It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
[if this Rapture is so real how come it as failed to materialize the last 2000 years. Jesus himself even said his Second Coming would be before his contemporaries were gone it did not happen. ]

Bone get this straight in your mind ok ...
The RAPTURE (Catching away which really means snatching out of ) is not the same as the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST .
He came the first time back then 2000 years ago ..he said he was comeing again.He was the first of the Firstfruits (which implys there are more than one firstfruit gatherings) And he took 2000 years now to gather a people unto himself (his faithful remnant bride) and call as many who would come to come ....then he will work on the hard hearted and the remnant who didnt care about living for God and the Jewish peoples during that trib..It will take a lot for them to know him ..so I guess thats what they chose .LEARNING THE HARD WAY during those horrible days of the TRIB>
Then he will come again......... once every last person has HEARD and been given that choice ..We have all heard have we not ...actually like some of you have said you have already heard enough and are sick of hearing it even ......So he is truly comeing soon isnt he ..since even yall admit that everyone has heard and most decided not to believe and are now even sick of hearing it because you have heard it all before ....Do you really think you will be very easy for the Lord to show himself to you if your not even open to knowing him???????????

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bone

Read that scripture again and then think about it real real hard then read these others ...Now if your a thinking person then you would know that CHRIST HAD TO BE RISEN FROM THE DEAD FIRST ...that day was the STARTING OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD ..and those apostles he told that to DID NOT DIE till they SAW HIM RISE FROM THE DEAD>.........This was not about his second comeing ..it was the finishing of the first comeing his death brought in that kingdom of God ...............Now do you get it ?
Christ death and his HOLY SPIRIT given to those apostles after ten days was the start of the KINGDOM OF GOD comeing with power (The Holy Spirit gave those apostles power to overcome what they were about to endure ) then they were all killed after that ...Do you see now ?

Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

Luk 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

Luk 2:26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Jhn 8:52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

Hbr 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Also ...why would he rapture anyone out back then (except for those who were already in the graves which were risen with Christ when he did) .....
When that was the beginning of his KINGDOM and the Apostles were the ones to start the ball rolling to know him and spread it through out the world .....(scripture says that it would be preached in all the world first which was what the apostles did ) ....it is at the end of his gathering himself a people for his kingdom when he will come again ...when they are all gathered ...then his Kingdom will be completed ...And he can finish the work then he has planned to CHANGE THIS MESS WE HAVE HERE .,

The only way to change it since no one cares about their King the LORD JESUS and no one cares about God being in our world ...and no one cares about doing good or loving eachother anymore ..Then what do you think the Lord should do ???Other than burn the chaff and start anew ..
Read what CHAFF is to give you a better understanding of what that means.
And why they are called CHAFF

Here ya go
blueletterbible.org...

Have you ever harvested crops ? That is what the Lord is gonna do ..
He is harvesting for his PERFECT HARMONIOUS KINGDOM without any CHAFF to mess up his garden .............and the fruits within it .....ONE BAD APPLE SPOILS THE WHOLE BUNCH doesnt it ?
Although he does do it one more time after the THOUSAND YEAR REIGN .

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I have no problem with what you're doing. The same is true for me but let's review a verse you laid out for me.

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept... But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits afterward they that are Christ's at His coming" (1 Cor.1 5:20, 23)."

That passage states "they that are Christ's AT His coming."
That sounds like when He returns.... not before He returns. You have to dig deeper with the two resurrections mentioned in Revelation. As far as the Trump of God vs. the 7 Trumpets.... my point was that the 7th trumpet, not all 7 trumpets, but the last trumpet of those 7 is the Trump of God and you can compare the events of the 7th trumpet to the term, "Trump of God" because the 7th trumpet ushers in Christ's descend from heaven and the start of His rule on earth. At that point is when the rapture happens, (according to what I've read) and it's also known as the first resurrection or "resurrection to life" which are the saints chosen to rule with Christ during the mellenium.

