It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Listen Live to Denver Police, Fire, and EMT.*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just curious: did anyone listening to the scanner pick up the incident (see Detroit newspaper article here: www.freep.com.../20080827/NEWS15/80827077 ) where Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers (wife of U.S. Rep John Conyers) blew up at hotel personnel because she didn't like her room?
She's got a bit of a history of unstable behavior, and I guess she was out of control enough that police were called.

She's (for the time being) loosely related to the Kwame Kilpatrick controversy in Detroit.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
O my goodness. This is brilliant. Good find!!!! SERIOUSLY.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm in Denver and have listened to the police/fire scanner for a long time. It can be very interesting. The authorities sound very professional and what they have to deal with is unbelievable.
It can also be very depressing as I have never heard about so many irresponsible people in my life. Children and Alzheimer's patients wandering away, drugs, civil stand-bys, lots of domestic abuse, tire slashings. The lack of respect for other people's property confounds me and either our species is slipping to a lower level or people are just plain stupid and selfish.
It only serves to make me realize that with continued actions such as these (by a small minority of people by the way) we are just asking to have the rights of all of us taken away and to live in a police state.
There is more and more a common-ness about a certain element of Americans that hardly make us the envy of the world. Wake up people, our nation is unraveling and we are being manipulated and desensitized.
I speak to foreign exchange students and they're happy to get our education and happier still to return to their home countries as soon as they graduate. They are not that fond of our lifestyle - a lifestyle pushed upon us as "cool" by the advertising geniuses.
After awhile, I have to shut it down because what I hear speaks volumes about some of our fellow Americans.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Excellent thread... way to go... do you think you'd be interested in seeing if you could find one in Canada... listening to Seattle right now...

Way to go...

Excellent...Excellent...Excellent...Excellent...Excellent...Excellent...Excellent...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Australia needs one >.<

Too bad if you heard your address being called out.
Good warning for when you want to.... gtfo?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Those of you who said the Denver protesters deserved what they got, or who believed everything you heard on the police scanners - please be careful. I'm not sure if it's possible to get faulty information on the police scanner, but there must be ways for even that source to present a skewed view, courtesy of someone in the chain of command or via emergency calls without basis. We already know that most of the arrests at the RNC were without basis, and many on trumped-up charges. Some even got random felony or misdemeanor riot charges thrown at them in the heat of the action. Peaceful protesters were singled out and disappeared or beaten, one even tortured. Groups of people just sitting on the grass were arrested for no reason. There is good reason to believe there were agent provocateurs around, too.

It has also come out that there is an investigation into a staged confrontation between police and agent provocateurs on the first day of the Denver convention. This could have easily had the effect of inciting more trouble in the later days of the DNC, or else of influencing public opinion regarding the protesters. It always worries me when I see Americans jump to judgement over protests after they hear the slightest bit of news indicating that maybe some of the protesters are out of control. Don't people understand about agent provocateurs and how very much of what goes on is absolutely twisted by the media and the police? I'm not saying nothing violent really happens or tthat everyone is totally innocent there, but what happened this year should worry everyone who feels that we are becoming a police state. I consider these conventions a test run.

Here is the quote from thedenverchannel.com:

A police "Use of Force" report released by the ACLU said, "In order not to be recognized as undercover detectives, some of the detectives put up a struggle with Commander Kroncke." Kroncke's first name wasn't immediately available.

Sheriff's deputies from neighboring Jefferson County were helping Denver police at the scene, and one deputy "thought that Commander Kroncke was being attacked" and sprayed the undercover officers, the report said.

There may be other investigations, but I'm not following these particular stories closely. I just would like to see people not be so quick to feel that righteous anger that every protester deserves what they get. Get more facts, look at the whole story. Better yet - study what happened at each convention this year, compare them, look at the tactics that were used. Maybe then you will be a little slower to react when you see violence against citizens. This is going to become more relevant when martial law hits, so it's vital that we don't turn on our own people when they have been railroaded into jail without cause.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by wintermarches]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Hmm Maybe the owner should have set up a stand alone link for the security ch. Regular disp kets cutting in. Just go to Audio settings and set your balance to left for police. Dpd got some wacky calls.

shawn

Now the obama ch is going.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
oh I wish I would have gotten to this link earlier. I'd love to hear this stuff online.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join