It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE raid confirmed at Howard Industries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

ICE raid confirmed at Howard Industries

www.hattiesburgamerican.com

At the Howard Industries plant, people who identified themselves as Howard employees, were coming out of the building. They said that so many illegal immigrants were being arrested that the plant had to be shut down because there were not enough workers to run the plant.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wlbt.com
www.clarionledger.com

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Listening to comments on local talk radio from people who have worked at Howard Industries, this has been a major problem for at least a decade.
Mississippi is one of the many states that illegals are flooding into. Many people have called in to regale their support of this ICE raid.
The latest report that I have heard is that the plant is under strict ICE guard, closed to all employees, vendors, suppliers, even people applying for a job are turned away while the investigation goes on.

www.hattiesburgamerican.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well if anyone wants a job head down to Howard industries.
However as these filthy cheapskates have been paying illegal immigrants im betting the pay wont be so crash hot.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg
Well if anyone wants a job head down to Howard industries.
However as these filthy cheapskates have been paying illegal immigrants im betting the pay wont be so crash hot.
apparently they shifted through donated clotheing/

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
see this is the perfect example of a huge waste of money lol

first we leave the borders open so anyone can come in

then when spend a mountain of money on deporting them lol

huge freakin waste of $$$

big wasteful govt.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Lol, there was a story last year here where the word got out the ice team was going to bust a meat packing plant in town. The news reported half the work force ran from the building when it was announced.

Than a restaurant owner here was busted for hiring illegals, charging them $50 a week for working for him. They caught him cause he was using other peoples SS #s for his illegal hires and the IRS was being questioning by the people whose SS #s were being used.. He was charged and is doing time. I eat at this place of fine dining rather regularly.

There here, there, everywhere.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Jail a bunch more company owners and we won't have to pay to deport. They won't have a wide enough gap in the border to allow all the illegals room to leave!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I agree, start arresting the top brass and the problem will fix itself.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I agree, going after employers who hire illegals is the best way to put the brakes on illegal immigration, and the best way to fight illegal immigration's impact on the bottom rungs of the labor market here.

I'm not sufficiently hysterical about illegal immigration for some people, I know, I don't buy this BS that they're all a bunch of dangerous criminals. But they do hurt the most vulnerable Americans, the people who have the hardest time finding work, whether they mean to or not.

If a damn meat packing plant can't find enough workers who are citizens, perhaps they need to actually pay a living wage... I know actually paying your workers cuts into the profits and all, cry me a river, crooks

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well thats the thing. They say that these criminals are simply "doing the work that noone else wants to". Bull! Its a half-truth. They are doing the job that no one wants the 5 bucks an hour the greedy corporations are willing to pay. Well to bad! Step up and pay what you should! Not only should these criminals be deported, but the employers should be looking at some jail time for openly and willfully breaking the law.

Maybe once THEIR job is outsourced for pennies on the dollar, they'll care.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Town has like 10,00 people in it. Its hard to find people to fill these positions.. Why? Companies arent going to pay soembody $15 an hour to remove garbage... People DO NOT want to move to Mississippi, even if the pay was great!

On a side note, the Howards are very smart people and good people too, I am sure Billy Howard wouldnt jeopordize his billion dollar company just to save some cents knowningly....

Lets wait for the facts to come in to see what is going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
They should come next and raid the Chicken processing plants here in GA, they will have to bring school buses to pick up the illegals.

BTW many of them have fake ID work permit as they are easily available for a fee of about 500 dollars.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Food processing plants through out the country have made a corporate decision to hire only immigrants. Either legal or illegal. It helps them with wages as well as unemployment insurance and workers compensation payments and medical insurance. If someone who is illegal gets hurt they just fire them. If someone gets fired, no problem they're unemployment payments are not effected. Don't want to work for slave wages? Fine we'll find some other poor schmo that can't fight back to do your job!! Makes perfect sense to make max profits. Its criminal and should be treated as such!!!

Zindo

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm from laurel and worked for howards years ago. I was 18 making 11 dollars an hour 11 years ago. There were only one or two mexicans in the place. but over the last 4 years its almost nothing but mexicans and the starting pay hasnt changed since I worked there. Mississippi has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. Dont believe this no one will do it crap thats a load of garbage these were good jobs years ago. Greed is all it is. My names RJ just didnt have time to register

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

So, um, just to clear things up, there are like 18,000 people in this town. And if you think people don't want to live in Mississippi, then why do we still have people living here? Have you ever been to Mississippi? Laurel is a great little town! And yes there is not alot to do here, but so what? If you really want to find something to do then all you have to do is drive for a little while and voila!! And no the Howards are not very smart peole or else they wouldn' be hiring illegal immagrants and paying them pissy little amounts!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I hope this company gets everything coming to it. Bunch of CROOKS

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you want employers to pay higher wages to legal immigrants and/or citizens, then all you need to do is pay more for the products you use - simple! of course, this will be temporary because workers in overseas plants will make the same products for less, which will force our US-based plants to shut down. Get it? We have to compete somehow.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I for one am glad to see the ICE at least trying to make it appear that they are doing their job. Personally I feel if the government had been doing theirs all this time there would be no need for any of this. Then again I get to watch the news and hear them cry a river about the children of these illegals being in school (illegally) and how they won't understand why their parents are not home. Love the media (sarcasm).

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just charge the dam companys to deport them, first class.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join