Also I know all too well about the harvest seasons and the holy days of the Jews which christians should be celebrating also. And I don't mean to correct you but the pentacost is held 50 days after PASSOVER, not easter. Easter is what christians replaced passover with. The whole deal with Christ and his Apostles at the Last Supper where He presents His New Covenant was all held during passover. Jesus even died at passover around midday. 31 AD Passover was held on a wednesday which would put His resurrection 3 days later on the Holy Sabbath or saturday. It wasn't until sunday when he was found missing. Easter is a holiday adopted by the Catholics from pagan rituals. The holiday carried into the Protestant Reformation. If you want more info on the holy days and what they truly mean for christians, check out my thread on "God's Holy Day Plan". Amen and God bless you.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hi Loco

I will admit that I could be wrong in how I see things in the word ..
And I really dont think I have all the answers ..in fact I know I dont.
And thats one of those scriptures that stump me ..But I cant figure how that fits in then with the Harvests ..And he did use harvesting as an example .
You dont just have one harvest when you have different crops to harvest .
So we must be missing something ..that is the only conclusion I come to when something isnt fitting .

I really dont believe though that we are supposed to do those Jewish feasts .
I dont think it is required is it >?
It was my wonderful Mother years ago who filled me in about all of them .
I was in the MILK for years and she made me go to the meat lol ..
I chewed on as much as I could and still chewing on more everyday .
It gets overwhelming though since there is so much I need to know in that bible ...and I can really only take in so much ..then I have to take a break and just relax ...Most of my time gets spent at home with other people ..I have so many friends and neighbors with so many problems ..I am sort of the block shrink,advisor person who cares enough to help etc lol ..that takes alot of my time ....I wont neglect people just so I can be better versed in the bible ..although I need to do more of that sometimes in order to help with serious issues for people who come to me for advice ..I want to make sure it is the right advice (at least good advice that could work) ......

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
PsychoToxic (PC)

First-person action game in which you play as Angela Prophet, who's been tagged to save the world from an Armageddon brought about by what appears to be a relative of Aleister Crowley. Everything's already starting to go to hell by the time you get involved, and PsychoToxic tries to capture the unsettling end-of-the-world feel of movies like 28 Days Later and the Dawn of the Dead remake--not that the theme in this game is zombies, though. There are monsters and some spooky people running around, but zombies don't make up the majority of it. Angie Prophet has special powers allowing her to pick up power ups to do things like temporarily turn invisible, recharge her health, throw up an invulnerability shield, and more

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

One things christians get sidetracked about is the holy days that God commanded in Leviticus 23. Nowhere in the New Testament does it say NOT to celebrate them or to officially celebrate holidays like Easter or Christmas which are both drowning in pagan tradition like easter eggs and santa clause. Not to mention, Christ celebrated all of the holy days and even after His death, the Apostles and members of the early church still kept them. If you need me to, I can give you verses where Christ and/or the apostles were celebrating the holy day feasts. The major difference is the fact that these feasts take on new meanings for christians. You should really read my thread on the Holy Days.

Like you, I've been trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together but recently, I've discovered more truth in these unpopular customs just because the bible backs them up soundly where as things like the pre-trib rapture and the separation of body and soul at death are more of an understood tradition of christianity and not biblical sound doctrine.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hi again Loco ..

I believe the NT also says this
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rom 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.
Treasury
Rom 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
Rom 14:9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

I regard every day as the day the Lord hath made and I regard everyday as a holy day (as best I can ) ....so I dont believe I really need an other holy day when every day is holy to me ..Everyday I wake up I thank God and praise him for his mercy and love and tender kindness towards us all ...
And I do take a day off (actually 2 lol) ....

I am interested in the feast days mainly because they must have been important enough to God or he wouldnt have told them to do them ..BUt I believe they were more for the Jews than for the gentiles ...
I just dont want to get all into something that becomes more ritualistic stuff that isnt necessary .....I serve a personal SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST who gets down one on one with me ...and he wants to hear from me everyday ..not just on sundays or on high holy days etc ..he gets all glory no matter what the circumstance ..it is no longer me that lives but he that LIVES within me ....
I try to go by what this scripture says
Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.
Mar 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mar 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
Mar 12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Mar 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him [any question].

