page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wakeupcall1111
reply to post by DanielsMagi

Good post DanielsMagi!

I, too am waiting for the rapture at the end of Sept. All the signs are lining up. Other dates have come and gone, but this one seems to have more evidence than all the rest.

I believe the Russian Georgian conflict we are seeing now is the start of the Gog Magog war of Ezekiel 38 & 39 which happens right around the rapture time.

Also, as far as the biblical scripture when Jesus said that "no man knows the day or the hour" he was referring to the Rosh Hashana Jewish feast which happens each year - this year at the end of Sept. No man knows the day or the hour is the actual name of the Rosh Hashana feast because the time for the feast cannot be declared until the new moon is shown.

Anyway, keep looking up - at this rate there won't be many of us heading that way - but it's not too late for the rest of the people. They just need to humble themselves, ask Jesus to save them and if they are left behind- DON"T TAKE THE MARK!

If you don't agree with any of this - blessings to you anyway - Jesus still loves you even if you don't believe in Him.

just a question, if those who are left behind don't take the mark... what happens to them? when they die do they still go to hell? or to heaven?

that part confuses me.

Either way. I honestly hope we have a bit more time before the rapture, I'm trying to get my family, friends, and my love, saved still. (pray for my success, please, because I can't stand the thought of eternity without them)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Just a note...you can't find the term "rapture" in the bible, the term was made popular by John Nelson Darby of the plymouth brethren at the end of the 19th century. Aslo, the bible has been altered so much you can't be 100% sure it's true. For instance, the councel of Nicea, where Constatine I had 250-300 bishops attend and they decided what would be included or removed in the bible. Also there are alot of gnostic text you should look into, they contradict alot of what's in the bible or check out the Codex Sinaticus, the oldest bible in the world, over 1600 yrs. old. It is a very fascinating read. It just may change you interpertation of the bible and the "rapture". All in all, I agree with many who say why worry about something you cant change. If the "rapture" is, so be it.

I aggree with you almost entirely.

I normally wouldn't worry about stuff like this, but then I worry about all the people on this earth who I love and would lose, especially the handful of family and friends I held dear to my heart.

They are the onlly reason I worry, if they were all saved, which I'm working on, I wouldn't be worried about the rapture, I would be all happy and what not living with them and god and jesus forever.

But as it is right now, I am concerned only that it seems that could happen any moment, and those people aren't saved, that's the only reason I'm scared.

For them, not myself. And so in that degree, I pray that the rapture is a bit off atleast, like next year. I have better faith that I could save them by then.

*here's to hoping for their salvation*

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix521
This reminds me of the book and film "Left Behind". Not sure if anyone else has got that or posted that either, since I have not read through the replies.

I remember seeing that a while back, but it was at the point where I wasn't christian, and was only watching it because I FELT like I was being forced to.

But I wasn't actually being forced, it was just that I was a kid, so I didn't have a say in going to church, I wanted to stay home and play video games.

But such isn't the case anymore.

I wish I came to beleive sooner, as I do now. I started beleiving and following a few months ago, but wish I had started sooner, to get a longer chance to bring those I love to christ.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception
One of the greatest problems with many christians today, is they only believe what they choose from the bible, or are told to from their preacher!

God is His own interpreter of His word! This is shown through scripture, NEVER contradicting itself elswhere! Scripture must line up with scripture, fullstop!

Again I say simply: Matt 24: 29 - 31! Or did Jesus Lie?

I hate the word "rapture", because of the error of timeing!

I rather say Jesus words: "After the tribulation of those days, I will gather my people"

That will be at the end of 7 years of tribulation!

Jesus also said to HIS people: How will you stand in the end times, if your faith is not strong now"

Jesus also warned HIS deciples, to not be deceived in the end times! Why would he says this, if they wouldn't be there, because of a "rapture"?

