It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you supposed to say in the mirror three times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
is it hail mary or something else. who is supposed to appear in the mirror.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Michael Pait]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It is "bloody mary".
I used to do that when I was a kid.

Its just a joke though. The trick is, you dare some kid to say "bloody mary" three times in the mirror, with the lights off, and some woman is supposed to appear in the mirror.

The funny part is when you make them do it alone.

You and your friends go outside and bang on the windows after they say it.

Scared the poo out of me the first time!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

It works with Biggie Smalls too.

At least it did in that South Park episode...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
With faint lighting behind you like a candle, just enough so that you can barely see your outline, yet able to make out your features, you begin first out load, "Who Am I?"

Without blinking remain soft focused on your eyes and continue to repeat, "Who Am I?".

Bringing the voice down a notch each time, slowly, until almost a whisper you continue to repeat without blinking , "Who Am I?"

The eyes will want to control your experience, they will tear and bother you, but you remain in control, you see that it is just the body, the subtle mechanisms which keep you from reaching further into the unknown, the unknowable for most.

Continue to repeat "Who Am I" until now your voice is but an inner essence of the words you continue to repeat. "Who Am I?"

Now once the stillness comes remain open to what you will see and experience. It is all you, the you without conditioning, the you which has no mask, the true face of who you have been and always will be.

This exercise is not of time, it is just one more way of peeling the onion skins to reveal an infinity of you past present and future.

After the experiment, lie down comfortably on you back and just continue to sooth your self with the sound of "Ahhh", once again starting by saying it repeatedly out loud then slowly bringing it down to your very center, play with Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, like a huge burden has been lifted.

This will take you a most relaxed stated as during the first part, you never know "Who" or "What" you may encounter...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Candyman!
And to avoid a one-liner, i'm talking about the movie Candyman. A must see for horror lovers.Oops, that was supposed to be said five times
Candyman the movie

[edit on 25-8-2008 by 2Faced]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I thought it was:

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Growing up it was "I believe in Mary Worth" three times. I still don't know who Mary Worth is nor am I even slightly interested, but it would sacre the crap out of you as a 10 year old. Now the "Biggie Smalls" one is classic. A must see ephisode.

Biggie Smalls

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Growing up it was "I believe in Mary Worth" three times. I still don't know who Mary Worth is nor am I even slightly interested, but it would sacre the crap out of you as a 10 year old. Now the "Biggie Smalls" one is classic. A must see ephisode.

Biggie Smalls
yea but does something really happen.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Pait

"Damn I need to stop drinking"?

Seriously - nothing. You can say whatever you want, as many times as you want, and NOTHING will happen, apart from you'll get bored and stop.

That's it.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

but dude, if you like, try it at 4:30pm man, it looks really cool.
you must have never done it!
otherwise you would know that Opra Winfry dances neked on the top of the mirror.

now try getting that visual out of your head.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Damn you to hell! It burns!!!

ky

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I did this when i was a kid too. only difference was before saying "bloody mary" you were supposed to throw water on the mirror.... And then get the living daylights scared out of you!!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've read about bloody mary early this year and from what I remember it wasn't actually 3 times you say it, It was actually 13 times from what I remember. At least I think it was, I know for sure it was in the two digits and not above 20

[edit on 25-8-2008 by Byakuya]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Try submerging the mirror in shallow water at exactly 12:07am whisper three times

bloody mary I killed your baby

And let me know how you got on.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
Candyman!
And to avoid a one-liner, i'm talking about the movie Candyman. A must see for horror lovers.Oops, that was supposed to be said five times
Candyman the movie

[edit on 25-8-2008 by 2Faced]

Dang, you beat me to it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
if something shows up in the mirror does that mean it can haunt my house?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hahahaa! I played that game when I was a kid too. We used to have the person we want to scare the crap out of say "Bloody Mary" three times alone in the dark at midnight into a mirror..

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shipovfools

Oh Mah Gawd! I love that episode!!! LOL!!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
When facing the mirror,I usually say "your nose isn't really that big" 3 times.

Hasn't worked yet

top topics

<<   2 >>

join