It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I woke up to everything today (awakening)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I woke up completely today i think well ive woke up to most of the world for a while now like with the govornments and that i already knew about them and what they do to us but today i was just sitting watching television and i was thinking about the world and that.

and i was thinking why am i so dependent on such things as television and the govornments and then i was thinking about how quickly the russian and georgian war happened well it happened quickly to me because i was watching television and the first i heard of the war was when gerogia attacked russia or was it when russia attacked georgia i cant remember.

i dont want to be a dependent or a follower of the govornments anymore and ive just finished school now so im still quite young but still i see people either younger or older than me who im worried about because you know theyre life isnt gonna the way it should be.

anyway i was watching television and what if something like a war did start just like that and for instance where i lived got bombed and i was on my own only me who decided wether i died or lived and i was thinking could i survive that in this day and age with being so independent when its got to the point of being like an infant ould i survive if something happened and i was on my own to survive right now i dont think so.

thank you.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Speaking of waking up, I've been having some morbid thoughts lately concerning just that.

I've come to some conclusions. Based on the way I am and the way I've known myself to be, I will not wake up. I need a war to happen outside my window. I need a traumatic experience, mostly to prove to myself that I am indeed alive. Or maybe I'm a delusional adrenaline junkie.

And if I do wake up, I will further be ostracized from the rest of the human race. Do I really want that? I'm pretty careless about my fellow man as it is (as in, I should care more) and if I wake up, I might not care at all.

Do I fear the truth? I'm not sure. I don't think I care enough. But congratulations if you feel you've awoken.

I, on the other hand, await my disaster.

Edit: added the word "way"

[edit on 25-8-2008 by danj3ris]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well im the type of person that believe we only believe what our mind lets us if that makes sense

like if we want to care more we just have to want it and make our selves do it for the good though dont try and make yourself do it if it doesnt feel right though.

and i think i know wht you mean by saying about the war

I need a war to happen outside my window. I need a traumatic experience, mostly to prove to myself that I am indeed alive. Or maybe I'm a delusional adrenaline junkie.

im like that sometimes like i need something trumatic to happen to me just so i know this all isnt a dream and im indeed alive but now i dont know i feel different like an awakeing has happened to me its kinda hard to explain.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
I've come to some conclusions. Based on the way I am and the I've known myself to be, I will not wake up. I need a war to happen outside my window. I need a traumatic experience, mostly to prove to myself that I am indeed alive. Or maybe I'm a delusional adrenaline junkie.

Funny i can relate to this feeling.

I've actually felt like a longing for the war to just break out in my face so i can wake up and we could all finally stand up to our authorities. Not to fight for this fictional freedom from terror, but the real fight for true freedom against the puppetmasters.

One mans terrorist is the other mans freedom fighter and i'm sick of bias and how stupid the media takes me to be.

Anyways just wanted to wish the OP good morning

[edit on 25-8-2008 by JustAThought]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Become more self reliant. Buy a gun, learn to defend yourself in armed and unarmed combat. Learn survival techniques. Educate yourself in their tactics and make plans of action in case of emergency or war. Your not helpless they just want you to think you are. There are still country's that are not controlled by the nwo - although their governments are still corrupt.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zerohour

first off i mean absolutely no disrespect to you atall but in a lot of threads someone always says "buy a gun" i dont think it would help the problem atall violence isnt the answer.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I agree with Billy ..why is it that so many believe that having a gun is the answer to everything ....violence leads to more violence ...surely everyone has learned that by now havent they ?

Billy I know what your saying and what your feeling and I am sure your not alone with your thinking today ...everyone needs to quit thinking as long as it isnt happening to me or affecting me in my little world then it dont matter ..because the truth of the matter is that whatever happens out there (Outside your world and your house) does and will affect you .....if it can happen out there to someone else ..it can happen to you too at any time ...
That is why I think it is so important for everyone to consider the others shoes ..and think ok what would I do in that position ..and what would I do if it were me it is happening to etc .....and that goes for friends neighbors countrys relatives whoever ................

