as well? I'd bet you can. I can feel all things electric. Large power lines make me clinch my jaw it's so intense.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
not from another room, but yes.

more notably i feel much different when the Tv or the computer screen is off than when it's on.
It can actually make you feel like crap. There's all kinds of information about what emf can do to your central nervous system. the longer it has been on the worse it gets.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes I can

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join