It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dear Bone ....if you have read my posts ..you will see how many times I say I dont like date setting either ..Preparing ...studying watching for ..Thats what I suggest believers do ...not date setting ..I dont believe the person who made the video actually said IT IS FOR SURE gonna happen in September.

BUt as I pointed out in a few other posts .
How can you know if we are at the door of it all coming down(Prophecy fulfillment) ..If we are not WATCHING >.
And it also says ...no one can know the DAY or HOUR
That says to me there is chance we could possibly know the MONTH OR YEAR .
I said possibly ..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I read them....I see where your going. Problem is I have no reason to believe that this Suicide Prophecy is going to happen. The writer of Revelations "Paul" is suspect at best......this has been beat to death for 2000 years and like I said its never happened....give me something other than 1600 year writing to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this will happen. Do that and I will go along with what you say...

Thing I do not understand are folks so miserable on earth that they pray for their own demise? And what makes people think that this Rapture will be painless? Its not even in the Bible for heavens sake....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Do with it what you will Bone ..

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone Collector

Rapture ain't like the movies. The use of the word is exact of not being able to have a choice. The humans world is in a state of confusion and there fore most do not feel secure. The bible states an area of time that seems to match this period. You'll have to excuse those who thought they were suppose to commit you to that all too generous suicide of themselves.

Truth is it won't go down like any parts of revelations. "God told me so", he doesn't have time to make the end of this world so majestic. The human mind craves importance. The apostles seem to be fresh off any impression that a christ may have left. The freedom,of death, is euforic. The human mind could only dream of such a fantastic ending to itself.

I've been there, at the end, more peaceful, sounds like "oh", not painful, darkness falling over the earth, all to do this again!

Now why don't they believe thier prayers? This is ressurrection and there is nothing to be afraid of, it will all come again. 2029, trust me.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

So where does it say the "ELECT" are strictly the Jews? If you read throughout the bible it specifies the "ELECT" being Jews, Israel, Gentile Christians, and all patriarchs of God such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Daniel, Isaiah, and the Apostles. Matthew 24, better known as the "Olivet Prophecy" gives an account of the tribulation and nowhere in that account does Jesus specify a group of people vanishing before His return. The "trumpet of God" "Voice of God" argument sounds like nothing more than someone making the Bible say something that it's not saying. Now the bible does make an account of 2 resurrections but none before Christ returns. Your argument on the 3 harvests is correct.... however, you have it mixed up a bit. You have the harvest of the firstfruits which was Jesus Christ. You have the harvest of the ripe, seasoned fruit which is the first resurrection, and you have the general harvest which is to separate the good fruit from the bad fruit, or the seed from the tares which is the second resurrection..... the resurrection of Judgement.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
September 5th no Rapture yet.

And no different time line excuses either.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

it will all come again. 2029, trust me.

Yeah,yeah...just like it was suppose to come in 1000AD, Y2K need I go on? Now here comes 2012! Only sad part about this is we have to listen to it for another 4 years....

And no different time line excuses either.

You can bet you will get one thats for sure.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by Bone Collector]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
The bible states that jesus says that man will not know of the imminent return of christ for his thousand year reign, so by that very quote...this thread is null and void

Actually I would consider that posts null and void...this talks been going on for 2000 years nothing yet.......1000AD, the Y2K panic frankly I think its all just a religious suppression and scare tactic to keep people in line with a religious doctrine.........and if all this "Wolf Crying and ridiculous predicting keeps happening pretty soon this stuff is going to fall on deaf ears." And from reading a lot of the posts sounds like it already has.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

14 And the LORD said to me, "The prophets prophesy lies in My name. I have not sent them, commanded them, nor spoken to them; they prophesy to you a false vision, divination, a worthless thing, and the deceit of their heart. 15 Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who prophesy in My name, whom I did not send, and who say, 'Sword and famine shall not be in this land'—'By sword and famine those prophets shall be consumed! 16 And the people to whom they prophesy shall be cast out in the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and the sword; they will have no one to bury them—them nor their wives, their sons nor their daughters—for I will pour their wickedness on them.'
www.biblegateway.com...

