It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture Septemeber 2008

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone

No ...and for your info no one is making you read these threads ....if it scares you then I would suggest not reading them...its really very simple..

I would ask you the same
If Aliens do not show up will you publically denounce your belief in them ?
If it turns out that the NWO is all bs ..will you publically denounce your belief in them ??

You see this is just childish to even ask someone that kind of question ..

OPPS did I mess up when doing the quotes ?
Sorry I am still learning how to do the quote thingy........

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

It dosen't scear me so much as it pisses me off...!!!

I am not a cristian. I am infact a follower of no particular religion, though I do lean towards the Ideals of Druids & Wickens.

I am a very good prson, I give when I can to charity & I help little old ladies across the road & open doors to let others pass by first.

I Will not become involved with any religion totally nor will I bow to anyone telling me what to do or how to feel or act.

Even if christ were to re-appear, I will not bow to him & submit my whole life to him & his word. I respect Christ and I respect what he stands for.

But I'm just not the type who likes to join clubs...lol

Hope he takes that into consideration if he really dose start picking ppls up & carting them away...

What ticks me off is that Christians are all under the impression that when Rapture happens, it will ""Only be good christians"", who are saved & anyone else (good or bad who isn't a christian", stays behind to fend for themselves. So If we want to be saved, we must become Cristians.

So I guess I'm gunna have to take my chances.

See you back on ATS when its all over..lol

[edit on 8/30/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Quote [Even if christ were to re-appear, I will not bow to him & submit my whole life to him & his word. I respect Christ and I respect what he stands for.
But I'm just not the type who likes to join clubs...lol]

That is totally your choice no one will force you and even if you did come to the Lord being forced ..it would not count anyway ..so I suggest not doing it at all .
I am really glad to hear that you at least respect him .
And I am not in any club either ...not even a church ..so we agree there.

[Hope he takes that into consideration if he really dose start picking ppls up & carting them away...]

The bible does say that he will have mercy on who he will have mercy on and he is a God of mercy so you very well could be right on that

(But beware)
Pro 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh [them] shall have mercy.

Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will [have mercy], and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

[What ticks me off is that Christians are all under the impression that when Rapture happens, it will ""Only be good christians"", who are saved & anyone else (good or bad who isn't a christian", stays behind to fend for themselves. So If we want to be saved, we must become Cristians.]

Would you whip all your children (even the ones who did not partake in the evil deed whatever it may have been ?
or would you ask the kids to leave the room while the one who did it his whipping ?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
"Sorry, you were left behind".

Nothing would please the Christians more than getting saved and seeing the rest of the non-believers parish. It would be the reward at last after being "misunderstood" all these years wouldnt it...

I wish I could see the face of Christians when they realize they are not special at all, and they will die just like everybody else once the # hits the fan.

I guess the tomb stone will read "Sorry, you were not special".

By the way, there was another thread about a spaceship coming in September 2008. Maybe to pick you guys up?

Have a nice trip.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Quote [Nothing would please the Christians more than getting saved and seeing the rest of the non-believers parish. It would be the reward at last after being "misunderstood" all these years wouldnt it...]

I am sure there will be some who would feel that way ..but in my opinion of that is that they wouldnt go up either and the bible says that as well ..in fact if you would read it you would see that it says many will say Lord Lord and havent I done this that and the other for you and they will have many things good they have doing in his name ..and he says to them I KNEW YOU NOT ...and will not be allowed in .

[I wish I could see the face of Christians when they realize they are not special at all, and they will die just like everybody else once the # hits the fan.]

I am pretty sure that no one will much care what anybody else was is or has been doing during that horrible time .

[I guess the tomb stone will read "Sorry, you were not special".]

Everyone likes to think they are special ,and guess what we are all special in our own ways arnt we ?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Everyone likes to think they are special ,and guess what we are all special in our own ways arnt we ?

I would prefer the term unique really. But yes, everybody is different, although I dont understand why people believe in a religion that separates people into good or bad based on their beliefs and behavior.

Who are we (or God) to judge if a murderer is evil? Maybe he was born with uncontrollable urges to kill. We have no idea what its like to be him. The bible even talks about walking in another mans shoes and not judging, doesnt it?

The real kicker is... if God creates people, he also creates the ones we think are evil. Are the evil ones supposed to go against what every fiber in their body are telling them, or burn in hell? Thats quite a nice challenge, considering the rest of us who doesnt get the challenge at all pretty much get a free card into heaven then I guess.

But like the Bible says... all sinners need to do is to pray for forgiveness. So I can go out and rape and pillage and then say Im sorry (and mean it) and Im OK.

