It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Baby...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
My Baby started school today!

All I can do is think about when he came into this world...unexpected at 28 weeks in my pregnancy!

It was really hard on me leaving him at the hospital for a whole month not being able to visit but once, due to how far away I lived, and having to take care of my other two children while they were in school!

He weighed 4 lbs...a good size for a baby that gestation!

The nurses kept calling to let me know he was not doing too well...I never answered...just happened to be on my way to see him then!

He finally came home with a heart monitor on for his apnea like most preemies do for a while, and always slept on my chest to hear my heartbeat!

He is 5 now...very active, and eats more than I but, never really gaines much weight at all!

...anyway I teared up watching him color at school as I left!

He has'nt spent much time away from me in these five years!

A picture of him and his sister not long after he came home!

About to leave for school, never mind his finger, he's double jointed lol!

...anyone else feel the same as I do?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
He's got your eyes.

Nice kid you got there, look after him well, I'm sure you will.

I remember my first day of school, I didn't want my mom to leave lol, it really was a strange place at first.

[edit on 25-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

cute baby

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Oh hes so perfect! What a little stunner, and wow does he really look like you,

What a little hero, Going through all of that from a new born, Seeing him start school must be such an amazing and scary feeling,

Thank you for sharing your little angel with us,

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Adorable! Just precious! My one and only starts school next year (talk about separation anxiety!). He has never spent a single day of his life in day care and is pretty much with me all day, every day, with only a handful of exceptions. It will be very rough to see him go out into the world next year.

So sweet that you teared up. I am sure it was a very emotional, yet proud, day for you! Bless his heart, and yours, and I wish him the best of luck in school.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

His finger looks like my nose that got broken close to his age!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The finger makes me laugh... it's like the farmer wave or something... I vaguely remember my first day of kindergarten. It was a mixture of, wow... look at all the toys, who are all these kids? , who is that lady, and where is my mom going?

Thank you for sharing this may.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Haha my fingers do that too- its a cool trick he can show the kids at school. He is sooo cute! What a miracle to be born so early and so small. It looks like he caught up in his growth though.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi Given. He is so cute, and they sure grow up quick. I hope that he has a wonderful year! How did his first day of school go?

Rush

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
...anyone else feel the same as I do?

Your son is adorable! I'm sure you are, but just a reminder to enjoy every moment! They grow so fast! Seems mine should still be that age!

I was shedding a few tears as I drove away from dropping off my son today, his first day of High School. and my daughter started 7th grade today. I miss those years of walking them to their class and I used to go eat lunch with them all the time, but when they started middle school they didn't really want mom to come eat lunch with them anymore *sniff, sniff*

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

He has your eyes May, hes a good looking boy, (must get it from his mom) Great pics may

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

He has the blue eye's my grandparent's passed on!
I remember my first day at school...latching on to my moms leg and would'nt let go, bawling!

reply to post by bodrul

Thankx Bod, I have noticed alot of preemies have a certain look to them!

reply to post by asala

Thank You, and it was, I have always been very protective of my babies!

reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks, yes Madison has never been to daycare and is always with me!
I even kept from enrolling him in Pre-K...he had told me then he was to little for school!
My last job has been 6 years ago when I was pregnant with him!
I ended up quitting from emotional issues, somehow I felt as if my pregnancy would'nt be full term!

reply to post by MrMysticism

LOL, I'm sorry!

reply to post by eye open doors

Yes, he got sick of taking pics and held up a finger, it does'nt always look that way just when he bends it like that!
Mine are'nt as double jointed as his!
Your Welcome Sweety!

reply to post by raven bombshell

I remember being at school, laying my hands flat on the desk then noticed I could keep my middle finger joints down and raise the rest of them at he ends...and was like woah!

He is 42 inches, and 35 lbs, still under average but, very active and strong...I am sure he will be great at sports!
I know he can throw hard and far, run very fast, do flips and things that make me want to put him in Martial Arts, or something!

All muscle and bones, no fat!

reply to post by hsur2112

Thankx Rush, yes they do grow up quick!
His day went good, he liked it alot, and brought me back a keepsake. it was a card, colored picture of a raccoon on the front, the inside said:

It's my first day of school, and The Kissing Hand is what we read.
It's about a raccoon
Who did just as his parents said.

Like the raccoon's first day at school
I was scared and a little shy.
But because of what you said
I was brave and got by.

All through the year
I'll make more things for you.
So as I change and as I learn
You can see my growth too!

...on the right side of the card is his handprint in red with a red metallic heart sticker!

reply to post by MsFab

Thank you!
Awww cute children you have!
My others are 8, and 13!

I like your daughters shoes, are they converse, never seen any like that?

Yes they grow up fast, I plan to spend as much time as I can helping their teachers with parties, fieldtrips....etc!

reply to post by whatukno

...thankx Wuk, nope from his Daddy...just my color eye's!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I like your daughters shoes, are they converse, never seen any like that?

lol yes i was going to ask the same thing! They are really cool,

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yep, they are Converse.

We had gone to a concert a month before her b-day and she saw a girl wearing these shoes and she loved them and that's all she wanted for her b-day. I thought they would be hard to find but they really weren't. Found them at the mall in the Journey's Store.

I've always been a HUGE Converse fan! When I was in 9th grade I had a pair of leopard print glow in the dark Converse that I wish I would have kept.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
givenmay he is such a lovely boy
and he was so tiny when he was born - ghee but it is so amazing that after a couple of years you never will recognize again how many problems that little guy got with his start in this world
well done givenmay!!

strange i got similar thoughts these days - on monday school starts again after summer
my son will be at grade 6 last year of elementary school, and it isn.t so long ago that he started school and that he was at kindergarten and a baby!

my little one at his first day of school

kids in gernany get a big cornet typed bag filled with candies and lill presents to make the first day of school sweeter, coz people think that the so called serious side of life starts

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

He's a cutie pie, and the cornet thing is really sweet, never heard of that before, hope he has fun!

[edit on 8/31/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
you are also raising the dream of girls and their moms
lets talk again in 10 years

the cornet thing is typically german i thing
but they are always very proud of it and enjoy the first day of school

today it is a different story

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I do the same thing every year. I find it hard to believe that "my babies" are in the 5th and 7th grades now. No more walking with them, they now want to be dropped off. No more kisses in the parking line... I have to get my goodbye kiss at the stop sign before we get near the school. Oh..... yep my babies aren't babies anymore and I'm constantly wondering how and where did the years go by?

beautiful kids everyone btw.

new topics

top topics

join