Anyway, this is just my truth, and God bless you all!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by DarksDeception]

I'm not trying to disprove your beleifs in saying this, but I feel that the things jesus said like, "do not be deceived in the end times" might not refer only to the time before the rapture, but in the time just before it as well.

Because if you think about it, if your a christian today, mostly in countries where the major religion is something other than christianity, people try to convert yyou back, and recently there have been serveral upon serveral people giving theories to disprove the bible and what-not.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarksDeception
One of the greatest problems with many christians today, is they only believe what they choose from the bible, or are told to from their preacher!

God is His own interpreter of His word! This is shown through scripture, NEVER contradicting itself elswhere! Scripture must line up with scripture, fullstop!

Again I say simply: Matt 24: 29 - 31! Or did Jesus Lie?

I hate the word "rapture", because of the error of timeing!

I rather say Jesus words: "After the tribulation of those days, I will gather my people"

That will be at the end of 7 years of tribulation!

Jesus also said to HIS people: How will you stand in the end times, if your faith is not strong now"

Jesus also warned HIS deciples, to not be deceived in the end times! Why would he says this, if they wouldn't be there, because of a "rapture"?

Anyway, this is just my truth, and God bless you all!

I'm not trying to disprove your beleifs in saying this, but I feel that the things jesus said like, "do not be deceived in the end times" might not refer only to the time before the rapture, but in the time just before it as well.

Because if you think about it, if your a christian today, mostly in countries where the major religion is something other than christianity, people try to convert yyou back, and recently there have been serveral upon serveral people giving theories to disprove the bible and what-not.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by katsumishiokawa

I am seeing you posting on this OLD prophecy thread that DID NOT HAPPEN........and yet your posting to it as if it has merit......so my question to you IS....WHY do you think this obvious HOAX thread is worth taking seriously??

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
This is an interesting thread,however there will be a problem with Nibilu (Wormwood?)before those eclipses.It can only be seen from the South Pole right now because it is coming from behind the sun.It will be visible may,2009 to just about everybody.In the past it has been blamed for the destruction of Atlantis and the Great Flood.It is about the size of Jupiter and will pass very close to Earth in 2012. I do believe in the rapture so I hope it occurs before this event.

THe whole wormwood event is something that is said to happen during tribulation.

the meteor (comet/asteroid?) hits the earth and basically poisons the water with wormwood, killing the sea life.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
reply to post by Jess31

Tell me about it... every month is supposed to be the month. This is actually the first time I've posted in this type of thread because they're ridiculous.

Also another thing about religion--

When I got my first communion in church I was expecting some feeling of complete happiness and content, but when I ate the wafer it was just like any other wafer.. I didn't feel God's presence in my life anymore than I had before (which was none basically). If God were there why doesn't He show Himself more often? And please, don't call me Thomas. Thx in advance.

Also-- I encourage all believers to read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.. its pretty much what took me from a believer to an agnostic. I would love to see you guys try to refute his arguments.

I'm not entirely sure why, but this reminded me of something I saw on christian tv.

And while it doesn't have much to do with what you were specifically saying, or what the thread is about, but I felt I wanted to put this in.

I was watching christian tv once, and I remember them saying that at the end of Darwin's life, he wrote a letter dismissing everything he said about evolution, saying that it was all a lie. and that the letter was hidden away by the government or something, becuase they wanted people to beleive in evolution.

and also something about how nazi's actually made alot of the cave drawing used as evidence of man's evolution, because they wanted people to beleive in evolution, not creation.

and lastly, that the government is actually gaurding a place in ant-arctica thats like the gate way to hell or something.

true or not, I thought it was interesting.

and on another note, I'm really starting to dislike the history channel, becuase just this morning, they had something on the Da Vince Code, trying to say that Jesus and Mary Magdaline had a love affair or something, because apparently, there was an ancient scroll, saying "Jesus kissed her ____" with a hole over that word, so while it's obvisouly her forehear of what ever, they are trying to make people think he kissed her on her lips, like sexually.