At least in the old times you had to pay money so someone else could tell you that God forgives you. I believe it made the Church the most profitable organization in the world for a long time. Almost sounds like a human idea to make money off other peoples beliefs, doesnt it.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Quote [ I dont understand why people believe in a religion that separates people into good or bad based on their beliefs and behavior.]
Everyone does that not just religions ...do you not tell your children they cannot and should not hang with ganstas and theifs etc ?Do you not seperate yourself from people who are evil and vile and do bad things ?

[Who are we (or God) to judge if a murderer is evil? Maybe he was born with uncontrollable urges to kill. We have no idea what its like to be him. The bible even talks about walking in another mans shoes and not judging, doesnt it?]
We as a society do that dont we ? We throw people in jail ..we have a death penalty ...dont you think sometimes it is justifiable ?
And no we arnt to judge but do we not still judge what is right and wrong ?Is that judging ? yes it is ...We can judge by others fruits (thats what the word says) if they be bad fruit we are to discard them (dont you pick out the dead smelly rotten fruit out of the fruit bowl so the rest of the fruit doesnt rot with it ? I mean think about it ..

[The real kicker is... if God creates people, he also creates the ones we think are evil. Are the evil ones supposed to go against what every fiber in their body are telling them, or burn in hell? Thats quite a nice challenge, considering the rest of us who doesnt get the challenge at all pretty much get a free card into heaven then I guess.]
Yes he does create them too ...and yes the evil ones are supposed to learn control and self discipline etc (They do not do it)..in fact they even love doing what they do ....they made that CHOICE ..no one made them that way ..except them (and when you do evil thats when satan enters in and takes over ..because THEY LET HIM ..they INVITED him in by doing those things that satan loves to do ) Do you not agree that there are consequences for every action ?When someone continues to do bad ugly hateful things living life just for himself being glutinous not giveing a crap for any other ...etc Then they will not have a concience left to even change ...they get so engrossed and kill their concience to the point that they harden their hearts and may never ever change ... The word says if they choose death death is what they will get ..If they choose life ..life is what they will get ...Jesus did what he did so we have that choice now ..Life with him for eternal or death with the world when it is burned to be recreated or renewed ..

[But like the Bible says... all sinners need to do is to pray for forgiveness. So I can go out and rape and pillage and then say Im sorry (and mean it) and Im OK.]
If that is what they believe then they are sorely mistaken and very misguided and more than likely are not believers nor have they read the word at all .

[At least in the old times you had to pay money so someone else could tell you that God forgives you. I believe it made the Church the most profitable organization in the world for a long time. Almost sounds like a human idea to make money off other peoples beliefs, doesnt it.]
I AGREE with you for sure on this one ..
So darn you mean I am supposed to send you a bill too LOL >?

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I look forward to being left behind. I have the feeling my hometown in particular would be a much more pleasant place to live without all of the silly Church-oriented 'small town politics.'

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I saw your little spill on my "Matthew 24:29-31 comment. All I have to say is that nowhere does it say these elect spoken of in Matt 24 are the ones left behind. Did you not read the other verses? The "Rapture" verse even says they will be called in the air on the "Last Trumpet" or "Trumpet of God" which are one in the same..... the 7th trumpet announcing the return of Jesus Christ. The whole notion of "Pre-trib" rapture was not even a thought until the 3rd century, well after the death of Christ and his original Apostles. The idea of this "Left Behind" scenario wasn't even popular until the late 19th century and now with Tim Lahaye's library of "fiction" books.

My personal beliefs are all supported by the bible but ponder on this for a minute. The tribulation is suppose to be the worst time in human history right? Now, for true christians, the ultimate test of their faith would probably be around this time. Instead of a get out of jail free card, maybe christians are meant to stay too in order to bring as many people into eternal life as possible.

Also, did you not read the rest of my post? What did you think of my spill on heaven? Do you think you're going to heaven? Do you think the unrepentant will burn forever in hell? I don't think so on either of those because the bible tells me so. I am a christian but when you get an idea like body and spirit separating and entering a spiritual domain of heaven or hell and then realize it's not even true, something changes. I grew up a baptist and we were taught that good christians go to heaven and bad people burn in hell. After reading the bible from Genesis to Revelation for myself, I have discovered that Jesus is the only man to ever enter heaven (John 3:13) and that hell in the old testament is the hebrew word "sheoul" which means "death". New testament translations of hell are "hades" which means "grave"..... "Tartarus" which means means "Tartaroo" or a place where greeks believed their evil gods would go to be bound up, basically a mythical abyss which is what Peter described for Satan's confinement for 1000 years..... and finally the word "gehenna" which means "Valley of Hinnom", a place on the south side of Jerusalem where the city dump was located and always burned with trash and the body of animal and prisoner carcases. Jesus used "gehenna" as a metaphore for unrepentant sinners upon judgement who would be thrown into the lake of fire and die in the 2nd death..... NOT BURN FOREVER in spiritual form.