corrie ten boon also warned against this (please note the following snippet was typed in upper case)

CORRIE TEN BOOM IN THIS LETTER BELOW COMMENTS ON THE PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE VIEW WHICH IS POPULAR TODAY. AND SHE RELAYS A WORD OF WARNING TO US IN THE WEST FROM THE SUFFERING YET VICTORIOUS UNDERGROUND CHURCH IN CHINA. SHE EXHORTS US TO PREPARE OURSELVES SPIRITUALLY IN CHRIST, IN HIS HOLY WORD, AND BY HIS HOLY SPIRIT FOR THE COMING TRIALS OF OUR FAITH. SHE TELLS OF THE CHINESE CHURCH IN A FORMER TIME BEING MISINFORMED, UNWARNED, AND ILL-PREPARED FOR THE PERSECUTIONS THAT BEGAN IN 1949 UNDER MAO TSE TUNG'S RED GUARDS. IN THIS LETTER CORRIE ALSO WARNS THAT CHRISTIANS IN THE WEST TODAY ARE ALSO IN DANGER OF FALLING INTO A SIMILAR DISASTER BORN OF PASTORAL NEGLECT AND UNPREPAREDNESS. CORRIE, IN CLASSIC DUTCH DIRECTNESS, PLAINLY STATES THAT THOSE WHO TEACH A PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE ARE AMONG THE FALSE TEACHERS JESUS WARNED US ABOUT. (-Mat.24:4-5) THIS IS AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS BLOOD COVENANT ISSUE. WE MUST DISCARD ALL OUR PRECONCEIVED NOTIONS AND FANCIES. LET US SEARCH THE HOLY SCRIPTURES WITH ALL DILIGENCE IN TRUE BEREAN FAITHFULNESS. NOWHWERE IN SCRIPTURE SHALL WE FIND ONE SINGLE VERSE TO PROVE THAT WESTERN CHRISTIAN BELIEVERS ARE "OUTTA HERE" BEFORE THE RESURRECTION AT THE END OF THIS AGE. HOLY HISTORY STILL AWAITS THE "FINAL WITNESS" OF THE SAINTS. THE TRUE CHRISTIAN CHURCH WILL PLAY THIS CRUCIAL ROLE IN THE END-TIME DRAMA. THE LATTER DAYS WILL SEE THE SAINTS GO UP ONTO THE STAGE OF HISTORY. BUT SAD TO REPORT, OUR PRESENT DAY LUKEWARM COMPROMISED LAODICEAN CHURCH IS SILENT ABOUT THIS. THE RELIGIOUS HIERARCHIES DO NOT SEEM TO THINK THAT SHARING THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION FROM BIBLE PROPHECY IS IMPORTANT. BUT MESSIAH'S RETURN IS AN ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY. HE HAS GIVEN US HIS WORD ON THE MATTER. AND CHRISTIANS WHO HOLD A BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW ARE PAYING ATTENTION AND TAKING THE INITIATIVE THEMSELVES. THEY ARE PREPARING THEIR HEARTS. SO IN THE MAINSTREAM CHURCHES THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST IS A NEGLECTED AND ALMOST FORGOTTEN TRUTH. "RELIGI-BUSINESS" COMES FIRST FOR THEM IT SEEMS. AND SO THESE WEIGHTIER MATTERS OF CHRISTIAN MINISTRY ARE BEING SORELY NEGLECTED. CHURCHMEN ARE FAILING TO WARN AND PREPARE COMFORTABLE WESTERN CHRISTIANS TO TAKE UP THEIR CROSS. VERY FEW CHRISTIANS ARE EVEN AWARE THAT AT SOME FUTURE TIME, (PROBABLY IN THEIR LIFETIME), THE NATIONAL FLAGS WILL COME DOWN AND THIS WORLD WILL ENTER INTO A NEW WORLD ORDER. AND JUST AS IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN IN THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, THE HISTORY OF THIS PRESENT AGE WILL ENTER INTO ITS FINAL PHASE. JESUS SAID THAT HIS FOLLOWERS WOULD BE CALLED UPON TO TAKE THEIR STAND BEFORE KINGS AND RULERS. BUT TODAY'S OVER-INDULGED WESTERN CHRISTIANS HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED THAT THE PEOPLE JESUS HAS SPOKEN ABOUT MIGHT BE THEM.
www.endtimepilgrim.org...