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The christian celebration of the 7 holy day feasts are not bound by rituals or sacrafices but are used to explain God's ultimate plan for mankind. In the traditional sense, Christmas was used to celebrate the birth of Christ but in doing so, christians turned away from the more important aspect of Christ which is his 2nd coming. Every holy day has a significant meaning for each portion of God's plan for mankind. The weekly sabbath is a reminder to mankind that God created everything in 6 days and rested on the 7th but to use the equation the bible gives with 1 day in heaven being 1,000 years on earth the sabbath signifies the 1000 years of peace or rest when christ returns. 6000 years were given to man to prove to God that he can rule alone in peace, but man has been proven wrong and only through Christ will we see our sabbath rest or mellenium of peace.

Passover is the first annual holy day. It signifies the sacrifice that was Jesus Christ...... the Lamb of God. In Jewish tradition a pure virgin lamb was sacrificed on the altar in the name of God. In christian passover, the whole symbolism of the lamb slaughter is fulfilled through the pure blood of Christ the Lamb of God in order to give mankind a way to everlasting life. Jesus said nothing about celebrating His birth but to celebrate His death with great joy because man's sins were forgiven through the death of Christ.

Feast of Unleavened Bread is a 7 day feast immediately following Passover which would make this whole harvest feast 8 days long. The days of unleavened bread came about traditionally due to the fact that when Moses was leading the Hebrews out of Egypt, they left in such haste that they didn't have time to put leaven in their bread causing the bread to remain flat. God sanctified this event and ordered the Isrealites to keep leaven from the bread for 7 days after Passover as a symbol of leaving sin out of their lives for 7 days. The christian aspect is that through the sacrifice of Christ and the refraining of sin/leaven, mankind may recieve everlasting life.

50 days after Passover is the Feast of Pentacost. Better known by the Jews as the feast of weeks or shavuot, it represented the giving of the Ten Commandments at Mount Sinai and the late spring harvest season. The christian siginificance for this holy day feast is the fact that the first pentacost of the new testament church was the day the Holy Spirit poured out on the church which signified the blessing of the church by God's authority. It also teaches us to keep the laws in a spiritual sense to show our Love to God. Pentacost was the day the new testament church members started speaking in toungs of nations in order to spread the word throughout the Roman Empire and beyond. As a harvest season it signified the firstfruits of the harvest representing Christ thus starting the harvest of mankind. We must long for the baptism of the Holy Spirit in order to be a "sort" of "firstfruits" at Christs return as mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:20-23.

The Feast of Trumpets represents the time in human history when God intervines in mankinds affairs on a global basis. It represents a dramatic turning point in world history. The Feast of Trumpets depicts nothing less than the return of Jesus Christ to earth to establish the Kingdom of God! This feast represents the tribulation period which is followed by the sounding of 7 trumpets with the last of the 7 being the trumpet of God ushering in the new mellenium of peace aka: The Kingdom of God/Heaven.
It also signifies the first resurrection of God's people known to some as the Rapture of the Church. It is the resurrection of life. "Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed- in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the LAST TRUMPET. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."(1 Corinnthians 15: 51-53).

The Day of Atonement is representative of the Removal of Sin's Cause and Reconciliation to God. Along with passover, Atonement teaches us about the forgiveness of sin and our reconciliation with God through Christ's sacrifice. Atonement is represented by fasting for 24 hours to humble ourselves to God and beg for His mercy. The 24 hour fast is to show how weak and fragile our bodies are and that without the breath of Life given to us by God, we would cease to exist. This holy day is represented as a time in human history when the tribulation is over and Jesus has already called his people in the first resurrection. Thus meaning that the Atonement people are those who remain alive through the tribulation and into the mellenium who learn the truth about God and no longer have the temptation of Satan to influence them. Thus they humble themselves before God and give praise and thanks to their revelation of truth.

