It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessean Reporter has Background Check by Tennessean Highway Patrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Tennessean Reporter has Background Check by Tennessean Highway Patrol

[url=http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080824/NEWS0201/808240419&GID=F7FirVoiIJ6XsOQrC29rMkMStNwYxiNvxJb9NuEyOEw=]tennessean.com[/url ]

A list of 182 people believed to have been subjects of background checks from a Tennessee Highway Patrol officer includes the Tennessean reporter who revealed the Highway Patrol's probe into the officer's unauthorized activities.

Brad Schrade, who has reported on the Highway Patrol for years and first reported the probe earlier this month, received a call Saturday morning from a Highway Patrol special agent who said that Lt. Ronnie Shirley, the subject of the probe, had accessed Schrade's background information.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ahhh, and yet another ever-recurring theme prominent in today's rise towards fascist totalitoriansm by TPTB...

THIS is what spy powers create---The ability to INTIMIDATE, harrass and make anyone uncomfortable by having their privacy invaded by those who they expose for their corruption!

This reporter exposed this corrupt organization for what it was, and look what happens-HE is investigated! lol!

And this goes ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.

This agencies actions are merely mimicking what our two-party crime family in Washington is doing, with the endless spying and FISA nonsense.

I expect much more of this disgusting garbage to proliferate in the future, particularly with the way congress has sold this nation out...

"For a state police agency or one of its agents to investigate a reporter who has produced legitimate and critically important coverage of the agency smacks of the intimidation and retribution you would expect to find in a totalitarian state," Silverman said.

[url=http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080824/NEWS0201/808240419&GID=F7FirVoiIJ6XsOQrC29rMkMStNwYxiNvxJb9NuEyOEw=]tennessean.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

What the 182 people needs to do is file a law sue against the state and then make a big issue in the media circus.

Post some of the top names and see if they will use homegrown terrorism to get back to the people.

The outcome of abuses like this it will be dictated by the ability of the victim's to retaliate.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The THP officer in this case was "punished" a few years back- which means he was reassigned to another county. He is still on paid administrative leave. I live about 30 miles from Nashville and this has been all over the papers for the last few weeks. There is an article in the Tennessean about everyday.

There is an officer that was involved in a fatal accident in my town. The officer was seen throwing out liquor bottles (which the family of the victim recovered and turned over to their attorney). The police officer wasn't taken to have blood drawn until 2 1/2 hours later, but was able to make it to the gas station for gatorade within 30 minutes. The family wanted the THP to take over the investigation b/c the city and the sheriffs department had botched things so bad. But now that the problems with in the THP have surfaced, which agency is going to take over? I know I wouldn't want the THP to be involved in investigating anything for me.

So yeah DD, the problems go all the way to the top but the problems also stem from the local and county PDs.

marg6043- That is a good point however, I know the paper hasn't listed everyone that had been searched.

I have tried to include a link to my local paper- if it doesn't work its www.dnj.com

www.dnj.com...
www.murfreesboropost.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The police in many small counties are corrupted, I lost any faith I had on local police when two years ago a boy that went to school with my son was shot in the face while in his truck by an officer, the boy die creating a big issue because the reason for the police officer to shot was shady.

He said that the boy had a knife and he felt in danger.

The truth was that the Boy truck matched a perpetrators truck that commited a crime no an hour earlier, the police force the boy into the side of the road just in front of my housing area, and then started to wave the gun and the gun went off hitting the boy in the face, It was actually an accident, but the worst thing was that he planted the knife in the truck and tampered with evidence, then made the other police officer that was with him a female he was training to lie for him as he outranked her.

The worst was that the boy was the grandson of the Sherif and the police officer knew the family as he has been in the police force for over 20 years.

Sad story.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That is an incredibly sad story. Who is going to check the THP? Where are the checks and balances? It is sad that we are getting used to the corruption and exploitation that police officers everywhere are involved in. DD- you are right, they are just following the example that the Fed gov't has provided.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here is an even better example of spying and intimidation. Excerpts from: NAIS Supporters Fighting Dirty
www.horsegazette.com...

I have been heavily involved with the anti-NAIS movement since March of 2005. I have done literally thousands of hours of research - including obtaining hundreds of pages of government documents via the Freedom of Information Act.....I wrote several articles on the subject of NAIS and horses, which have been published in a variety of places...And so, my name became *known* to the USDA and my State Dept of Agriculture. And here is where you will see just how far they will go to prevent the 'other side' from being heard...

...I purchased vendor space at a recent Horse Expo in my state....All was fine until my State Dept of Agriculture found out that I would be there as they had purchased vendor space as well. They succeeded in having me banned from the expo because I would be a 'negative influence'!

The ACLU took my case - the first one in the USA involving NAIS - and went after my State Dept of Ag...My State Dept of Ag vehemently denied any wrongdoing. They turfed it all on the shoulders of the expo organizers, claiming that they simply asked that they be moved to another location in the expo away from me.

Technically it should have stopped there,... But the ACLU believed the whole story 'stunk of censorship' ..They then had conversations with the expo organizers and a very interesting story emerged in where even names were named from my State Dept of Ag. They informed the expo organizers that I had been at a huge Farm Expo last August (Untrue as I working). They claimed that I harassed people, was rude and obnoxious and had even caused a riot to break out over NAIS! They also stated that they were 'in fear of being on the same grounds' as me for fear that I would cause another riot. Of course the expo organizers made the decision to ban me. Who wouldn't after hearing such a story from a govt agency? My first reaction was to laugh over this absolutely ridiculous 'story' then I really got angry. I was NOT at said Farm Expo but I did know people who attended. NO riot broke out!

My State Dept of Ag also provided the expo organizers with numerous e-mails that I had written about NAIS - going back an entire year. I saw these e-mails from our State Dept of Ag with my own eyes. It was then that I realized they are actually tracking me on the internet....

...The first day I was literally watched like a hawk by the expo organizers. By the end of the first day, the show manager realized that they had been 'had' by our State Dept of Ag. They observed for themselves that ALL I did was provide printed material to those who wished to take it and I answered many, many questions - particularly from people who had been to our State Dept of Ag's Animal ID booth first

This happened not to a reporter but to a private citizen like us. And what is even worse is that NAIS is being pushed by forces outside the USA. It is the agenda of the World Trade Organization and is implemented through NIAA. Talk about going to the top and beyond!

Neil Hammerschmit worked on animal id both internationally, then for the NIAA 1994 and developed the NIAA National Animal ID System until 2003 when he went to the USDA to carry on the NIAA work as an employee of the USDA in present position www.ncsl.org...

top topics

join