this is a time of preparation. whether the rapture occurs should not be the focal point, our hearts should be the focal point.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
[So where does it say the "ELECT" are strictly the Jews? If you read throughout the bible it specifies the "ELECT" being Jews, Israel, Gentile Christians, and all patriarchs of God such as Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Daniel, Isaiah, and the Apostles. ]

I believe that the Elect and the Saints are two different groups of people .
The Saints are the ones who are killed during the trib for not getting the mark.
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nation

The Elect
So since the term "elect" is used for both Israel and the church, and these three passages about the time of Jacob's trouble clearly are not speaking of the church, the term "elect" in Matthew 24:15-22 must be talking about the 1/3 of the Jews who will be taken on two wings of a great eagle into the wilderness to a place prepared for her. They are still elect even though they aren't taken in the harpazo because "elect" isn't a church-exclusive term. Israel is called God's elect as well. Isaiah 45:4
Revelation 12:13-16
And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
Israel is the woman of Revelation 12. What happens when she is taken into the wilderness and protected?

I am not saying I know this for 100 % sure but is worth looking into as a possibility dont you think ? I personally do not like to just believe as mainstream teaches because well they could be wrong in their interpretations right ?So I dig into it myself to find out for myself.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
[Matthew 24, better known as the "Olivet Prophecy" gives an account of the tribulation and nowhere in that account does Jesus specify a group of people vanishing before His return.]

I would need more time to answer this question...Just so you know it has only been recently that I started to dig deep into this.I want to learn the truth not just what we have been taught ..since I know for a fact that some of what the Churchs have taught was not all 100 % fact ..they have been wrong in many interpretations ..I am wanting to find the truth ..you cant fault me for that .

[The "trumpet of God" "Voice of God" argument sounds like nothing more than someone making the Bible say something that it's not saying. ]

So are you saying that Paul knew about the book of Rev and the seven trumpets before it was even written ?NO in fact all he knew was about all of the trumpets that were blow according to Jewish customs from the OT>
They blew trumpets for many occasions and many traditions ...And there was accounts of a GREAT trumpet *(At the time when the Israelites were called to the Mount to meet God ..I believe this to be the same trump as the one in Thess.....I am willing to hear anything though that would change my mind on that ....I am not set yet in my interpretation of anything ..again I just want to know the truth )
Also are you saying then that the Trump of God is the same as the Angels who blow the trumpets in Rev? Because I would like to know why one says TRUMP of God (Notice it does not say TRUMPETS with an S ...but only one TRUMP)And the Rev says trumpets ..Not to mention how can A trump of God and Seven Angels with trumpets be the same thing ?

As far as the Barley harvest ...have you done any digging at all into that ?
Barley harvest has TWO seperate reapings .

"Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firsifruits of your harvest unto the priest: And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.. .And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave-offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meal-offering unto the Lord" Leviticus 23:10f, 15-17

In the above verses we see the firstfruits of two separate harvests, and these two harvests are separated by a period of fifty days.

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept... But every man in his own order: Christ the first fruits afterward they that are Christ's at His coming" (1 Cor.1 5:20, 23).

It was on Firstfruits, the first Sunday after Passover, when the empty tomb of Yeshua was discovered. While Israel's risen Messiah was walking the streets of Jerusalem that day as the firstfruits of the resurrection, Israel's priests were in the Temple waving the firstfruits of the barley harvest before a torn veil that now represented access to the Presence of God through the death of the Messiah. (See Mt. 27:51 and Heb. 10:19-22). Biblically speaking, the anniversary of the Resurrection should be called "First Fruits," not "Easter," a word derived from the name of the Anglo-Saxon pagan fertility goddess.