The Feast of Tabernacles represents the Reign of Jesus Christ over all the Earth. It represents the restoration of the world and the mellenium of peace on earth. It is a 7 day feast at the end of the harvest season. This feast also represents the sabbath rest of mankind as the mellenium is a time of peace. Christ's return is represented by the feast of Trumpets. The banishment of Satan is depicted by the day of Atonement. Once these events have taken place, the foundation is in place for the restoration of the creation to peace and harmony with God.

The Last Great Day is represented as the time of Judgement and beyond to the New Heaven and New Earth. The notion is that eternal life is extended to all people. Those who never knew God or didn't understand His message will be given an opertunity to reconcile and repent to God after learning the truth of God's purpose for mankind.

Passover = everlasting life through the sacrifice of christ
Feast of Unleavened Bread = refraining from sin in an attempt to enter the kingdom.
Pentacost = Recieving the spirit and becoming a firstfruit of Christ.
Feast of Trumpets = The second-coming of Christ
Atonement = The banishment of Satan and sin.
Feast of Tabernacles = 1000 year sabbath peace
Last Great Day = Judgement and New Heaven & Earth. Death and Grave are defeated in the 2nd Death.

These feasts give us a better understanding as to what to look forward to. God Bless you.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Near the time of the end, there will be many scoffers, including those who consider themselves Christians. The churches will be asleep and refuse to teach prophesy. "No one knows the day or the hour" refers directly to the Feast of Trumpets that begins when two witnesses testify to the new moon during their night watch. This was written way back before NASA records were available and no one knew the exact day or hour of the moon phases, though they had an idea of the season. The 2 day Feast of the Lord is a "rehearsal" of the trumpet blast and call to come up hither that is prophesied. The prophesy has to be studied in context from the Jewish historical angle. The Jewish wedding is the model. According to all prophesy and coordinated NASA records, the only time in our future that looks like a fit for the pre-trib rapture, is related to the Feast of Trumpets of Sept 2008.

The only ones raptured, or saved from the 7 years of tribulation that begin with the signing of the 7 year peace treaty with Israel is all those who live and have ever lived who are true believers who have repented and surrendered their stubborn ignorance to Christ and accepted forgiveness from Christ Jesus, the only one who can save the soul from otherwise eternal punishment.

Either you are a believer or you are a scoffer. I for one believe.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is interesting.

Compare:

To the objection of the OP's timing in this article:

gracethrufaith.com...

And this too:

[edit on 9/8/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchNLearn

The problem is not whether it will indeed happen this September. The problem is the people are not prepared. Perhaps I am not either. That is the real problem. And when that happens, during this or another month, OR if you/I die tonight, for you and me it will be the same as if it is in September 2008. Do you see the point? We will not know in advance, no matter this September, this October, or next August. You will not know, but you have the Gospel for 2000 years to prepare, right? And it is said we MUST prepare IN ADVANCE. That is said in the Bible very clearly.

About the denouncing of Bible...sorry but, are you Christian at all? Is that the netiquette in America, to ridicule the other people's believes? We've heard better things about the American democracy....You have the right not to believe it, yes? So please, give us the right to believe it then! To believe it in principle, no matter this September or not! We needn't your ridicules posted online, Sir!

Sorry for my English. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Great post Ashely D. Let's not forget the talks about a "Mediterranian Union which would create a modern Roman Empire.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What none of you seem to realize is that the OP said "Septemeber", not September.

Everyone knows that the month of Septemeber only exists in the 4th spacial and 5th temporal dimensions, between what we know as September and October, although just out of phase with our perception.

