It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto sells controversial hormone Posilac to Big Pharma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Monsanto sells controversial hormone Posilac to Big Pharma

www.cbc.ca

Monsanto Co. agreed to sell its Posilac brand of synthetic cow hormones to drug maker Eli Lilly and Co. for $300 million.

Monsanto, an agricultural chemical company, announced the sale on Wednesday. It said the Posilac brand will become part of Lilly's Elanco animal health unit.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I think this is the type of sale that breaks Monsanto's heart. It seems clear that they are looking to deflect public opposition from themselves by "relay passing" the baton onto the next runner of the team, Eli Lilly pharmaceuticals. Another one on the list of "biggest corporations in the world" and firmly established like Monsanto (100+ years old).

In these times I think it's important for everyone to consider the potential relationships that exist between huge multinationals and their conglomerates. Although seemingly unrelated, a business link between two corporations such as these leaders in Big Chema and Big Pharma is almost guaranteed.

I think Monsanto is anything but out of the picture when it comes to Posilac. They just moved from star quarterback to cheerleader.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join