The Lord instructed His people to count off fifty days (seven Sabbaths plus a day) from Firstfruits to the Feast of Shavuot ("weeks"), a day which the New Testament calls Pentecost (Greek for "the fiftieth day"). This is the second harvest mentioned in our passage from Leviticus 23. On this day there was to be "a new meal offering,~ two loaves of bread baked with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest. In addition to wheat, the Israelites brought the firstfruits of six other products of the Promised Land. The seven products are listed in Deuteronomy 8:8, where the Lord describes Israel as "a land of wheat and barley and vines and fig trees and pomegranates; a land of olive oil and date-honey." The Mishnah (in Bikkurim ch.3) describes how the Israelites brought the firstfruits to the Temple in an elaborate procession that included flute-playing, oxen with their horns overlaid with gold and wearing olive-leaf wreathes, and gold- and silver-covered baskets to hold the fruits.

According to Jewish tradition, Shavuot is the anniversary of the giving of the Torah. It is also the anniversary of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the first Messianic believers in Jerusalem:
"And when the day of Pentecost [Shavuot] was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." (Acts 2:1 -4)

There are two parts to Barley harvests
1And Naomi had a kinsman of her husband's, a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech; and his name was Boaz.

2And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi, Let me now go to the field, and glean ears of corn after him in whose sight I shall find grace. And she said unto her, Go, my daughter.

3And she went, and came, and gleaned in the field after the reapers: and her hap was to light on a part of the field belonging unto Boaz, who was of the kindred of Elimelech.

A Reaping then a gleaning after it is threshed ..
Sounds like the Rapture is the reaping and the threshing are those left behind who will get purified during the trib...Which I believe this is the same as the seperating of the sheep and the goats ..the sheep during the horrible trials to come on them during the trib will be purified and the goats will just be goats ...And it is these sheep that the AC overcomes and kills .They did not die to self before the trib..they will have to die for him then during the trib.
That is just my opinion of course.

Sure I may be wrong ...but I will continue to study this till I get some answers .

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Hey Loco I wanted you to know that I am not trying to make up anything or read anything into anything that is not there..
It is just like the situation with the Elections .>We have the Right,the Left
I personally believe the truth is in between those two ..As the Right has some things that they are right on about ..and the Left has some things they are right on about ...So I stand in between those two ..taking from both sides and determining myself what I think is right between those two .
I do the same with Pretrib verse post trib ..and well the Prewrath (which has so many holes its unreal) I see some problems in some of the interpretations in Pretrib and some problems in the interpretations of the Post tribs ..So I am finding my own middle ground using both sides ..taking some of this and some of that from each one and finding out myself what is the truth ..
I usually find the truth somewhere between the two ...
But only if I study both sides and do my own reading and studying of the verses they use that determines why they believe what they do .
I believe both sides are right and both sides are wrong ...Right about some things and wrong about others ...Neither have really found the complete truth yet if you ask me .Because they get set and dont do anymore digging deeper to see the whole picture ..
Thats all I am trying to do ...DIG DEEPER ..
You cant fault me for that can you ?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And all these Biblical posts prove what? Seems to me your trying to justify why its not happening.

Interesting verse:

AD 30 Jesus. According to Matthew 16:28, Jesus himself predicted his second coming and the end of the world within the lifetime of his contemporaries.

Notice how the end was suppose to come within the lifetime of his contemporaries. Now this comes from the Bible so apparently the apostles expected this dooms day event within their life time which did not happen. Notice the key words "Jesus himself predicted" that pretty much says it all. And we all know that the contradictions in Matthew,Mark and Luke run rampant.

So Jesus predicted his own Second Coming 1600 years ago only it did not happen then either.....so bascially we are talking about a 3rd Coming or is it 4th?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Bone I am just digging to find the truth ....in the word ...between many different interpretations .......finding that middle ground where the truth usually lies .....many believers skim the word ..and miss some things in it ..they also misinterperate ..you know that ...I am wanting every piece I can find to get to the bottom of it ...thats all I am doing ..trying to finish a puzzle but needing all the pieces to put it together ..and I do believe it is all in the word it just requires deep prayer ,deep studying,deep understanding ...and the main thing the Holy Spirit opening up the scriptures to us where we can understand ...