And for sure we could all wake up one day and these wars will be at our doors in our streets in our neighborhoods and we all better be ready willing and able to be there for others and to go to others when we are in need ..(in other words get rid of that pride of not wanting to ask anything from anyone ..if you dont ..you may starve or die alone and no one will even know) (even self sufficiant people need help sometimes)
We as a world are all in this together ...whether we be red yellow black or white or Christian non Christian....when it comes down to it we all really do need eachother more than we think we do ............
So go wave at your neighbors today ...call a friend you havent called in awhile and just say howdy you doing ok today ...because you may really need those people someday and u sure as heck dont want them to say NO get away you never cared before why should you care now about us ...

My 2 cents for the day lol ..

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Thanks for the great post its true though isnt it if everybody just helped one person a day then the world would be a great place

its like karma do something bad and something bad will happen to you and vice versa.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think everyone can agree (whether they believe in God aliens or Santa Clause) that what goes around comes around ..bad or good ...That is an international language that I think all understand and believe .... just like the middle finger is LOL >...

Right on ?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The biggest mistake in "waking up" is to believe you are fully awake. There are layers upon layers, and dead end roads all over the place. Which is a nightmare in itself because you never know whats really true. Like in the matrix where the one just ends up being another system of control.

Eventually I just gave up, and instead I rely on philosophy/reading between the lines. I can't trust image, or what people tell me. But I can see patterns in the actions, and philosophy is the understanding of those patterns.

Completely changed my life. The bible actually makes sense to me, because I'm not worry about the images, I can understand the philosophy and the truth in that.

grats.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I think everyone can agree (whether they believe in God aliens or Santa Clause) that what goes around comes around ..bad or good ...That is an international language that I think all understand and believe .... just like the middle finger is LOL >...

Right on ?

Oh yes, I totally agree with you.

There is a lot of truth in your postings.... but I also have learned how helpful it can be to not have any expectations and simply to be selfless.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by anxiouscat]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Hey you kind of took my post out of context. Allow me to elaborate. The Second Amendment is important - True or False?

I say true. Even if you believe the United States is a loving, caring government now (which is obviously false), all governments become corrupt eventually. The second amendment was a gift to us from our founding fathers. If the government goes totally fascist on us and starts mass exterminations for no reason for example (history often repeats itself). I for one would like to be able to defend myself (and it's my right to do so). Guns are not always used for evil, sometimes they can be used to fight evil, just as the sword or ancient weapons of the past. A gun could also be used to fight foreign enemies if they ever decided to invade.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I know yall prob hate me posting scriptures but I just have to here ..
Because I believe that TPTB have their purpose and is being allowed by God for a reason ..and I believe they explain what is happening and WHY its happening to us as a whole ...is pretty much spelled out in these scriptures ...
And may I remind you that he who kills by the sword will die by the sword (yes I really am sort of a pacifist I guess)

Rom 13:1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Rom 13:5 Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute [is due]; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour is due

And to some of you Christians that believed the evangelical political peoples when they said ...do what they say because they are Godly men ..it does not say they are godly men ..in fact they are the ones who hold the swords and they are considered Gods avengers (doesnt sound all that holy to me )
I dont believe these scriptures are saying do everything they tell you to do ..because it isnt and some laws are contrary to God and we do have to stand up and say no I will not do that if it is against anything that is good and right ...the main scripture in here pretty much spells out that if you do good it will go well with you (Even the law will) if you do evil it will not ...God will allow a corrupt society to take its consequences and thats whats happening and why ............

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i don't think that buying a gun is a bad idea at all. If you consider the way TPTB have wronged us so far, i would not put it past them to treat us as livestock when the sh** hits the fan. It is so cliche'd, but guns do not kill people, people make the decision. Just having a means to defend yourself from a threatening force is very important i think, whether you use it in the end or not.

about the scripture that was posted, it really makes me think that what the bible preaches is exactly what people like King James want it to preach. The verses above are those of strict obedience and faith in power, as well as those with a good message. I just can't help but think that the real message of the bible was lost long ago when rulers saw that they could use it to bend people's minds into obedience by putting their words in god's mouth. It is nothing against your faith or your right to post it, just my view.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I know yall prob hate me posting scriptures but I just have to here ..
Because I believe that TPTB have their purpose and is being allowed by God for a reason ..and I believe they explain what is happening and WHY its happening to us as a whole ...is pretty much spelled out in these scriptures ...
And may I remind you that he who kills by the sword will die by the sword (yes I really am sort of a pacifist I guess)

Rom 13:1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Rom 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

Rom 13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to [execute] wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Rom 13:5 Wherefore [ye] must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

Rom 13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.

