It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reptillians are interesting, why are the threads mocked?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

"The problem with relying solely on people's stories is that the credibility rests solely on the people themselves. When you do this, you must account for discrepancies, psychologies, belief systems, etc. In other words, your evidence is completely, 100% subjective. "

Congratulations! You just destroyed the legal system in one single paragraph. . . I'll quote you word for word the next time someone attempts to give evidence against me.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peepers
Gorman91 & Mintwithahole.

We must not overlook evolutions scale where 375 million years ago amphibian life moved out of the sea to begin land mammals, reptiles and the glorious competition for species supremacy began. A reptilian "resembling or sharing characteristic of a reptile", may have begot a line away from the cold blooded reptile line with warm blood. Than the ape comes along and man appears from that line and our problems really begin.

Otherwise, alien intervention had to be at play here.

You theory is full of holes. Its what you think may have happened millions of years ago. What you believe happened doesn't amount to a hill of beans! And then, of course, you reverted to the old chestnut when reasoning takes its last breath and keels over, alien intervention. . . You could just as easily say that the faery folk, mole people or intelligent dophin men of old London town helped us evolve. Relying on aliens is simply not an argument.
If there are reptile shape shifting thingies! out there they are brilliant at covering their tracks as the only evidence of their existence comes in the form of anecdotal evidence. Interesting anecdotal evidence I'll grant you.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
"The problem with relying solely on people's stories is that the credibility rests solely on the people themselves. When you do this, you must account for discrepancies, psychologies, belief systems, etc. In other words, your evidence is completely, 100% subjective. "

Congratulations! You just destroyed the legal system in one single paragraph. . . I'll quote you word for word the next time someone attempts to give evidence against me.

First of all, it's never a good idea to compare the legal system with scientific inquiry when it comes to discussions of scientific phenomena--they are entirely different processes that serve entirely different purposes. That was my point.

Secondly, I wasn't speaking to the legal system itself, but rather the legal system in context to scientific inquiry. You may have heard of such things as medical evidence, ballistics evidence, and other scientific processes that are used within the legal system to back up pure witness testimony.

Have no fear, your legal system is still intact.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesus_forgiveMyRottenSoul

I too find it odd, the mocking response to people daring to suggest that there may be something to the whole reptilian thing. They are mentioned and depicted on countless art forms from all areas of the world and societies down through the ages. And yet, we can apparently have sane and 'grown-up' discussions about 8 foot Greys that have ZERO evidence apart from those that say they have seen them?

Ok I'll lambast Mr. Icke along with the rest just as soon as the UFO world produce the evidence for these Aliens ( and no Billy M’s 1980’s photo of the hot blonde counts hehehheheheeeee).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd

I too find it odd, the mocking response to people daring to suggest that there may be something to the whole reptilian thing. They are mentioned and depicted on countless art forms from all areas of the world and societies down through the ages. And yet, we can apparently have sane and 'grown-up' discussions about 8 foot Greys that have ZERO evidence apart from those that say they have seen them?

Ok I'll lambast Mr. Icke along with the rest just as soon as the UFO world produce the evidence for these Aliens ( and no Billy M’s 1980’s photo of the hot blonde counts hehehheheheeeee).

But there's alsorts of things mentioned down through the ages which have statues etc dedicated to them. If we follow your train of thought then we have to accept that the Roman and Greek gods are all based on truth and that they existed. After all, using your critique, they are all mentioned down through the ages!
The evidence for reptile shape shifting whatsits and grey alien beings is slight to say the least.
I asked, a couple of pages back, whether anyone posting on ATS had had a sighting of a reptoid. No one has come forward which is strange because if we are to believe David Icke every time he leaves his house he is confronted by someone telling him about how they have seen someone change into a reptile right in front of their eyes!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Where are these statues....and why has the archealogical community not made an announcement on these? You know why because it is only the reptile believers who see these statues as reptile people. And an educated person with the credentials to back up his opinion does not. Just find one highly respected archealogists that has step forward and claimed that this ancients artifacts depict reptilian life forms. Also as for the courts...find one case where witness testimony is the only evidence used to convict someone.
Oh yeah...if your answer to why no scientist in that field will come forward is because the government is stopping them...SAVE IT...hate that argument.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The greys are also BS....this centuries ghost and goblins...tha's all.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Any alien life must be radically different and depending on environmental stresses, adapted to different ways of life.

quite correct, the odds of reptiles evolving on another planet, elsewhere are nearly the same for the odds of humans also evolving elsewhere...

even if we 'rebooted' the earth, the life that would evolve would be very different than what we have today, and would not likely even contain what we refer to as 'reptile' creatures, let alone insects, panda bears or car salesmen...

the reptilian alien fantasy has no foundation in reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

But there's alsorts of things mentioned down through the ages which have statues etc dedicated to them. If we follow your train of thought then we have to accept that the Roman and Greek gods are all based on truth and that they existed. After all, using your critique, they are all mentioned down through the ages!
The evidence for reptile shape shifting whatsits and grey alien beings is slight to say the least.
I asked, a couple of pages back, whether anyone posting on ATS had had a sighting of a reptoid. No one has come forward which is strange because if we are to believe David Icke every time he leaves his house he is confronted by someone telling him about how they have seen someone change into a reptile right in front of their eyes!