So I basically claimed my faith on what the bible says and not on what tradition of MAN has passed down from generation to generation. I believe christians and non-christians alike will endure the tribulation because there's no true support on a pre-trib rapture. Only a 1st and 2nd resurrection. The "ELECT" Jesus speaks of in Matthew 24, I can only conclude to be the elected people God chose as rulers and priests with Christ during the 1000 year reign of peace on earth..... which is a time where people are still living, giving birth, dieing, etc.... just with spiritual rulers in their life and no sin. It's a lesson God is teaching us. 6000 years of man's rule...no peace achieved. 1000 years under the rulership of Christ and it's the most prosperous and peaceful time in human history. There is no end to this world when Jesus returns.... at least not for another 1000 years after the Judgement resurrection when the new Heaven and New earth are created along with the New Jerusalem on earth v2.0.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
If you really know your bible then how can you explain the fact that Revelation and the seven trumpets were not even written about when that letter was written to the Thessolonians.Paul could not have known about them yet ..they didnt exist at that time of his letters ...
Another thing your not catching is this
Rev 8:2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
Notice it says the seven trumpets are the voices of the angels ....it is angels who blow these last final trumpets ..
Yet Thess says the trump of God ...(trump meaning Voice )
Like these trumpets
Exd 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that [was] in the camp trembled.
Exd 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw [it], they removed, and stood afar off.

Here are the trumpets of the angels again ..
Rev 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
Ok now notice this ..*(This is after the sixth angel trumpet )
This is midway through the trib at some point when the two witnesses show up ..(Prior to the mark of the beast ...the two witnesses preach the gospel to them one last time .. )>

Rev 11:7 ¶ And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

Rev 11:8 And their dead bodies [shall lie] in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:11 ¶ And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
((( I do not see anyone else going up with these two witnesses ..it just says they went ..so midtrib is out of the question isnt it ?)

Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
(That great voice from heaven is not one the seven trumps is it ? No its the trump of God who calls these two witnesses up to heaven too ) ...

Now here comes the seventh trumpet
Rev 11:15 ¶ And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become [the kingdoms] of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

I mean at least its worth a second look at isnt it ..
To make sure your putting all the facts together on what it says ?
Some people completely miss things because they didnt read it close enough ..and they miss key descriptive words that can mess up the whole interpretation .......

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
PS ..I am not saying that your wrong and I am right at all ..
I am just saying come on lets reason together and read it carefully and both be prepared to find out we could be reading it wrong and interpreting it wrong .
I am prepared to tell you that I may be wrong ..and I might be ..

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I like your reasoning. My beliefs also stem from historic teachings of the Rapture which were not popular among early christians. Paul may have wrote the rapture verse in the bible but it didn't necessarily mean a "pre-trib" rapture. He wrote to the corinthians and gave them this message in order to comfort them because they were uneasy about the return of Christ. Loved ones were dieing and as a traditional Jew, once dead, you stay dead and hope you left a good impression for future generations. Paul explained that the members of the church of God in Corinth who have died will indeed resurrect into life once again and that they would go before those left alive. Take it how you want to but there's 2 different degrees of interpretation with the rapture and though I was on your page with those beliefs a little over a year ago, I am now finding it harder to believe due to biblical and historic research. All I can say is if you're Christian, God will protect you. The woman in labor pains described in Revelation is God's church and His people will be protected from the wrath poured out to the bearers of the Mark. Point is, pre or post-trib, if you're christian, you will be protected. And on a side note, the 2 witnesses will prophecy in the final 3 1/2 years. They die and are called up 3 1/2 days after they died ultimately resulting in the first two called up to rapture. This is the return of Christ. Christ only returns once. When He does, He stays for good. Also you still haven't commented on my other findings like the heaven and hell issues. I'd like to hear your opinions on that. Peace be with you and God bless.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is dangerous stuff and funny as well....there has been what over 200 end time predictions since 46 BC and how many have came true? None. September 2008 will pass with no end...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That woman in Rev who gets protected during the last three and 1/2 years are in my opinion the converted Jews Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.(Notice these are the REMNANT OF THE SEED OF THE WOMAN)
the seed of the original branches that he promised to protect .They wont be in any rapture but will be going in alive into the millinium.(these are the ones who will be taught of the Lord during his thousand year reign on earth)
They will be protected in the WILDERNESS .
The word says there will be children born in the millinium ..there has to be people then who bare them right ?
If those people are in the wilderness then who are these people ?
Job 39:12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather [it into] thy barn?
Hag 2:19 Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth: from this day will I bless [you].
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Mat 13:33 ¶ Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened
NOtice it says THREE MEASURES .......(THREE GATHERINGS >.THREE HARVESTS)

