It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If they are correct then i will be willing to crawl out of my super secret nucular bunker facilty(carboard box). And hand him/her the presendentail seal, and procalim them to be the ruler of this new land

[edit on 26-8-2008 by monkeybus]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It is amazing that someone can grab some ancient text that is more than 2000 years old and take it into the correct context which is supposedly written for today's audience as well as the ancient audience.

Quote mining and prophecy usually don't go together very well.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ooh! i love threads like these! How fun! There's actually a date to look forward to

Now if people do start disappearing in the next month I think people around here will blame the LHC

I'm a non-believer I'm sure God wouldn't take me. So this thread is flagged and if nothing happens in the next five weeks I'll be here to mock it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mandrake

Thats the doodly spirit

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Ok thanks - I am an unbeliever so here is something for you.

If the Rapture does not happen in September, then you have to publicly denounce the bible and the Christian / Jewish religion.

However, if it does happen, then I will put my hand up to be burnt in hell!

Now that's a fare bet - any takers?

I'm with you on that one

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by DanielsMagi

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place."

Sixth seal?

passage to the sixth dimension?

Earth Quakes

self explanatory

The sun turns black

it disappears

The moon turns blood red

red shift! the moon will be moving away from us.

The stars will fall to earth

not going to happen, but picture stars "falling" downward into the horizon, perhaps it is not the stars that are falling but the earth that is ascending into the sixth dimension.

?

anyone else have anymore "rapture" quotes?

[edit on 8/26/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

You the man, I had no idea.

So we are all going to die, I hope the sun is shining brightly....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the flu pandemic that will be unleashed next month as mentioned all over youtube, where there is 500,000 plastic coffins set up in Georgia and other USA states?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Hmm interesting. He is right about the eclipses. He's not claiming to be 100% sure either- so I don't see why people are so hostile. Even the video says do your own research. I just did briefly and it is correct information.

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, 13and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. 14The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place."

Actually I have seen a blood red moon it is caused by a lunar eclipse. "Sun turned black" sounds like a solar eclipse to me as well. The fact that these fall on Jewish Holy days in 2015 is very significant. The last time in history that it happened was when Israel became a Nation again in 1948.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I so do not understand people whom think there will be a rapture!

If you are a believer, as I am, I will simply say: "answer this then"

Jesus said, "Matt 24:29 - 31"

He specifically said, "after all these things have happened, I will gather my people"

So, no rapture will be until possibly 2015, which will be the end I believe!

I might be wrong, but Jesus can't be!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by JPhish

You the man, I had no idea.

So we are all going to die, I hope the sun is shining brightly....

eh, that's not what i'm implying. Just demonstrating how things can be interpreted differently. I'm not a believer in the "we're all going to DIE in -insert random date here-!" theory.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Oh, no, I was jumping the conclusion, as in panic-sex ready. I did not mean to imply you were thinking that too. I was just praising your analysis.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Then I guess, as JC said, the poor in spitit and the righteous and the peace makers will be going to heaven, the meek will inherit the Earth, and the arrogant and the hypocrits will gain neither, or something like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
So these eclipse that you talk about

The first one - March 20th 2015 - is a total eclipse but only if you are in the North Atlantic, Faeroe Island and Svalbard. It is partial in Iceland, Europe, North Africa, North Asia.

The second one - September 13th 2015 - is only a partial and it will be seen in South Africa, South Indian and Antarctica.

So firstly, it doesn't seem that North America (which is where the idea of the rapture originated) or Israel (which is I'm sure connected to this religious prophecy in some way) will be seeing either.

Secondly - a partial eclipse does not look like the sun as been covered in sackcloth.

Source

So what does this mean??

Wouldn't the prophecy demand that both be total eclipse?

And it would seem logical to me that the believers in this prophecy (I believe the Rapture prophecy originated in the USA) would at least be able to see these events.

Or perhaps who actually sees it is not important??

Edit - additional info

[edit on 26/8/08 by Horza]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander_SupertrampIt's things like these that really grind my gears and make me wonder what is the purpose of end-times prophecy.

To remind us if we ever start forgetting.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Come November someone is going to be very embarrassed, And question there "Faith". oh wait a second i forgot about 2015 or whatever and probably after that a new excuse to perpetuate this vague history/fairy tale book known as the bible.

See you in November!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
So OP, what happens on 10/3/2008 and there is no Rapture and the mid-trib or post-trib etc people start using these blood moons as proof the Tribulation has started? You cant suddenly discard this blood moon "truth" because it would lend truth to other views concerning the Tribulation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join