It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattle/other animals shown to align north-south

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

that is a very good point you made about the gate very plausible, i just wonder how to explain the wild deer doing the same thing

[edit on 26-8-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Maybe its because cattle tend to stay along fence lines which run north and south, east and west.

Holy smokin research.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

They could be protecting themselves from the harsh weather. Deer are weird though. I know cause I used to hunt them. Those little buggers are smart....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Deer are incredibly stupid! They are amongst the simplest to hunt.

(why do animals try to run in front of cars anyways)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I picture lots of headboards in corners rather than along the flat surface of a wall.

Not true. If you look at a map of most cities, the streets on on grid pattern, meaning they lie North/South, East/West. They don't put houses cockeyed to the street, they line up with them somehow, but not necessarily always the front of the house. Similarly, rooms in houses aren't lined up in all sorts of weird directions. The walls also line up North/South, East/West. So of course if your headboard is against the wall your feet/head are going to be pointing in one of those four directions.

I know my city very well so wherever I've lived I know exactly which direction the house is facing, I know where the room was and I know which wall my headboard was lined up against. One or two of the cities that I couldn't remember what the orientation of it was, I looked up the map and found out. Naturally from there I know which direction my house faced, where the room was, which wall my bed was lined up against and which way my head/feet were pointing.

I guess I sound defensive because it seems like you MIGHT be suggesting some of us are making this up.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Deer are incredibly stupid! They are amongst the simplest to hunt.

(why do animals try to run in front of cars anyways)

They don't TRY to run in front of cars. They don't think "I gotta watch out for those cars" and are usually just standing in the road when they get hit in an area they inhabit. Some deer just stand there because deer have very poor eyesight and most likely all they see is two fuzzy bright lights coming toward them and are awestruck. They don't see giant speeding car hurtling toward them, just the lights.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Interesting. Now that I think about it, I sleep with my feet pointing west and head east.

I believe I slept the same direction at my previous residence, if I remember correctly.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bit of a flightschool myth here but we've been told that often farm animals stick their behind into the wind.. so if your engine dies and you have no reference to wind direction for whatever reason that'd be a possible source of info to use.

I'm highly skeptical of that theory though...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join