It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's choice for VP Joe Biden on UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Joe Biden on UFOs - "I've never met Dennis Kucinich and I don't know Governor Richardson. No, look I don't think there are UFOs. What the hell...heck are we talking about. This has gone down hill real quick." *October 30, 2007 replying to UFO question from MSNBC

Doesn't look like Joe Biden will be someone (if Obama is elected President) who gives two piles of dog poop about UFOs...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is why I make a point to read all your posts...

Obama is a poor choice anyway, but this just is icing on the cake.

How there's anyone left in the world not willing to at least harbor enough insight to acknowledge UFOs ... I mean it just leaves me speechless. I suppose on the world's stage, most people would consider UFOs to be a non-issue, but for anyone to deny there ARE UFOs, particularly a politician, it's limiting to say the very least....

Biden was wrong to say what he said in your quote provided.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chetinglendalevillage

I agree with what you said.

I guess they still see the UFO subject as something to avoid when running for President because of the "wacky" "crazy" social stigma that comes along with it.

While I don't agree with a lot of Bill Richardson's views, I have a lot of respect for him at least talking about UFOs when he's asked...

www.youtube.com...

"DOD, Los Alamos Labs what is this (Roswell)? what is the data you have? oh...it's classified. that ticked me off.

www.youtube.com...

Keep a close eye on Bill Richardson in the second youtube clip. See him smiling, then the look of shock at the 6 second mark.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
True. Here we have something that can be the greatest discovery in history of our planet yet he think's its some kind of joke not worth even talking about. It's disgusting really. Very poor choice of words for a phenomen that has been and still is, investigated by the goverment for quite some time. It's very much worth looking into.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Turning the UFO debate into a political debate is a bad idea. Kudos to Sen. Biden for sticking on topic and not answering the question that was intended to be comical.

Why don't you ask the John McCain campaign or Bob Barr's campaign on the topic? We all know Ralph Nader is an alien, so he won't be much help.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

i'm sorry,but what a moron

lol @ people who think UFO's are not real

sorry...it's just so funny

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'd like to know if there are going to be any pro-UFO DISCLOSURE rallies at the DNC or RNC? I would think/hope that since Jeff Peckman lives in Denver, he would organize a march of some kind.

We need to start acting like a lobbyist group. I hate to say that but it's true. People need to get organized and do march rallies at events like this. I live in Atlanta Georgia, so there isn't much I can do here. Not many places or events to rally at besides a hip-hop night club.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sen. Biden was commenting on the way the debate was going. He really did not disparage people who believe in UFOs or want an investigation.

BTW, Gov. Richardson will probably be a part of Sen. Obama's administration.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
I'd like to know if there are going to be any pro-UFO DISCLOSURE rallies at the DNC or RNC? I would think/hope that since Jeff Peckman lives in Denver, he would organize a march of some kind.

We need to start acting like a lobbyist group. I hate to say that but it's true. People need to get organized and do march rallies at events like this. I live in Atlanta Georgia, so there isn't much I can do here. Not many places or events to rally at besides a hip-hop night club.

hmmm. I don't think a rally is going to change anything, but good post, nonetheless. Starred.

UFOlogy is as divided as it gets: Factoids vs. Nutters. Until we can unify, there will never be a lobby group strong enough for UFO disclosure. Its gotta happen from within, IMO.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Though I do wish he had given a more informed opinion on the subject, I won't base my vote on his comment. It'd be ridiculous to base it on that. I can already see if he HAD said he believed in UFOs and life outside the earth, then he wouldn't be taken seriously as a VP candidate. We have to be realistic, the majority of the population associates UFOs with awkwardness, so I don't blame him for what he said.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I honestly don't see why this should be considered a big deal. Not everyone believes in UFOs or little grey men. It's his personal opinion, and he's entitled to it, just as much as UFO enthusiasts are entitled to their's.

It would seem silly to actually consider using the belief in the paranormal as a political litmus test.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'm not going to base my vote on one issue like UFOs, but it is a disappointment to me I won't lie...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? Just because we discuss and research UFO's does not mean that a persons belief or stance on the subject should have anything to do with who we choose for our president?

Disclosure is not going to end homelessness, fix the healthcare system or make sure that money goes back into education.. We have many serious issues we take into consideration when choosing the future leader of our nation and if you are basing your choice on whether or not they believe in UFO's I weep for the polls.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

i would like to see the source that you are quoting from first of all and did you really expect a Presidential candidate will actually do anything about disclosure of UFO's ?

because there is still the giggle factor when it comes to this subject, no candidate could win if this was part of his platform. just my opinion

those who know don't speak and those that speak don't know if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Joe Biden is known for putting his foot in his mouth.

E.G. the quote you just posted.

First off, I don't want to come off for either party, but I don't plan on voting for Barrack or McCain. I am just going to do a write in as I refuse to give a system validity that has not worked for 50 years.

IMO, Democracy is an Illusion and the President has already been picked by the powers that be.

You have to forget about any politician coming forward about UFO's during election time. The media would have a field day if they did come forward, and the media would make the politicians look like wacko's and play the sound bite over and over and over again. (And now a word from our sponsors!)

So of course Biden is going to say something like this. These guys are just puppets for whom ever financially supports their campaign. If I had 50 billion to drop on the Barrack/Biden ticket. I would have them come forward publicly and talk about investigating the UFO phenomena. And would have them tap dance while they do it. I guarantee they would because they would be my puppets for 50 billion.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
Joe Biden on UFOs - "I've never met Dennis Kucinich and I don't know Governor Richardson. No, look I don't think there are UFOs. What the hell...heck are we talking about. This has gone down hill real quick." *October 30, 2007 replying to UFO question from MSNBC

Doesn't look like Joe Biden will be someone (if Obama is elected President) who gives two piles of dog poop about UFOs...

"I don't think there are UFOs."

LMAO, so does Biden believe that every single thing that is seen flying in the air is identifiable? What a dumb comment.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Let's review some of the topics currently being discussed:

-Anyone Spot E.T. behind Obama as he shook peoples hands?
-GFL spaceship to appear Oct.14th,2008
-Princess Diana and the Reptiles
-Galactic Federation of Planets
-This Could Be My Last Night on Earth

Hmmm. And you're all wondering why a politician tries to steer away from the topic?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I guess admitting you believe in UFO's is political suicide.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Powderkeg
I guess admitting you believe in UFO's is political suicide.

Along with telling the truth...

Just ask Ron Paul...

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Diplomat]

new topics

top topics

join