You've proven exactly what I was alluding to with your last Mr. Icke jibe. I'll admit I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that he has said what you think he's said. You've also missed my point and yes my 'critique' could be applied to Roman Gods but may be I was making the wider point that when people depict these reptilian images then may be there is something valid in it? Roman and Greek Gods were self serving to those that ruled and not depicted by the general people to explain an entity the clue is the use of the word 'God'!

I'm also not suggesting that Grays do not exist just because I haven't seen them but I'd say that there is far more historical evidence of reptilian depiction that warrant’s more thought rather than your out of hand dismissal.

Feel free to vent but I'd guess we'll end up agreeing to disagree?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

" Also as for the courts...find one case where witness testimony is the only evidence used to convict someone."

I can answer that one for you. ME People are being banged up all the time on the evidence of eye witnesses. Some of these cases turn out to be mis-carriages of justice but it doesn't stop it happening.
In my case (it was only a speeding offence) but I was fined and given points purely on the say-so of an off duty copper!
So, while I agree with most of what you say you are wide of the mark if you think eye witness testimony Isn't applicable in court.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You've proven exactly what I was alluding to with your last Mr. Icke jibe. I'll admit I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that he has said what you think he's said. You've also missed my point and yes my 'critique' could be applied to Roman Gods but may be I was making the wider point that when people depict these reptilian images then may be there is something valid in it? Roman and Greek Gods were self serving to those that ruled and not depicted by the general people to explain an entity the clue is the use of the word 'God'!

I'm also not suggesting that Grays do not exist just because I haven't seen them but I'd say that there is far more historical evidence of reptilian depiction that warrant’s more thought rather than your out of hand dismissal.

Feel free to vent but I'd guess we'll end up agreeing to disagree?

NO, If you had read any of my previous postings you would already know that I'm not dismissing or discounting anything. My argument is simply this- I can go along with the idea that reptiles may have descended from dinosaurs but where on Earth did they get the ability to shapeshift? Lets forget about the statues etc because they don't amount to anything. Instead lets look at the modern day eye-witness accounts of people transforming into reptiles. Do we dismiss their testimony out of hand because it sounds to extreme and outlandish to be taken seriously? I dont know! I am waiting for better evidence because what exists at the moment, in my mind, is not really good enough.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
To put it simply, stories around "grey" aliens at least have some merit. There have been many witnesses, some from what you would think are intelligent, normal people with no other agenda. There is quite often no sensationalizing of the story, it's fairly cut and dry. With the reptilians, you get stories that could you put directly into The Outer Limits, or spin into a good B movie. There is eating people for food angles, controlling our governments, reproducing with us, all sorts of weirdness. And then we have their underground "bases" (some apparently connected by hundreds of miles of super fast trains), and NONE of it is verified. No picutres, nothing. Even Area 51 and 52 have SOME actual photos. Even when the government said "Area 51.. what's that?"... we knew it was there from proof.

No proof, extroidinary (i.e. unbelievable) tales, it's just too much to believe. Then folks go and do things like photoshop politicians pictures with lizard eyes, and expect folks to take this seriously. It's sort of like a joke to me. I've not seen any proof, and the stories are just nuts.

I think it's complete fiction. If some semblance of proof comes along to prove me wrong, I'll happily admit it, and jump all over your lizard bandwagon. But I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

You theory is full of holes. Its what you think may have happened millions of years ago. What you believe happened doesn't amount to a hill of beans! And then, of course, you reverted to the old chestnut when reasoning takes its last breath and keels over, alien intervention. . . You could just as easily say that the faery folk, mole people or intelligent dophin men of old London town helped us evolve. Relying on aliens is simply not an argument

My theory, I didn't present a theory. I expressed a fact or two by looking up the evolution scale and than made a maybe statement a cold blooded line split into a warm blooded line. That will be true if we, humans, came from the sea as evolution presents our beginnings. I never expressed what I beleive, so your more than wrong there.

"the scientists found telling anatomical traits of a transitional creature, a fish that is still a fish but has changes that anticipate the emergence of land animals — and is thus a predecessor of amphibians, reptiles and dinosaurs, mammals and eventually humans"

Not my theory

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

OK, but we still have to examine evolutions trail. The tetrapod period was when the four appendage sea creature, where cold blooded (sea)creatures are found, came onto land as the evolutionist portray, mammals and reptiles began a line. So warm blooded life came from cold blooded life, if evolution is correct.

The "possiblity" that a cold blooded reptile line became warm blooded is not beyond reason. I don't follow religion, but even there, it is referenced as a serpent interacting with the patriarch and matriarch.

So if that document is to be believed as much as evolution, was there a sentient thinking self aware communicative reptile serpent on the earth. And was the bust of little suckling on his mamas teet that line of reptile with warm blood.

