It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Reason For Believing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was curious about what got you guys into UFOs/ETs? I'd love to hear any stories anyone has about an event that sparked your interest.

When I was 10, my grandma's neighbor was like a best friend to me. She was one of the nicest, most sincere and outgoing persons I have ever come across. One day I remember hearing my mom and grandma talking to her about some bizarre event that she experienced, and I begged to be let in on the story. Apparently, she was driving through San Diego during the 70's and saw some strange lights in the sky, ones that she had seen before. She decided to follow the lights and did so for a few miles until she was pulled over by police officer.
What struck her as odd (besides the crazy lights in the sky) was the officers car, which seemed to be a police model from the 50's. She was asked to exit her vehicle and the officer approached her quickly and asked 'what the f***' she thought she was doing, and told her to turn around. She said the officer had red hair and a pale complexion. She made it a point to explain how rude the officer was and because of this, she got his badge number so that she could report him.
When she arrived home, she immediately called the police department and gave them the badge number. After a long pause, the officer on the other line said "Ms., that officer has been missing in action since 1948."
This immediately sparked my interest in the supernatural/alien phenomenon. Now that I'm older and much deeper into my research, I would have loved to ask her questions about the details of her story... but she passed away when I was 15 or 16. Sorry if it's lacking, but it's all I can remember.

So I would really love to hear anybodies reasons for diving into this abyss of endless imagination. Whether you're a new member, or a long-time ATSer, tell me what pushed you over the edge!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Seeing a UFO firsthand and not being able to explain it away as possibly manmade because of aspects of movement and speed.
The full story is in my blog.. I have seen more than one UFO and oddly they are never the same. I have yet to blog the sphere I saw at close range because I am documenting things in chronological order and I have not gotten to that part of my life yet but lets just say the first 2 sightings were the most compelling to me and are not something I can pass off as manmade.

I do not know their origin.. only that its not from what we could do when it happened... or even now.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There are too many other planets out there for there not to be life in some form out there. But I do not believe there is sufficient evidence to support them having visited our tiny little rock drifting in space.

First they would have to find our planet amongst the others. They would have to be looking for a planet similar to their own, but if ours did not meet that criteria they would probably ignore it. A plenet with our atmosphere might be toxic to alien species. This is just speculation, but I belive to be a good point.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Very interesting! I look forward to reading your blog. I've seen the same UFO above my apartment twice now in a few months. They were three lights in a triangle position, the thing must have been huge, and it slowly rotated as it passed over. At first I was like, okay, that must be some new military craft... but the second time I saw it I realized how huge it must be and how it didn't make a single noise.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by MrGrieves]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Good points. Considering how far we've come discovering new parts of the universe, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to think aliens could be visiting. All it takes is a few hundred years head-start, and their technology could be far superior to ours. Plus, who's to say there's not life everywhere in our galaxy, being kept secret by the world's governments?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I believe there are aliens out there because I have seen aerial phenomena that I can't explain away... and I've seen other stuff too. Therefore, logic dictates that there is some thing going on that is outside the sphere of my current understanding of my phenomenological experience.

Conversely, I don't believe a lot of other crazy stuff about Pleadians, reptilians, GFL, GFP, and a host of other "new agey" non-sense.....

-Euclid

[edit on 26-8-2008 by euclid]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm a level headed sort. I tend to gravitate towards scientific discussions, etc. So imagine my surprise when, over the course of the last 9 months, I have seen MANY things (in the sky) that I cannot explain.
The first would be from November 18th last year (2007). My wife and I were walking our 'pound puppy' dogs (various breeds all assembled in one animal) at approximately 2:30 PM, when I noticed a "light toroid" ( a donut shape) in the sky. It was approximately 85* over the horizon. There was one 'toroid' that was stationary, and another that was 'vibrating' next to it. We discussed both at length, yet came to no conclusions. We watched them until they both vanished from sight.
My next episode of 'The X Files' happened in Florida. We were visiting my mum and family, my wifes mum made the trip across the state to have dinner. We retired from dinner (on the 12th floor of a gulf side condo) to 'take in the night air'. At that time, my mother in law and I both saw a multiple colored light (red, green, yellow, blue, purple, white, etc....) that floated above the local terrain in loops (Mostly over the intra-coastal waterway). I swore up-and-down that it was a helicopter (Due to what, as I discovered later, was highway noise interrupted by the vagaries of heat layers in the atmosphere).
After that (as if it weren't enough!) I saw a 'sphere' during the daylight hours of 2:30-3:00PM of February 12th 2008. The sphere was of a 'transparent' sort. It was difficult to see (considering the roiling black/grey clouds in the sky that afternoon). The device (I'm certain it was a construction, I am not certain of it's origin)looped circularly around, and between the clouds, until it disappeared into them, appeared to be under intelligent control.
My next 'close encounter' happened in March of 2008. We were experiencing a series of squalls that were battering the East Coast (US). There was a series of storms that would wane and blue sky was visible above. Then, another squall would blow through. At approximately 4:15PM, I noticed what I thought to be hawks. There were three of them flying in a delta formation (Triangle). As I watched these 'hawks" fly (West to East) they traversed 60* of sky (six fists held at arm's length) in a matter of seconds. Once they had passed over my head, they became glowing lights. Then, they disappeared over the eastern treeline. To this day, I have no explanation for what I saw.
We are a planet of presumptuous naked monkey's. I hope 'to the monkey GOD' that we survive our trials and tribulations. Monkey's aren't good at negotiating or logic.
Monkey God Bless.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrGrieves

Where I don't doubt there is life out there.

I still wrestle with how do we know that we fit their definition of intelligent life. Afterall we destroy our environment, we use up resources, we destroy our own species in battle. If I was an advanced civilization I would stay away from this planet, afterall in one scense we are no better than locusts devouring a farmers crop, and in another scense we are no better than the many other animals that inhabit this planet, we just think we are.

So why would they look to our planet as a source for intelligent life, we wouldn't even worth saving as a species in the eyes of an advanced civilization.

This is just my belief though.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
As a child I was already interested in the UFO subject. I even thought I had seen one, I was just thrilled. Even when months later my sighting was explained by a high flying plane, my interest was not dissapeared.

Then years later (still speaking about 30 or more years ago) there was a big event in Autralia. What I recall is that there were flying spheres with high radiation of light flying over the plaines of the Australian landscape. It also seemed there was "something" inside, a vague shadow.... The spheres never landed and "nobody" got out. A few days later the sightings stopped

Media was hot on this story on tv and in newspapers and a famous dutch scientist/astronomer declared on a press conference:
"Now the existence of UFO's have been proven! But it's not nessecarily connected with Alien lifeforms"

I have been looking for this Article on the Internet for a while, but have not found it. I'm not sure when this was, but I think in the 70's. Sometimes I think I have dreamed it, but I'm sure I didn't. I wanted to contact this scientist/astronomer, but I don't know how

Since that time I never witnessed an UFO myself, let alone seen any Aliens. But I'am 100% sure that they do exist, pure out of statistics point of view.

I am waiting for that day that unmistakeable, undenyable, concrete proof can be shown to the world, but I don't expect it anywhere soon (maybe 2012 or just before?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My sighting of the australian event (see my earlier post) always have made me wondered why "we" still looking for proof of UFO's if it's already there?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrGrieves

Excellent story. If you follow up on it, it should not be to difficult to determine which cop was missing. After all, how many cops go "missing" in that year.

Wish you the luck, always fun to read.

BTW, make no mistake alien life is out there, they just IMHO haven't made it to this abyss yet.

top topics

join