It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DanielsMagi

I thank you for that post. Not only is the end of the world coming, but WE are ALL going to be SAVED by the famous Youtube post from Christ. lmao

You cant be serious.....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The Book of Revelation was like a film revealed to John in which one of the many possibilities of mankind's future was shown. John's vision in particular was a primitive man's description of a nuclear war in this day and age; for example:

Locusts with scorpion tails = airplanes
Hiding in mountains = underground bunkers
Stars falling from the sky = missiles dropping
The sun darkening = something akin to the following nuclear winter

This one of the more negative options. As revealed to Raël by the Elohim, humanity also stands at the dawn of a golden age where there is no hunger, war, or money.

The Elohim protect us from ourselves - they will not let a nation trigger a nuclear attack against another nation - until the 144,000 have reached their full number. These people are baptized Raëlians, selfless individuals who help humanity grow and ease peoples' sufferings, and people from Earth the Elohim have already re-created via cloning on their own world because of their efforts to aid humanity and support the prophtes. Once the number of these people have reached 144,000, then the Elohim will 'let go.'

When they do, and if a nuclear war would break out, then this parent extra-terrestrial civilization will 'beam up' the 144,000 to protect them from the unfolding disaster

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Not that i disbelieve the concept of a "rapture" nor do i 100% believe in it .

But may i ask who go's? is it all christians that are saved given their hearts to the lord etc.

Or one hundred and forty four thousand(i think) written in the Bible.

Now does this mean that every baby and inocent child mentaly handicaped,, people with down syndrome or all beings that have not heard the gospel therefor being inocent in Gods eyes will these people go.

I heard the pasage were man and wife one will go one will stay two people in a field one go one stay etc,,

But said nothing about children!!!!

Can you posibly imagine a world with no children no inocence.

It would certinaly be a setting for the End Times!!!

Scary thought

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Rapture is a concept invented by a fictional writer in the 1800's. If you are talking about revelation then that is different.

The reason why Christians do not know these things is they are told by ther church to stay ignorant of these things. It your typical cult tactic.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am certainly non believer and do not believe that this will happen...but if it does, I am looking forward to it! You know how crazy it would be to see the mountains and islands just up and fly off into the sky....Dang, there goes Everest! I just wonder though, will the mountains be cut off, even with the ground surrounding them, at sea level or what? With the islands gone though, I guess we will not have to worry about the oceans rising.

Side note, since the mountains will be flying off like that, I say I am just going to hang out on mountains all September...Free trip (albeit brief) towards space!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What amazes me is that there are people who actually come out and say they are unbelievers ... personally I have seen and been through too much not to believe. all you have to do is look around you, the events in Pakistan alone are enough to start a nuclear war. I find peace and strength in my faith . I believe in Jesus Christ ...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
The last time in history that it happened was when Israel became a Nation again in 1948.

Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a desert. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 This title was written on her forehead:

MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

Hm, I don't believe that "believers" have any advantage over "non-believers".

I mean, right from wrong is the same no matter what religion or belief system you have. I'm a christian, and if my GOD doesn't accept all good people(including good atheist people), then maybe I'd rather be in hell with them.

In any case, I hope I get left behind. While it may suck, most ATS readers (and many more) know to second guess everything they see. So if some "project blue beam" type scenario went down, most of us would be the wiser. I'd like to be here to help the confused/deceived in any way I can.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Praise the FSM, may he smite his non-believers with his mighty meatballs of smitefulness. And if it be his will rain down his glorious tomato sauce of gloriousness upon his devout.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

The "rapture" scenario could actually be a warning about mass abductions that occur, rather than GOD taking his people. Or possibly, a warning of people "disappearing" because they are resisters of the "new world order" or whatever.

It could just be misinterpreted in that way the way most spiritual texts are misinterpreted. Most people don't read them with their "third eye" and that leads to human errors.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception
I so do not understand people whom think there will be a rapture!

If you are a believer, as I am, I will simply say: "answer this then"

Jesus said, "Matt 24:29 - 31"

He specifically said, "after all these things have happened, I will gather my people"

So, no rapture will be until possibly 2015, which will be the end I believe!

I might be wrong, but Jesus can't be!

Thank you for posting this. This has been my own question for many years. Most of my friends are pre-trib rapture believers who think we're at the beginning of the tribulation. Matt 24 always trips me up when I start thinking they're right. But then, the point is also the not knowing, right? I've come to a "hope there's a rapture but have a Plan B" mindset. Oh me of little faith, haha.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Yeah, sorry. No one, not one person on this planet will be able to predict when it happens. "It will come upon you like a thief in the night"

If you believe other biblical prophecy then you must also believe that it is IMPOSSIBLE to determine when the rapture will happen. In fact it could happen right kn

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Ok thanks - I am an unbeliever so here is something for you.

If the Rapture does not happen in September, then you have to publicly denounce the bible and the Christian / Jewish religion.

However, if it does happen, then I will put my hand up to be burnt in hell!

Now that's a fare bet - any takers?

If this one does not pan out it can go under ATS "Failed Predictions and Dates" Thread.

Failed Predictions and Dates

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Dude if it you get raptured, can I have all your stuff?

And my bills and problems too.

You'll get the good and the bad all in one package if I am raptured.

All kidding aside I have been noticing some really unusual behavior in many people that I know that is not normal. And I heard a large type fog horn the other night while I was sleeping, I jumped straight up out of bed and was shaking from head to toe. I normally sleep very well and even when I do have something startle me it doesn't leave me in a shaken state for hours.

I don't believe in the dogma of one religion, but I do respect peoples paths they choose.

I also don't believe in dogmas that lead by fear.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
" No man knows the day, nor the hour. Not even the Son (Jesus), only the Father (God)..."

Jesus Christ

Those who claim they know when the rapture will happen are not doing so according to scripture. Know one knows and that's how God wants it to be.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

True, but Jesus also said to recognize the signs of his coming.
Matthew 24: 32-33

Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.

Maybe the evidence the guy in the video presents is just one of the signs?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's one sign that no one ever seems to mention

2nd Peter 3:3-4 (KJV)

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

It seems to fit this generation to a "T".

[edit on 26-8-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This september or septermber 2015?

Noting I read state when.

Also.... sounds like a bad acid trip to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Praise the FSM, may he smite his non-believers with his mighty meatballs of smitefulness. And if it be his will rain down his glorious tomato sauce of gloriousness upon his devout.

Ramen my friend! All hail his invinsible holy noodlesness!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Whatever would happen will more than likely be centered around the Fall Feasts. After all Jesus was Jewish. Still there's a lot more to it. You have to consider that a wedding is supposed to take place. For a complete understanding of what is to take place - it would be nice to hear from a Messianic Jew. Only they really have the complete picture.

I think the next Feast is Yom Teruah (which is Trumphets). This feast begins when two witnesses see the crescent of the new moon (no one knows the day or hour) and the blowing of the shofar kicks off the feast.

Some feel this mystery wedding will take place at this time. If Jesus is the bridegroom he is basically engaged to his believers. He's went back to his Father's home to prepare a room for his bride. Back then, a son didn't move out and build his own home, he just added on to their existing house. When God feels Jesus' construction is done - he'll give the go ahead to Jesus to go get his bride. Jesus is the bridegroom - but God calls the shots; he picks the bride, he sets the time, and he makes the arrangements.

There is just so much to it, but you have to understand how the Jewish wedding places into all these Feasts.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join