I was like like, "what stupidity... >_

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Ketzer22 we are not talking religion here ..in fact I detest religion...

We are talking about a personal relationship with the LORD GOD ...
Who can be found out about from the word of God ..

All other ancient texts go on and on about many gods ..(those who call themselves gods who were really no gods at all)
Thats what they did after leaving Eden ...they went on to serve many gods they made up more gods as they went along even ... ..so of course there are many a text written by them ...which it explains why ..they ate of the fruit disobeying the one no no they were told not to do .....and thereby sunk deep into PAGAN DIETYS ...as satan offered them KNOWLEDGE remember ...so why do you find it so hard to believe that satan used men to write his own texts down through the generations so no one would believe and serve the one living God .. ?While satan was having men write his texts ..(Or those fallen angels had them written not sure who did but someone did ) ....the men who did serve the only real God were writing down the word of God too ..
How can you believe those texts and not believe the word of God ..(see I have the same questions you do ) ......

What I find hard to believe is how can people believe their or so many gods .....and yet cannot fathom there being just one ...
And the many god believers tell us ..hey yall are so stupid to believe in just one God ...I find it even stupider that they can believe in more than one ......does not make sense to me ..

Here is what I think ...those texts took the truth and twisted them into a lie ...just like satan does .....to keep everyone serving everyone else (pagan dietys) but the one true God ................

Oh, ant that reminds me about something I read from the bible, about Noah's time.

THat's when angels strayed from god's comands while they were on earth, and took up wives who were mortal, and had half-angel, half-human children.

It was talking about how, most gods that are worshipped, are the spirits of those beings, who were not allowing into heaven, and haven't yet been condemned to hell, or what evr. It went on about how they were tempted by satan to go follow him, and that mortals would worship them as gods.

I wonder what they would think if you accused buddah or mohamad of being a devil or fallen angel, simply deceiving them.

They'd probably kill you yes, but still.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
The very basic concepts cannot allow a rapture to happen much less exist. How do you define Good when there is no Evil to base it off of? What is considered Evil? Stealing food so that your family doesn't starve or not believing in God because you've lived in a forest all your life and never read the bible because you've never seen it before. The whole concept of "thou shall not do that" depends on a bar to measure it with. Iherantly there are some things that are understood as wrong. Taking a persons life from them, or taking something from them for greed not self preservation. What happens when there is no more Evil? How can you measure it when it doesn't exist? Does the bar get raised higher and now if you don't pray your considered evil? Sneeze without saying bless you and your evil? The only possible out I can see is nothing. Neither exist as both are gone in our current space time frame. When we die perhaps we move on to a higher dimension or another universe.

-Aza

I thought it interesting to point out, that Baptists won't say bless you when someone sneezes, they don't beleive it's proper (I am baptist, but I still say it, only because I was raised most of my life being told it was polite or kind and whatever)

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
To Spy66--

Your point is so simple, yet so effective.. humans really aren't ever satisfied lol..

To Simplynoone--

From my understanding the Sumerian and other ancient texts were created long before the bible so how could they be talking about the same God/s? I believe to ancient humans with primitive technology, someone would seem like a God if they could fly and do all the things we do now. I would be interested to bring someone from Jesus' time to today's world and see their reaction.. I bet it would be classic.

To Jess31--

I HIGHLY recommend The God Delusion-- I'm doing a book review on it right now for my English class.

which goes with what I said in a recent post

given that people didn't know better, all a demon or fallen angel had to do was fly or what ever, and I bet the people would fall at there feet, and worship them.

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Ketzer22
Good question ...but thats what my point is ...we know that we have been lied to many many times about history ..and historical records and such ...and how old they really are ..or arnt ..............
We only know what we have been told by TPTB (and yes that even includes the churchs (Catholic) and the Jews etc ) as they were at one time one of those PTB ...
I believe there is alot we do not know and has been hidden from the general public ...for this very reason ..so we wouldnt believe the bible at all ..which is exactly what they wanted ...and is exactly what satan wanted ..
What better way than through confusion and many many different texts to keep us all uninformed and confused ..it has worked very well actually .................