So if you are 4 dimensional being existing in 2 temporal dimensions; well.. you're kind of facked to be honest.. good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusSaves2008

JesusSaves2008
I loved the way you used Scripture to show your point. One cannot argue with the absolute truth and I believe the Word of God is absolute truth--- there are those who are deceived and in denial but it still doesn't change the truth. You are right even Jesus tells us that Our Father will provide a way of escape from sin and temptation, Our God is a loving and long-suffering Father--He loves His children--and like any good and loving father, He will provide a WAY(Jesus) to escape. What alot of people don't understand is that if you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, you don't belong to God the Father, they belong to their father, the devil(the father of lies). I also hear this "loving God" reply all the time from scoffers, but they don't realize, God isn't just love, He is holy--righteous --and we could never meet those standards on our own so we needed Someone to make the Way for us(Jesus)--it's simple, accept Jesus, turn from your current path(sin) and follow Jesus.I believe in a pre-trib rapture, and it doesn't matter when it happens, I just know that Jesus is coming--and it is soon--and I will be going home, see you there and we can chat !!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I just saw this on You Tube and it is very relevant to this thread. The guy breaks down the prophetic symbolism of the Jewish feasts and how Jesus fulfilled them and then shows how the next celebration on the 'prophetic time clock' is symbolic of the rapture. Then he also mentions some other things that tie into this thread.

He is not date-setting just saying if this is correct then we should be ready (of course he also tells us we should ALWAYS be ready- and this is true). He is not saying it is absolute fact anything will happen, he is just trying to give people a message. Please don't confuse his name of 'Daniel' with the 'Daniel' of the O.P. I've spoken with them both and they are two separate people.

Anyways, this is just interesting and a possibility. He makes it very clear he doesn't want us to all go out with sandwich boards in Time's Square saying the end is nigh. lol So when I watched this video just a little while ago, it reminded me of this thread and I thought I'd at least share.

[edit on 9/26/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

I believe the NT also says this
Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

I regard every day as the day the Lord hath made and I regard everyday as a holy day (as best I can ) ....so I dont believe I really need an other holy day when every day is holy to me ..Everyday I wake up I thank God and praise him for his mercy and love and tender kindness towards us all ...

That verse is not about which day to keep holy, if you read it in context (the whole chapter), it is talking about which days people choose to fast, and what they eat, it does not say the Holy days are done away with. Paul himself kept the holy days...

Acts 20:16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

Acts 20:6 And we sailed away from Philippi after the days of unleavened bread, and came unto them to Troas in five days; where we abode seven days.

1Corinthians 16:8 But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

All the apostles kept the day of Pentecost, even after the death of Christ...

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

They never celebrated Christmas or Easter, they are simply Pagan days that were Christianized centuries after the death of Christ. The prophecy in Zechariah 14 about the day of the Lord and the world afterwards says that those who do not celebrate the feast of tabernacles will be smitten with plagues.

The Holy days are still binding, they are a sign between God and his people...

Exodus 31:13 Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

Ezekiel 20:20 And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

God bless.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
oh my goodness.. every other day the world is ending on this site... The truth is we will never know until the moment it happens... and the rapture isn't predictable.. read the bible.. it say's no one will know.. and as long as you honestly think it is gonna happen it won't....

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Can we hurry it up please? Once all the Christians are gone, peace and harmony will be a snap.

So whats the timetable look like? In the next couple days right?

Can I have yall's homes when you leave? Any bank account numbers and pins will be appreciated too. You won't need em in heaven.

Cmon, I already got the Jews, Muslims and Hindu on the phone were writing up a peace accord as I write this. If you guys can do us a favor and hurry this process up we can get the ball rolling on bringing peace and harmony to the world

It will be great! We can curb racial intolerance by 80% and hostilities between Muslims and Jews will ease 70%

So chop chop on the rapture already. Ive got a going away party to set up. Just let me know the day yall are going to leave so I can set the party for the next day

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

So chop chop on the rapture already. Ive got a going away party to set up. Just let me know the day yall are going to leave so I can set the party for the next day

i'm always amazed when i read stuff like your post. you do realize that most christians are female? its the guys at the top who run the planet, who manipulate public opinion, including yours, to believe that it's just a religion full of old white guys, (tsk, tsk) and that its the root of the problem? not even remotely true.
you'll see. mark my words.
most humans are not the problem.

[edit on 27-9-2008 by undo]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join