It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to delete my account! Where is the option to do that?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I reallt want to delete my account for both ATS and BTS. I do not feel I need to explain why. Let's just say a lack of interest..

Problem is I just can not find the option to delete my account.

Do I really have to start and misbehave to be banned?! Or is there a proper way to get rid of my account?

[edit on 25/8/2008 by Storm_Indigochild]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Simple.

Log out and don't come back.

As for deleting your content, you agreed to the following when you signed up:

3) Content Copyright: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyright privileges to the material you post and you grant The Owners non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in perpetuity in all forms. The Above Network, LLC has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and modify your posts to remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, at our discretion.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The proper procedure is to log off and not return.

The set-up of ATS does not include deletion of accounts (and therefore posts).

If you have any further questions, dont hesitate to use the Complaints/Suggestions Form in your MemCenter.

ThreadClosed.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
not allowed. The site claims that once you post, you give them the right to store and display any content you have ever submitted, along with your account name for "continuity" reasons.

I happen to disagree with this policy as well, it seems to imply the only way to get banned, is to "act up."

more info direct from the source:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you no longer visit our websites, either through a voluntary decision of your own or some staff action to terminate your account privileges, we do not remove your posts (except for any that might violate our terms & conditions). This is a very big online community with a great deal of content being added every day, removing valid contributions to our discussions would disrupt the context and potentially confuse readers.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by scientist]

top topics

join