Its like collecting Original CDs (or any collections you have chosen to collect ) ...the originals are made and sold ..then all of a sudden there are so many other copies made by so many peoples that it becomes almost impossible to see which one was the real original CD ..but we know for a fact that the real deal is among them .. it will be hard to find and hard to determine which ones are the real originals ..but it can be done ..by a process of elimination and studying in minute detail of emblems and signatures etc .and trademarks ...etc ......then you will find the real deal ...................and they all swear they have the original ...but you cannot know for sure till you dig into it indepth .....

Maybe that isnt a good analogy ..but its still early and I have not had all my coffee yet lol ..................

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

Just like I was saying in a recent post (... sorry if you happen to be the one I was replying to, can't remember XD )

according to some christian shows, the government is defending the gateway to hell, and is hiding a letter from Darwin that completely dis-inherits the theory of evolution, that it was all a lie.

Same with caveman drawings and skeletons of cave people, if you think about it, these could all easily be lies.

In addition and example of history books being changed:

George washington was a baptist, along with many constitutionalists, as time when on, we went from baptist to general christian, to being a good, but non-religious man, to flat out being called a lier, according to the history books, if you read them from older to newer.

It's become rediculous.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I agree with Alexandar. To a point but I do believe that we should spread the truth of the bible. And when the end of times come we will know. If you read revelations things are going to happen that will not dout be proof of the bible. the witnesses, the 3rd of the everything dieing. (sea and earth) stars falling to the skys, the opening of hell by a fire and rock and lecus comesing out. And the rapture is just a possibility you never know if its acually truth. Those that go to meet Jesus Join his army to fight satan and his devils. Read the bible if you dont believe me.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ok I feel let down. I was promised a world free of bigotry, hatred, violence, intolerance and racism and all you Christians are still here!

So whats up? Did Jesus hit the GFL Ship and they both end up off target or something?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
{Ok I feel let down. I was promised a world free of bigotry, hatred, violence, intolerance and racism}

Gee and here I thought yall already had all that figured out already ...
Thought it was you all (non Christians) who was gonna bring that all about yourselves without GOD >
How has that been working for yall so far ?We are not in your way here ...how could a little bitty few Christians keep you from your evolving into whatever your trying to evolve into ..Are you saying that we have that much power that we can keep yall from doing anything ? .......

There are way more bigots and racists who are NON CHRISTIAN than there are who are supposed Christians (if they are that way they are NOT CHRISTIANS it is just what they call themselves) ..so dont even go there ....

People accuse people of the exact same things they are guilty of ....(Why because they can see it in others and cannot see it themselves) .fox smells his own hole first ..I know you have heard all of that havent you ?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I dunno, Ill ask the next few KKK members and White Supremacists that I see if they believe that Jesus is their personal lord and savior.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

I dunno, Ill ask the next few KKK members and White Supremacists that I see if they believe that Jesus is their personal lord and savior.

Yes I am aware of where they came from ..we must have watched the same documentary ...as I said before ..those people are not what the Lord would consider Christians and in fact he will say to them I NEVER KNEW YOU .

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

But isn't that the point of grace, that way you can be the most evil hateful people on the planet but because you accept Jesus into your heart as your lord and savior your automatically forgiven your sins and transgressions. Allowing you to be a hatemonger the rest of your life and still get into heaven?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

NO .
Dang I hate that I cant do a one liner ..so I need to ramble on when I do not have anything more to say on this subject .Except that there really is more to it than that .Which I know you dont want to hear about it so I wont tell it...
So seems like your stuck with us for a little while longer I guess ...

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well Ill pray that Jesus comes for you all soon.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join