It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant galaxy cluster seen in early universe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
its kind of weird thinking in 7.7 millions *or whatever* years from now that people can be looking into their telescope at earth when during their time we would still *be around*

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry but dark energy is much more plausible than dark matter.

Dark matter imho is most likely just a mathematical fudge which allows us to keep faifth in our understanding of Newtonian mechanics.

I find it likely that new understandings of gravity's effects - over large distances - will likely replace the need for all this mysterious, but so far ineffable, "Dark Matter"

Dark energy - on the otherhand - is most likely just a natural cumilative effect of normal quantum mechanics - over unimaginably vast spaces.

Dark Energy being a form of "unseen" large scale effect of quantum energetic processes is not nearly as proposterous as the idea that vast amounts of "unseen" Dark Matter populate the majority of the Universe.

I find that highly dubious indeed!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
I'm sorry but dark energy is much more plausible than dark matter.

Dark matter imho is most likely just a mathematical fudge which allows us to keep faifth in our understanding of Newtonian mechanics.

I find it likely that new understandings of gravity's effects - over large distances - will likely replace the need for all this mysterious, but so far ineffable, "Dark Matter"

Dark energy - on the otherhand - is most likely just a natural cumilative effect of normal quantum mechanics - over unimaginably vast spaces.

Dark Energy being a form of "unseen" large scale effect of quantum energetic processes is not nearly as proposterous as the idea that vast amounts of "unseen" Dark Matter populate the majority of the Universe.

I find that highly dubious indeed!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by TruthMagnet]
something had to fill this universe before the big bang..dark \anti matter which is just another name for the matter that filled this universe \ void before our matter burst in and started to fill it..just because we don't have the tools to identify it now don't mean it don't exist...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What causes gravity... by the way?

We're still using 500 year old physics here, people.

We can't believe in some unseen forces because there's supposedly no evidence of their existence (sans picture anomalies and energy readings and eyewitness testimony), yet we are observing an unseen force and we call it gravity. I seem to recall that gravitons have not actually been found yet... after 500 years of looking all around us, we can't find gravitons. They must exist in another dimension. An interdimensional particle, if you will.

Yet interdimensional anything else, and you're labeled crazy.

This human logic makes no sense. It must be influenced by interdimensional forces! Logitons. Sure, why not? Someone good with numbers, make it work for me, and we'll both get a Nobel BS Prize. A prize, oh boy!!!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow, didnt know this was gonna turn into a scientific debate...

Alright, you say that something had to fill the space before our universe was here... where is this space located? Where is our universe really? Is our universe really everything that is in existance? Are we just one of thousands of universes? Does our universe exist on a plane where things can just "big bang" and form a massive expanse or time and space?

Its kind of like... if we made buildings, and god made us... who made god? Where did it all REALLY start. Has god just always been around infinite? He had to have started somewhere....
-Z-

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join