It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Very Different American Women - Which One Is Setting A Good Example For The Rest Of The World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
American Woman #1: She moved from an energy guzzling 1500 square foot home into a solar powered 84 (that's right 84) square foot home. Now she has no mortgage payment and pays about 6 bucks a month for utilities. She is very happy with her simpler, easier life:

theweirdnewsblog.blogspot.com...

American Woman #2: She is one of the most famous female television preachers in the history of the United States. Her "ministry" rakes in millions of dollars every year, she is a best selling author and she has even been on Larry King Live. She lives a world class lifestyle, but she also donates to causes that she supports. One of those causes that she supports with thousands of dollars is the presidential campaign of a candidate who supports the open killing of millions of babies through abortion:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

So which woman is the better example for the world?

You make the call.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Tough call here.

Well the creature living in a box has plenty in common with a certain presidential candidate's brother living in Kenya. Although I think her place is a little roomier.

The preacher. Well despite her political leanings and endorsements, I'd say she may be the better example. Family values and charitible contributions overcome the rest in my opinion.

Besides, we don't want the rest of the world thinking we're all living in Fridgidaire boxes now do we?

Becker

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
to me anyone who has a millionaire lifestyle through religious enterprise is a phoney and i dont mean being wealthy and religious, i mean becoming wealthy through the exploitation of religion, im not religious but surely that isnt jesus 's vision, all money made through the preaching should surely go back into helping parishioners. Im not religious though so my understanding of the bible doesn't qualify me to say if thats right morally ( according to the bible ) to be fair.

I admire the first women she seems to find joy in the simple things, thats a good philosophy in life.

Its neither womans responsibility to be an example to the world, they can only live life how they see fit.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
LOL... neither is an example to the rest of the world... jeeze. I take it this is a "hit post" on the second example. Cardboard box lady #1 appears to be setting herself up as a martyr. _javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 25-8-2008 by infolurker]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MandM

It's quite obvious where you stand based on the way you have formed this question. I'm not sure what your agenda is with this but it's completely transparent.

Why don't you just come out and make your point instead of leading people around with set-up questions? It would save us all a lot of time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

In regards to my above post. If I did have to answer this question, I would say #2 is the better example for sure.

It seems to me as though #1 has bought into the global warming hoax and is trying to make herself feel better by living "green". She has done nothing to set an example.

#2 has embodied the American Dream. Work hard, make money, enjoy life. Regardless of how she chooses to spend her money, she worked hard for it and deserves it.

top topics

join