Ok you do know dont you that there are three harvests in Israel right ?
Also three Feast seasons within a year known as
Passover, Pentecost and Tabernacles.
These Feast seasons are naturally connected with the three harvests the
barley- wheat- and grape harvest, because they take place at the same time as these harvests.
the early spring harvest, the latter spring harvest and the fall harvests
Passover =Spring Harvest =Barley (Christ the FIRST of the FIRSTFRUITS)
Pentecost=Summer Harvest =Wheat (Raptured people)
Tabernacles =Winter =Barley (the last harvest )

Now just do some digging into those harvests and tell me there is only one gathering of fruits that takes place.
And there is only one comeing left of Christ I agree with .
But there are still TWO harvests left to go ..Harvests are not the same as his return ...
The Lord and those who rose with him at his first comeing are the FIRST of the FIRSTFRUITS ...that implys that there is more than one first fruit gathering (Spring fruits,summer fruits,winter fruits )
Just think about all of that for a bit ok ?

[edit on 2-9-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Can we get through this first then I would gladly give my opinion of the Heaven and Hell situation ..

Hey Bone ...it could be if someone were banking more on being raptured than they are on just being ready and watching and waiting for his return ..
He says to watch ..he told ALL to watch ..Watching means you keep track of events that are happening in our world right now ..so you will see that we are right at the doors of it all takiing place just like he said it would ....and you will prepare for it to be anyday ........

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Nothing will happen..........I know its hard for some to accept since they want doomsday to happen but its just not in the cards. These failed prophcies have come and gone with no end result sorry but it is just a hoax of no consequence to me...........prophecy predictions, and I see you use the bible but the prophets of the Bible left the interpretations so open ended that any thing that remotely resembles the prophetic event could be called true....

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
[but the prophets of the Bible left the interpretations so open ended that any thing that remotely resembles the prophetic event could be called true]

If the truth couldnt be found out in it then why on earth would they even bother to have written it down for us to STUDY ?
You have to STUDY it and dig in it and cross reference to put all the pieces of the puzzle together to find the gems in it ..

When you go pan for gold ..or go to a diamond mine ..Do you just walk over and find the gems and diamonds right as you walk up the mines sitting right on top of the dirt ?
No ...you have to dig and pan for gold and you have to dig and pick through the rock to get to the diamonds ..then there is a whole other process to end up with an end result of a SHINY GOLD NUGGET or a SHINY POLISHED DIAMOND>

Think on that for a bit ..

Let me ask you this ..did you learn your times tables while in school ..in just one day ? (I know its a horrible example but its all I could think of LOL )

[since they want doomsday to happen ]
NOBODY wants doomsday to happen ...we just cant wait till it is the LORD ruling our world and all sin and pain and hate and death are no MORE ...

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I wanted to add something from a few posts up

Yet Thess says the trump of God ...(trump meaning Voice )
Like these trumpets
Exd 19:16 And it came to pass on the third day in the morning, that there were thunders and lightnings, and a thick cloud upon the mount, and the voice of the trumpet exceeding loud; so that all the people that [was] in the camp trembled.
Exd 20:18 And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw [it], they removed, and stood afar off.
Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, [yet man] perceiveth it not.
(he spoke once at the Mount of God in Exd.20..he will speak one more time at the calling up of the saints (last trump(Voice) of God where he speaks (also notice it says YET MAN PERCEIVETH IT NOT (oh ye of little faith) then after that he says he will speak face to face with us during the reign of Christ .

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Remember the "six score and ten" curse? I'll be 69 in 2029, six months later no more you. I've got it down to a science since this is like the 50th ressurection period and nobody realizes it. 2015 was a good guess until I went through one of the periods until I died.

Your world has been preserved through my soul how lucky can you be

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

If the truth couldnt be found out in it then why on earth would they even bother to have written it down for us to STUDY ?

Understand. But read between the lines. You almost get the feeling the prophets fully intended to be here when all this comes down. Interpretations are too broad and do not point to a specific event. I do notice one thing that the prophets of then were smart enough not to do and that was give dates. Give you an example, this Rapture everyone keeps harping about. Well in the year 1000 it was suppose to happen did not, Y2K was suppose to be the end of all humanity did not happen.....you can only cry wolf so much until folks ignore you totally............

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join