It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple question from an alien/ufo novice.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for a few months now. I have mixed it up mainly in the political and science threads. When it comes to ufos, I've been doing a lot of reading but other than a general curiosity, I lack any in depth knowledge.

I see there are theories on reptilians, greys, and others, GFL, etc...

The one thing that stands out to me, is something hat humans often do when they observe their environment, which is to see a lot of things from an anthropomorphic perspective.

I should also point out that from my own spirituality, I hold a deeply felt conviction, that all things alive in the universe, including humans, will eventually evolve into light.

So my question is the following:

Why can't any intelligent "alien" life form be manifested as light?
Or be so small as to have spaceships the size of quarks?
Or be intelligent bacteria?

You see where I'm going with this. I guess what sometimes confuses me is this relatively "narrow" view of all the different ways that intelligent life could potentially manifest itself. In fact it would seem that the disc shaped "space ship" with some means of propulsion would be the least practical way to make one's way through the universe.

In any case, I just wanted to ask for your expert opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ill answer your questions firstly they can manifest like light because they travel through space with the speed of light, and secondly I think they wont like to be reduced to the size of a quark and thirdly they are not bacteria but intelligent species far more intelligent than us humans.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Interesting, but why would you believe things evolve into light? Light as in photons?

'light' isn't sentient. It has no internal workings that would enable it it 'do it's own thing'

What makes us, 'us' are the reactions that take place in our brains which are made up from atoms - the building blocks of matter.

Again because quarks are so damn small (they actually make up the smaller particles within atoms), nothing structurely complex such as life could be contained within them. Such things would need to be built with atoms.

And it might be possible, highly intelligent species exist that resemble bacteria to us exist elsewhere. I can't deny this one, who knows what might evolve on some planets.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by science lol]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by science lol
Interesting, but why would you believe things evolve into light? Light as in photons?

It's simply that I is my opinion that eventually all things alive evolve beyond the need for a physical form and remain as pure energy or light.

I actually did not mean to make that a central issue in my OP, it was more to show one alternative way that "alien" intelligent life might manifest itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I guess what I'm getting at is that we don't seem to discuss or generally consider non-anthropomorphic intelligent alien life.

Other Biological Life Forms - On Earth, organisms such as dolphins and cetaceans, which are thought to be highly intelligent and yet non-human; theoretically, other planets may possess corollaries to these as non-anthropomorphic intelligent biological life forms.

Wikipedia CSETI

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You make a very good point, and I will do my best to answer it with as much knowledge as I can.

It is entirely possible that the beings we call "Extra Terrestrials" could include beings that are pure engery, or light, as you put it.

In fact no one can say that sightings of Angels, which are beings of pure energy, aren't actually sightings of aliens. The sightings are simply being misinterpreted by Christians. It makes perfect sense if you believe in aliens...

So I believe the reason it's not discussed is simply that we don't really know how to accurately interpret all that is paranormal. Even experts tend to disagree at times... I think that all things paranormal will never be fully understood until we reach a higher form of enlightenment.

Until then we're simply interpreting it from the wrong perspective, and that's my two cents on the subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

the reason is becuase it sounds more believable when these crackpots tell their stories. I mean if they came out with a description that sounds like a walking dolphin even the hardened believers would have trouble swallowing it becuase its outside of their own experience of what intelligent beings look like (human)

im sure sci-fi plays a big role we're naturally more comforatble with aliens who look like us, it makes believers more willing to accept and easier for them to part with their cash on the latest alien book/dvd

[edit on 26-8-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_watcher

So I believe the reason it's not discussed is simply that we don't really know how to accurately interpret all that is paranormal. Even experts tend to disagree at times... I think that all things paranormal will never be fully understood until we reach a higher form of enlightenment.

Until then we're simply interpreting it from the wrong perspective, and that's my two cents on the subject.

That actually makes a lot of sense. It's not that I am some great skeptic, and I tend to believe that we are not alone in the universe. It just seems that we spend an inordinate amount of time searching for intelligent life in the least likely places it might manifest.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

An interesting thread. As for all life evolving into light, wouldn't that be a bit boring?

