It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Not Happy With Convention Speech Topic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Bill Clinton Not Happy With Convention Speech Topic

www.politico.com

DENVER — As Democrats arrived here Sunday for a convention intended to promote party unity, mistrust and resentments continued to boil among top associates of presumptive nominee Barack Obama and his defeated rival, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

One flashpoint is the assigned speech topic for former president Bill Clinton, who is scheduled to speak Wednesday night, when the convention theme is “Securing America’s Future.” The night’s speakers will argue that Obama would be a more effective commander in chief than his Republican rival, Sen. John McCain (Ariz.).

The former president is disappointed, associates said, because he is eager to speak about the economy and more broadly about Democratic ideas — emphasizing the contrast between the Bush years and his own record in the 1990s.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ya know I really liked Ole Bill as president but he has got to get it through his pointy little head that this is not about him... this is not his or his wife's convention and he has to start acting like a grown up and behave himself...

... Where's Monica when you need her?

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Bill Clinton is like a spoiled child who simply cannot stand it when he isn't the center of attention. The Clintons and their supporters care little about the Democrat Party or what's best for this country. It seems they would rather see John McCain in the White House than admit defeat and support the candidate who successfully navigated the primary process.

Enough is enough. Take yourselves and low rent supporters and find a huge hole to crawl into.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I called it before the DNC even started.

Slick Willie is going to be a thorn in Obamas left butt cheek until the last vote is tallied.

I can't wait to listen to the condescending tone in he and Hillary's voices when they have to stand at that podium and pretend to praise Barack.

Hell hath no fury like a Clinton scorned.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
He should be allowed to speak about whatever he feels he can provide.

Economy is a good start.

I think the media has enough barack praising sessions already.

Helping get someone elected is not just about publically kissing their ass.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think that the Clinton's are doing their best to torpedo Obama.

They cannot stand the thought of losing and they are seeking revenge.

If Obama loses this election, it will be up to the Clinton's to save the Democratic party in 2012. ( A year that keeps coming up on this site)

So, I think that it will be interesting to listen to Bill but I'll be surprised if he doesn't work in some left handed complements for Obama.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Helping get someone elected is not just about publically kissing their ass.

Masterfully said.

I could not have made the point any better.

top topics

join