It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to Kill Obama: Shoot From High Vantage Point

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Plot to Kill Obama: Shoot From High Vantage Point

cbs4denver.com

DENVER (CBS4) ― Law enforcement authorities have arrested two men and several law enforcement sources say the investigation is looking into whether the men intended to harm presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama.

According to multiple sources, Aurora police made a routine traffic stop Sunday morning at 2:38 a.m. and arrested 28-year-old Tharin Gartrell. Sources say he was driving a rented pickup truck. The Secret Service says two rifles were found in his truck along with methamphetamine. Another law enforcement source says he was told at least one of the rifles was a "sniper rifle."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
WHOA...

First I have heard of this...I saw where just recently some guy was arrested bringing weapons into Nancy Pelosi's hotel as well. Getting kind of crazy out there!

Credit goes to ATS member "kosmicjack" who brought this story to my attention.

cbs4denver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25/8/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Something is fishy about that. It was way to easy to be an actual "hit". It is highly unlikely that these guys were professionals at all, since they got busted in a "routine traffic stop". As well, man 2 was just stupid for jumping out of a 6 story window. He might just as well have shot himself in the head than to do something so blatantly stupid and guilt ridden. That guy should make one of those stupid criminal lists. If they claim that they were in fact going to kill Obama, then they both need to be locked away for life or killed because the gene pool does not need more of that infectious stupidity swimming around in it.

Or perhaps this was just a decoy. The DNC is going to be very interesting. There will likely be a lot of weird news coming out of Denver over the coming days.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A bit more:

www.denverpost.com...

Federal authorities have scheduled a press conference for Tuesday afternoon amid reports that a fortunate traffic stop by Aurora Police may have disrupted an assassination attempt against Barack Obama.
KUSA-TV is reporting that two men have been arrested on weapons charges after the traffic stop early Sunday....

Federal authorities are refusing to comment about why they believe the case is possibly tied to an assassination plot, but scheduled a news conference for 4 p.m. Tuesday.

Has the MSM covered this at all, I mean besides the local affiliates? It seems strange that it's so low key. They must be taking it far more serious than the incident in FL a few weeks ago. And then there is this story which went totally under the radar:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Guy with gun and drugs - stopped - presidential assasination suspects. Kind of leap without any more info. They could have been two country boys headed to the gravel pit. The meth, well that is a problem.

See, this is why conservatives need to make their voice for smaller government heard. They talk about personal freedoms yet lust after ways to oppress us. It's a paradox to me. let us be free!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yeah I havent seen it on the MSM at all. I dont think this will be the first or last though. You have a lot of ignorant people out there. Im sure at the end of the day he will go down to a bullet but Im sure the reasoning is way beyond that fact he is black.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hopefully nothing happens to ANY of the candidates for President. Haven't seen this anywhere else yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Guy with gun and drugs - stopped - presidential assasination suspects. Kind of leap without any more info. They could have been two country boys headed to the gravel pit. The meth, well that is a problem.

Yes, it does seem like a MAJOR leap by the information solely in this thread but in case you (or others) missed it in the link provided, the article goes on to mention:

Its unclear precisely why authorities suspect the men were targeting Barack Obama, but one of the officer's who was briefed says he was told at least one of the suspects made statements to that effect

I haven't heard a peep about this but if they are holding a press conference tomorrow I guess we'll get more information at that time.

On a side note ... when something like this occurs, do they tell the person who is the potential target or do they wait until they have confirmation that they did in fact, foil a plot? It's a big week for Obama and I can't help but wonder if they keep this information from him and just inform the security assigned to him OR if they do tell him and then run the risk that it may make him nervous/anxious/uneasy during one of the most important times of this campaign.

Jemison

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Looks like a normal meth head.

They tend to carry guns.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The guy must have said something while in custody about Obama for them (the police) to have decided to investigate this so intently. And for the guy in the hotel room to jump out of a 6th story window.

Obama threatened? FBI examines reports

I do know they evacuated Nancy Pelosi because of a similar type incident...

Weapons arrest at Pelosi hotel

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Law enforcement sources tell Maass that one of the suspects "was directly asked if they had come to Denver to kill Obama. He responded in the affirmative."

What are the Denver cops doing? Are they going around to everyone with a gun asking them if they are here to kill Obama?

This story sounds a like the guys arrested were helped a bit by the government (re the CIA) in their so called plan to shoot Obama. I think these guys are the fall guys in a govenment plot to take out Obama with professional snipers.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It is a pretty crazy coincidence that they pulled these guys over, huh? Obama must really have some angels on his side. There may be more to this story... or maybe not. ?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Looks like a normal meth head.

They tend to carry guns.

This may be true, but does a normal "meth head" waste money on renting a truck, or renting a room, rather than on more meth?

The hotel where they found the other guy is only 10 miles from the DNC.

Something weird is afoot.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by xmaddness]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Now you have got to be a special kind of stupid when asked by law enforcement if you intend to shoot a presidential nominee to answer "Yup"!

Can that possibly be true??? Do they have it on tape??

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The men may have ties to Sons of Silence, an outlaw biker group, and are believed to have connections with white supremacists. Federal sources said this incident may have had more to do with methamphetamine than with any plot to assassinate Obama, but local police did not say why they connected the men to the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.

I found this little tidbit tying these men to a hate group.

Here is the source.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Obviously if they were affiliated with a white supremacist group they are ignorant in more ways than one. "Yup."

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Racists, drugs and guns have all the marks for some seriously bad mojo. Seriously, nothing good will every come from such a reckless combination. Especially considering there's a big old political convention taking place nearby.

As Leo Strauss so graciously put it: it takes a special kind of stupid.

Indeed!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Kind of off topic, but the news source I used, foxnews, that linked the men to the hate group, to me, seemed to give a "no big deal" kind of tone in their article. Did anyone else feel this when you read the article? They just played the whole thing down. I found that odd... but it is foxnews.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I ain't buying it.

D'ya ever watch Cops?
Whenever they pull over some wasted meth-head they're always rambling on about some asinine story.

Here's what I think:

2 low-IQ knuckleheads + Meth + Booze = "Oh Yeah? Sho what!! I came hur ta keel Obama been laiden! Wutch YOO gunna do 'bout it? PIG!!"

I think the cops are reaching on this one.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Now you have got to be a special kind of stupid when asked by law enforcement if you intend to shoot a presidential nominee to answer "Yup"!

Or just stoned to the bajeezus on methamphetamines...

[edit on 8.25.2008 by ItsTheQuestion]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join