I do agree when it comes to extraterrestrials, we can only guess (and use eyewitness accounts from people who have witnessed them or have been abducted). They may have microbe sized entities, or plasma entities (I watch to much "Star Trek"). It is all much conjecture at this point.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Life evolving microscopically would be difficult because it greatly decreases the potential complexity of it. You can't really make tiny spaceships the size of quarks because a single metal molecule wold be the same size as you are... try making a frying pan if the smallest piece of steel/iron you could make was 5 feet tall, without it breaking into separate molecules.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't know about tiny ALIENS, but flying, self-replicating nano-machines? I think it's more than likely that an alien civilization would be using these kinds of things to probe for interesting phenomena throughout the cosmos. It's entirely possible that some tiny exploratory machines have already been here, and just went undetected due to their small size.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

An interesting thread. As for all life evolving into light, wouldn't that be a bit boring?

No worries, a lot of really cool stuff would happen on the way.
We don't all get shortcuts like my avatar.
And we have a loooooong way to go before we are literally enlightened.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
So my question is the following:
Why can't any intelligent "alien" life form be manifested as light?

At the moment, we don't know of any way that intelligence as we understand it can be contained or function within a structure of light, or any kind of EM field. Maybe it can, but that is outside our understanding at the moment.

Or be so small as to have spaceships the size of quarks?
Or be intelligent bacteria?

There does seem to be a kind of physical limit to the size something can be and still transmit complex information, which is a requirement for intelligence to exist as we know it. Energy can be transmitted on certain levels, but nothing very complex.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Light comes from the displacement of electrons in atoms.

There is no other explanation for light.
Atheists and Christians alike know this scientific fact.

An accepted theory is the we remain as we were but live forever
in another world (i.e heaven).

Perhaps in groups of dis info agents and truth tellers.

Not unless the powers of heaven came down and arranged
some miracle, I have not heard of much else strange happening.

ED: There is a science, sounded like ecology, that defines why life
forms have specific sizes.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Everything is looked at from the perspective of what we "know" about light, sizes, heaven, etc ...

It's like looking out the window with binoculars and making assumptions about the universe from what we see.

Everything has to be qualified with "as far as we know."
The one thing we DO know, is that we barely know anything.

What WE know has not led us to travel across star systems so it is unlikely to be of any use for any intelligent life succeeding in doing so.

In fact, almost by definition, any such visit would happen outside the bounds of what we know or even imagine. So should we be at least aware of this fact and not look for aliens in semi-familiar form just because it's more comforting?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Strange you should mention:

"It's like looking out the window with binoculars and making assumptions
about the universe from what we see. "

I don't know if you saw the post of night vision by Marines in Iraq
with vertical lights in the sky over balls of light.

People are now using night vision binoculars to observe UFOs.

UFO are high voltage craft designed by Tesla and the operation fits
the light patterns.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I guess what sometimes confuses me is this relatively "narrow" view of all the different ways that intelligent life could potentially manifest itself. In fact it would seem that the disc shaped "space ship" with some means of propulsion would be the least practical way to make one's way through the universe.

It's interesting that you say you are sometimes confused by this "narrow" view regarding intelligent life and mention some means of propulsion being the least practical way of travelling through the universe.

I have the same problem with "narrow" views and methods of propulsion. UFO's are propelled by thought which is infinitely faster than the speed of light and the most effective method of propulsion. (IMO, of course)

sorry for being off topic, just thought it was an interesting and ironic paragraph when viewed through the eyes of two people with differing perspectives.

With regard to your idea about light, I may not agree with it but at least it's outside the box and not the sort of thread that gets repeated every few weeks. So,
for that.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Prote

I just think that we ought to be more imaginative in and not limit our search to what is understood.
It's ok to look up but it's probably the least likely place they'll be.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I just think that we ought to be more imaginative in and not limit our search to what is understood.

I got that. The irony is that using the same thought process should apply to other areas of thought especially in the same sentence when ruling out other possibilities due to not doing that.

It's ok to look up but it's probably the least likely place they'll be.

I disagree. However, denying the possibility would be stupid, because I don't know. Perhaps the fact that you thought about it makes it so

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prote
Perhaps the fact that you thought about it makes it so

Aliens in a quantum state affected by my observation AND realization! I like, I like.

Now 3 2 1 and manifest. ta taa!

Nope, they must be somewhere else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join