It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda Vs Intellect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Good day everyone, ^ ^

Propaganda.... It has the ability to sway emotions and opinions on just about anything. It's what separates so many of us today. The question is, does it matter if the individual is intelligent or is the entertainment factor hidden so deep within us, that we would ignore the truth?

It begs the question... How many of us have been fooled by propaganda, only to then realize of our mistake and think to ourselves "I was such a fool!"?

I would love to hear some thoughts on this and propaganda that may have affected you personally. ^ ^

(Maybe not a thread on exposing specific mis information, I know.. but I believe we learn from our mistakes and this can provide some great insight!)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Selket

I suppose it's one of those things that can be used for good, or for bad, depending on what the motivation is.

It can be used for social good. Consider The Jungle. 100% propaganda but in the end it made the food industry much safer.

Propaganda can also be used for terrible things... like Boy Bush's Stratego game, to name one.

Just highlights that we should question everything.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I agree, you have some rather strong points. I completely forgot about the whole jungle issue..

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
i got suckered in on the whole 9/11 thing and i got suckered again on the whole war on terror.

i think with 9/11 i couldnt believe that a gov would do such a thing to their own people and with the war on terror i already had an inclination to distrust muslims so i suspect it made it alot easier to manipulate me.

when the crap hit the fan in iraq i was sitting there infront of my tv watching the missiles hitting buildings thinking wow this is cool, untill i actually started to think "wait a min everytime one of those things hit it means people are being killed".

then the more i read about 9/11 the more unanswered questions i had and the more rediculous the US gov's reasoning became.

similar with the WOT, ive come to believe its less about making the population safe and more about the gov intruding itself into the privacy of the citizens.

Iraq was about nothing ore than oil

Afganistan is a charade to make the people believe the gov is doing something in regards to finding so called terrorists.

if there are any others i dont know, maybe im not even aware of the extent of the programing

i believe the US did go to the moon, simply because i dont really care that much wether they did or didnt, it doesnt effect me in any way.

fluride in the water ... been drinking it all my life with no adverse effects, i very rarley get ill

AIDS more than likley made by the CIA

kennedy more than likley assasinated by the CIA

others.... *shrugs*

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Life is what YOU make it out to be. Things are only propaganda TO YOU if you disagree with them.

Intelligence is being able to take things to the most primitive level without any bias and seeing the reality of life in its rawest form and accepting it as such.. IMO that is.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Demandred

Yes. I was stuck in shock, when 911 happened. So I was pretty much ready to believe anything at that time. It was like I was watching a movie.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

That makes sense and very well put. ^ ^

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Propoganda = How I will vote.
Education = How I will regret.

top topics

join