As far as there being contradictions I dont believe that ..I believe that people who are not paying attention ..cross referencing etc are not seeing the whole picture and missing details etc ... and will think it is contradictions when in fact they are not they are just pieces to the puzzle that are hidden within other scriptures ....the scriptures are not as plain cut and dried as the LITERALISTS think they are ......If the bible was so easy to read and understand then wouldnt we all have it figured out by now and we sure would not need the HOLY SPIRIT then to help us understand it .The word says it was written by INSPIRATION of the HOLY SPIRIT ..therefor it takes the HOLY SPIRIT to be in us in order to understand it wouldnt it ?
The Holy Spirit was sent to TEACH US ALL THINGS ...and to open up the LIVING WORD so that we would understand (which is what the Lord said his word is a LIVING WORD ) .....Holy Spirit inspired.

Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jhn 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Jhn 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

PS ..I am not wanting to be right ..or wrong .....I want to know because I am curious and I love my Lord very much and would like to know as much as he would like to teach me ..
I HUNGER for understanding and he IS FEEDING ME daily his word...so that someday I can understand .....................I am not satisfied in being spoon fed by the Organized religions ...I want it straight from the Lord ..and I want to do my own studying and find out the whole truth and nothing but the truth ..

I dont care if there is a rapture or not really I am ready to die for him ...if thats what will be ..then thats what will be ...does not matter to me either way ...I just want to know as much as I can ........plain and simple to me ...
Sorry you cant understand that Bone ...

[edit on 5-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
None huh?

God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

Which one of the above is it?

War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

Which is he? God of War or God of Peace?

Snakes, while built low, do not eat dirt

GEN 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Righteous live?

PSA 92:12: "The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree."

ISA 57:1: "The righteous perisheth, and no man layeth it to heart."

Need more? I would say they are plenty here. Need a link?

www.infidels.org...

Heres more:

Gospel Contradictions:

1) How many generations were there between Abraham to David? Matthew 1:17 lists fourteen generations. Matthew 1:2 lists thirteen generations.

Which one is it 14 or 13?

15) Matthew 2:15, 19 & 21-23 The infant Christ was taken into Egypt. Luke 2:22 & 39 The infant Christ was NOT taken to Egypt.

Was he or was he not taken to Egypt?

21) Can one pray in public? (Matthew 6:5-6) Jesus condemned public prayer. (1 Timothy 2:8) Paul encouraged public prayer.

Which one is it public prayer or not?

Lists goes on:

www.evilbible.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone Collector

www.thedevineevidence.com...

Not sure why you are being so antagonistic to that member but there you go, BC. Enjoy your quest for truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Edit: Retracted. I was just being catty but shouldn't have been.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My off topic preaching is too prove a point and I am not off topic. Rationalizing everything away will not help whats already been proven as myth. Your link does nothing but as I said "rationalize away the facts....if this Rapture is so real how come it as failed to materialize the last 2000 years. Jesus himself even said his Second Coming would be before his contemporaries were gone it did not happen.

And do not use the verse no man knows the time or day cause apparently Jesus does not either.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Proven as myth?

Care to explain?

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone Collector
My off topic preaching is too prove a point and I am not off topic. Rationalizing everything away will not help whats already been proven as myth. Your link does nothing but as I said "rationalize away the facts....if this Rapture is so real how come it as failed to materialize the last 2000 years. Jesus himself even said his Second Coming would be before his contemporaries were gone it did not happen.

And do not use the verse no man knows the time or day cause apparently Jesus does not either.

Um. Ok. You updated your comment after I replied.

Anyways, do you really want to know? Because I've explained all of that before on ATS a bazillion and one times. I will hunt down the links for you if you really want to know. However, if you just want to argue and nothing will convince you, then I'm not going to waste my time. And so far, it only looks like you are interested in an argument instead of truth. This is apparent to me because the link answering the bible contradictions you posted is solid but you claim it's just 'explaining away' the alleged errors. If you'd like, let's get to the bottom of your issue regarding the timing of then versus now. If not, then I really don't have anything further to discuss.

[edit on 9/5/2008 by AshleyD]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join