It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you only had a short time left to live, is there some place you would like to see and experience?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
When I was kneehigh to a grasshopper I can remember telling myself that if I ever was diagnosed with cancer I would go to the Bermuda Triangle to check it out for myself before I died. Because that place always fascinated me the most and I wanted to experience it and see if perhaps I disappeared. LMAO sounds funny come to think of it. You know experience what might be going on there. Now that I am over 40 I realise that I have changed. I think I would rather be in some mountain meadow, sitting alone watching nature around me with even more appreciation than ever. Savoring every last second of it. Maybe I am just getting mellow the older I get.

If you knew you only had a short time left to live, is there some place you would want to see or experience?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes Denny's. And get me one of those new "build your own slams". The gas prices are so high, I can't justify going there right now but, If I knew I was dying soon, then off to Denny's I would be a going!

Vance

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have to say, I like that Bermuda Triangle thing. I would have to agree with you. But first i think that i would take Kemo to try and live before i take a suicide mission to the Bermuda Triangle. You know? Ive always wondered myself whats in there. You know how they say that some kind of time warp is in there? Well I want to know for sure whats there.

Now I'm not to sure what Vance is talking about, going to Denny's. Your years are ending and all you can think about is Denny's. Yes gas prices are high but just how far is Denny's from you anyway? Would it really cost that much just to get there?

Also before I die I want to go Sky Diving. Just seems like something you have to do before you "Kick The Bucket". Good movie Anyone seen it? Thats a good movie to get ideas on what to do before you die.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yes I have seen the movie
Good movie too!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I would like to sit alone in the Arctic and watch the Northern lights alone, then i would arrange the biggest kids party i could, and be the biggest kid there.

It would be my last chance to see the children of my Family, and believe me, would be the best day of my life.

I know pretty sad, but its all id ever need.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I've never seen "Kick the Bucket", does it have Piano Reeves in it or something?

I would want to be alone, in the forest. Any forest would do. If not, and ideally, some desert in Australia. Somewhere to fade, forever, and then to be carried away at dusk, slowly becoming the particulates of everything. Ascending....

I wish it was sooner than later.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

I live on the edge of the Bermuda triangle and have spent many days on boats inside of the area. I have also flown through it on a small plane. In all of the time I spent inside the triangle I never really experienced anything amazing. I got myself excited a couple of times when the compass started going crazy, but I soon calmed down when nothing came of it.

The strangest thing I can tell you about the Bermuda triangle in my experience is the weather. Storms literally come out of nowhere. I have seen them form in a matter of minutes. I have been in some terrifying situations because of the freak weather inside the triangle. One day in particular I will never forget. If you have ever seen the movie "The perfect storm" you can get an idea of what it's like to be surrounded by enormous walls of water on both sides. I can tell you first hand that you don't want to know what that feels like. Also, waterspouts (tornadoes that form over water) are very common inside the triangle. I have seen many of these and even multiple spouts at the same time.

I believe I came pretty close to finding out what happens to people that disappear in the Bermuda triangle and I consider myself lucky. I think you have the right idea now about how you would spend your last days. I pretty much feel the same as you do. Just me and my family somewhere in the mountains enjoying what truly matters. I can't think of anything else I would want other than a quiet place where I can be close to the people that I love.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Anywhere away from people, i have been in cities far too long.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BindareDundat

Yes. My mind and soul.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
If money was no object, I would love to be sent into space.
Just drop me off amongst the stars with enough oxygen for a couple of months and I will float and ponder until I draw my last breath. Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I actually had to write a discussion board for a class with this topic in mind.

I would want to travel to Scotland and Ireland. Then I would want to make a US tour of all those "mysterious" places that are tourist attractions ( Like : The Mystery Spot )

I guess, in all honesty, I'd want to experience life. That's all I'd really be after.

new topics

top topics

join