I cannot dismiss reptilian life forms on earth because we don't see it all or know it all. I do think there is the possiblity were manipulated by forces hidden from our senses. If sentient reptilians are many millions of years older than we, they more than likely would know how to control things compared to our rather recent acquisition of knowledge. As for proof, if a hidden force is that powerfull, we may never really find out the truth. Our stories of them, the unknown, things that make no sense, can only open thinking for those looking at it for answers.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Welcome to a private forum. There is no free speech here. Anyone posting lies knowingly, is against the rules here.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Reptilians, are they out there?

Having the means to answer such a question will only lead to more questions, incomprehensible answers, and then the inevitable collapse of ones' reality, followed by extreme paranoia and schizophrenia. Just how deep, down, down the rabbit hole are you willing to go? More on this later…

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Why are the "Greys" so unbelievable? I mean, the whole picture of the myths and lore that surround them is surely a crock... but in just terms of their physical form (ignoring proportion and skeletal problem) - what is to stop evolution from producing a creature, even an intelligent creature, like them?

Is the problem that the majority of aliens which "contactees" claim to have seen are humanoid? I'd say it partially is simply because it betrays a psychological underpinning that aliens are typically described as "monstrous humans". Why would evolution create intelligent humanoids, considering the wide diversity of creatures on Earth - imagine what is possible on other worlds!

However, consider this as well. Evolution is not a random process. Mutation is random, but selection is not. Selection is determined by the environment. Life certainly appears to evolve and diversify easiest from a carbon base in an environment with liquid water. This means that the most likely place for us to find life as diverse as it is on Earth will likely occur on a planet very much like Earth. Planets in the "Goldilocks Zone" will generally have similar chemical compositions.

So if life evolves and diversifies to a point where intelligence is possible on a planet very much like Earth - then it stands to reason that the same/similar non-random selection processes on Earth will occur on this other planet as well. For example, you could probably expect to find a form of photosynthesis occurring on any planet under similar condition as the Earth when our plants first developed photosynthesis.

Now, I don't mean to say that Humanoid life forms are probable - as there's really no direct link that I'm aware of between higher intelligence and this specific humanoid form we occupy (aside from maybe an opposable thumb). However, I merely hope to impress that intelligent humanoid creatures - even very human looking creatures - might not be as improbable/impossible as they are on first glance. Evolution isn't like spinning a wheel of infinite possibilities making the chances of a second spin landing on the exact same or similar spot infinitely improbable.

Complexity could certainly throw a wrench in the works. However, while it's true that very minute changes or differences in a system can have drastic effects on a much larger system - the larger system is also resistant to change and can be rather predictable. Just as it's true that a butterfly flapping it's wings in Tokyo can cause it to rain in New York - it's also true that in a mass of air we cannot predict what direction any specific gas molecule will travel in, but we still accurately predict the properties of the gas cloud as a whole.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

I cannot dismiss reptilian life forms on earth because we don't see it all or know it all.

Well, to be completely accurate there are intelligent reptilians on Earth. WE are intelligent reptilians. Since we descended from mammals, who descended from reptililes - we are still a part of our parental lineage even if we are also currently considered mammals and primates. Hence, we are only a modification of a reptilian life form. Similarly, we are fish as well, and our bodies are simply modifications of that of a fish.

Your Inner Fish: A 3.5 billion year history of the Human Body.

Mint w/ a hole

My argument is simply this- I can go along with the idea that reptiles may have descended from dinosaurs

Dinosaurs descended from reptiles, and their descendants became birds. Dinosaurs are the transition between Bird and Reptile. "Reptilians", if they are truly reptiles, would not have descended from Dinosaurs - otherwise they wouldn't be reptilian - they would either be a Dinosaur or Avian. A Dinosaur cannot evolutionarily regress to a reptile anymore than a Mammal can, or anymore than a reptile can regress to a fish.

Further, shapshifting is pretty much impossible. Especially with a rigid skeletal frame. Even an octopus, with their amazing camouflage that can replicate both texture and color of their surrounding environment, cannot shapeshift.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakened sleeper
Reptilians, are they out there?

Having the means to answer such a question will only lead to more questions, incomprehensible answers, and then the inevitable collapse of ones' reality, followed by extreme paranoia and schizophrenia. Just how deep, down, down the rabbit hole are you willing to go? More on this later…

I love rabbit holes !! Please take me down one and tell me what the H@ll you're talking about here !

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099

Its not so much that I hope they exist, its more to do with the fact that I hope we haven't got millions of supposedly sane people wandering around with some, as of yet, undiagnosed mental illness which makes them believe in reptile shape shifters etc. Hallucinations, mass hysteria!!!

Where did you get that number from? Millions of people are seeing these thing. I want to see the data that says there are millions.

There are at least a million ,if not more, who believe in and claim to interact with these reptile things. Thats common knowledge. You say;

"I want to see the data that says there are millions."

I know what you want! Lets see what Father Christmas brings you. . !

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join