It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Moved (on Discovery channel)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
At lunch time today I was watching some show about Area 51 (it was on at about 12:30pm Pacific time) and there was something on there about Area 51 Closed and moved to Colorado and Utah? I know I have seen this show before and I remember thinking how absolutely wrong that seemed to be. Has anyone seen that show and can comment on this?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
you might be able to find something about this subject in back issues of popular science or mechanics i don't remember which. but they actually went into area 51 and it was abandoned.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I didn't see that show this time around (being not in the US currently), but as I recall from seeing it before, it based that claim on the 1997 story by Popular Mechanics-which a lot of people seem to believe is/was disinfo.

Alternatively, a quick Google came up with this listing: Utah Area 51 Not having any experience of that site, though, I can't vouch for any information on it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A few years back Popular Science did an article claiming that Area 51 had moved to Dugway Proving Ground in Utah.

However, Area 51 is still very active and has lots of new construction going on right now for advanced aircraft testing.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is a link to the Popular Mechanics ad.....

New Area 51?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Area 51 is very much alive and more active than ever. There may be something in Utah, but despite the decoy claims, Area 51 is as active as ever.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I never said that Area 51 was inactive, I merely provided a link to the article that was being discussed.

I for one believe that it is very active!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Nah it never was closed or anything of the sort. The base is still active and will always be active. I never really trust listening to shows like that.

There are some recent photos of the base on www.dreamlandresort.com that date back last month or so.

It also has information about how they went in the base and there was nothing there, as i remember, they never did go into area 51 but a similar place and thought it was area 51.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by -elmo-]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
lol when you have a base in the Southwest, that is connected by underground tunnels to bases in all the surrounding states and underwater access to the Pacific as well

what exactly does closed even mean?

It's like a garden of gopher holes out here, any of them can be closed at any moment...

everyone quick run down stairs lol and seal the hatch!

it's just a central nub to the underground bases period and with each new one that opens the need to send people down stairs via that particular hole in the ground becomes less vital

on alevel though the airfields are used and things tested... likely given it's popularity most "work" is done mile, tens of miles, hundreds of miles from the visable structures on the map underground so nothing get's nuked in a war anyway

actual bases would be...under your feet anywhere in the southwest period

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Can you provide proof of this?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Can you see Area51 from googlemaps? or msn live maps? If so can someone post a link to it.. I've been looking for ages but i think im looking in the wrong place =p

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Apparently Area 51 has a new name too:

"Homey Airport"

The Source:

“Homey Airport” now appears as the official name for a certain air base near a certain dry lake bed in Nevada, according to reports in the Web site of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, as well as the Daily Aviator blog and others. New editions of flight planning software and civilian aviators’ GPS gear lists the name and the official designation “KXTA” — which online wags have speculated stands for “extraterrestrial airport.” (The “k” designation indicates only that the field is in the U.S., according to the Federal Aviation Administration.)

And Utah?

though alien conspiracy buffs also speculate that Area 51’s high profile has forced officials to move much of the top-secret stuff to the Army’s Dugway Proving Ground in Utah.

H

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I personally believe that if any UFO related reverse engineering is being done its at a location other than Area 51.There's just too much press and public interest on that site now, making any related work out of there liable to be revealed.
There are quite a few super-secret US Continuity of Government sites in the US, used to provide bolt-holes for the President, that are still hidden, leading me to believe it is indeed possible for any UFO related sites to be out of sight, out of mind.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by exarv

Hi exarv,
Welcome aboard!

Try This!

H

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I saw this show also. It was very interesting. It did state that Area 51's activity has slown down and they believe that it as been relocated to Utah and Colorado. The reason stated was they were venturing into designing aircraft that could fly out into space and take reconissance photos for spying. So they needed an area that they could launch these aircraft. Just a thought though, they did mention that the government spends tremendous amounts of money on hiding information or giving out false information to hide the truth (I can't think of the word to save my life). So maybe this show was just a coverup to make people think that they did move the base to a new location so people would stop coming out there and trying to catch peeks of the new aircraft!!!! Just a thought!

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon
Try This!

beat me to it

To rocksarerocks... you seriously need an avatar so I made you this

From here...
Laughing rock....
flickr.com...

Map of the area

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There is a new large hanger out there....being built

This from Google Earth...

Here is the new hanger almost complete

'Rumor' has it that its going to be used for the Blackswift.

The Blackswift (at least in the black project) is a low hypersonic turbine/ramjet combined cycle hybrid.

Intelgurl stared a thread on it here
SR-72 Confirmed: Mach 6 Project Blackswift
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And she would know... her and her other half are 'in the business'

Here is my Area 51 gallery
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Here is the Janet Terminal at Groom Lake

Here is the Janet Terminal in Las Vegas ( about 10 minutes from my house

Page on the Janet Airline
www.thelivingmoon.com...

Here is the concept for the Blackswift

here is the page on it with files and videos from DARPA

www.thelivingmoon.com...

And here is the project I showed two years ago from AFRL... Triagle shaped plane using no Ailerons for steering , but plasma actuators instead...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Nevada Mecca of the Black World

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueOx It did state that Area 51's activity has slown down and they believe that it as been relocated to Utah and Colorado.

Lies all lies
Though there IS another 'Area' near Tonapah... and it is 'possible' that some here at ATS work there
No idea what goes on there... and I haven't located the covered runway yet, but we did talk to a Nevada inspector who certified the 'concrete'

The reason stated was they were venturing into designing aircraft that could fly out into space and take reconissance photos for spying. So they needed an area that they could launch these aircraft.

Oh they fly into space alright, but don't need a launch pad

Here it is on Fox... released July 26 2008

Fox News

LISTEN CAREFULLY TO THE NASA GUY

Just a thought though, they did mention that the government spends tremendous amounts of money on hiding information or giving out false information to hide the truth (I can't think of the word to save my life). So maybe this show was just a coverup to make people think that they did move the base to a new location so people would stop coming out there and trying to catch peeks of the new aircraft!!!! Just a thought!

Most of the stuff is not hidden as much as people think.. its just no one is paying attention... I get it here all the time... try to tell people what is going on and they laugh, like when John and I talked about the secret astronauts..

Well since NOVA released astrospies no one has bugged me about that

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

When oh when will this story ever die. Jim Wilson of Popular Mechanics drives down Mailbox Road. He neglects to turn right on Groom Lake Road. He ends up at the Range 61 gate and declares Area 51 has moved.

Case closed.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I didn't say I believed all they said on the show. It did seem like a load of crap. I still believe that they are using Area 51 even more now. I have now proof though, just a hunch. And I always figured they had already designed planes to go into space to do reconiassance. But to be honest, I like the discovery channel and there was nothing else on at that time. The show was a little interesting because with me being in the military I always want to be able to work around that type of enviornment. Technology always fascinates me on how fast it develops.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join