Rom 13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute [is due]; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour is due

And to some of you Christians that believed the evangelical political peoples when they said ...do what they say because they are Godly men ..it does not say they are godly men ..in fact they are the ones who hold the swords and they are considered Gods avengers (doesnt sound all that holy to me )
I dont believe these scriptures are saying do everything they tell you to do ..because it isnt and some laws are contrary to God and we do have to stand up and say no I will not do that if it is against anything that is good and right ...the main scripture in here pretty much spells out that if you do good it will go well with you (Even the law will) if you do evil it will not ...God will allow a corrupt society to take its consequences and thats whats happening and why ............

That would be the same things the Nazi's used to get people to submit to Hitler.

I personally reject the old testament on how you should live your life. It is afterall the religion of the same kind of society that murdered Jesus. It is the same kind of teachings of stoning people, while Jesus said let he without sin throw the first stone.

Old testament is just that, old.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Of course people of power have used the bible in a bad way ..
The devil used Gods own words (and added his own twist to it) in the garden to persuade Adam and Ave and it worked didnt it >?

Just like the poster above said it isnt Guns that are bad it is the people that use them that are ..Same goes with the Bible ,just because it gets used for evil purposes does not make it a bad book ,same goes with the law the law was set in place for a good purpose and now it is being used for evil ..that does not make the law evil ,it makes the people who use it against us evil ..
Everything good gets used for evil ,I know yall know that ..look around

And I also know everyone uses those scriptures for bad (The obey your Gov ones) And I agree its wrong the way they use them for their purpose

Again I think we can all agree ...What goes around comes around
Do good Good comes back to you Do evil Evil comes back to you
That is what those scriptures are saying in my humble opinion

The word says obey the laws of the land mainly because if you dont the law will come and get you and it will be hard for you because hey lets face it it is pretty hard to fight city hall isnt it ?
It was also written because we are supposed to be a peaceful people (Christains should be for sure)

If I as a Christian went out and disobeyed every law out there and then told everyone hey I am a christian and I tell you hey love the Lord and obey his commandments ,How many of you would believe a word I said if I lived contrary to the word of God and preached that you should not do it (Always a law breaker and in Church every sunday)I know this is the very reason why no one likes Christians of today because alot of them are like this .

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Those who are manipulated by the bible are the ones who focus on image. The ones who understand the philosophy of what is being said are the ones who are not manipulated because seeing the philosophy is seeing the truth and allows you to apply the teachings over multiple images/variables.

What you posted there is manipulation. You are posting old testament bible when Christians are supposed to live based on the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus. Of which are to set people free, not to live in a life of servitude.

In the bible, it is satan who wishes to make mankind slaves. And you are supporting that.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
[Those who are manipulated by the bible are the ones who focus on image. The ones who understand the philosophy of what is being said are the ones who are not manipulated because seeing the philosophy is seeing the truth and allows you to apply the teachings over multiple images/variables.]

Oh really ..well thats news to me ...and I disagree ...

[What you posted there is manipulation. You are posting old testament bible when Christians are supposed to live based on the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus. Of which are to set people free, not to live in a life of servitude.]
We are supposed to serve eachother and I dont mean bow down or worship them ...you know what I mean by it ......we are all in this together here on earth do you disagree with that :>?We are all supposed to be good decent folk who would not harm our neighbors etc ..DO WE DO THIS ?????? NO not most anyway ....we would not need laws or rules etc ..if everyone would live by the golden rule ..BUT THEY DONT ..so what would you do if you were running things right now ?

[In the bible, it is satan who wishes to make mankind slaves. And you are supporting that. ]

No I do not ....I do believe though that if we treat others as we want to be treated that this world wouldnt be so messed up and need so many laws ect ect ...If we all controlled ourselves there would be no need for others to control us (The police etc etc etc ) ..
We would have chaos ..well ok ..we have that now ...but it is only going to get worse .......

top topics

join