It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More to a Birthday?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Now first off I'll start by saying that if this thread is in the wrong place, mod's please move it.

Today is my birthday (not fishing for happy birthdays!), and i was thinking of how people celebrate their birthdays in the usual way. Birthday parties, gifts, and fun. But aside from all that we usually forget one thing, our parents. They have mothers day and fathers day but i figure that's just another 'hallmark holiday'.
So today instead of just waiting on gifts and a cake etc... i'm going to let my mother and father know that i appreciate the 17 years that they had put up with me for, and celebrate the one last year before i'm legally a man. So who thinks this is a good thing to do aside from the usual birthday celebration? Who would be willing to give this a try and give more meaning to a birthday?And for those of you who unfortunately don't have their parent(s) around anymore, would you take some time to honor them on your birthday as well?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by declassified
Today is my birthday (not fishing for happy birthdays!),

Happy birthday mate

i celebrate mine by going out for day to wherever with my stepdad then cake

is there a better way.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by declassified

I friend of mine has been giving his mom a birthday present on his birthday for years. Makes sense, she did most of the work that day. I like it. Definitely more meaningful than Mothers' Day.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by declassified

I usually never do much for my Birthday, it falls on Mother's Day sometimes so, my mom and I either exchange gifts or go out to eat!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Wow...what a great idea. Mom needs a gift for all her hard work.

& Happy Birthday

top topics

join