It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roche in favour of second Lisbon referendum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Roche in favour of second Lisbon referendum

www.independent.ie

The European Affairs Minister has said he is in favour of a second referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.

Dick Roche has said the Government has yet to make a decision on the matter, but his own personal view is that a re-run of Lisbon would be the "appropriate response" to the country's continuing political crisis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I don't think that the European Union is getting the message that NO means NO! We voted once and rejected The Lisbon Treaty now its being pushed on us again but this time it comes with the threat that if there isn't a yes vote then Ireland will be "isolated" from the rest of Europe, what ever that means. France rejected it in 2005 so why now is Sarkozy pushing the same treaty as in June 2008(with no changes i might add) on us again? When will they get the message that these "bloody fools" wont be bullied!

www.independent.ie
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkAkaSilent

Of course he is in favor of it, he's a cog in the machine. What are they going to do? Keep voting till they get the result they want?

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It seems like it and theres also a rumor that they might use the electronic voting machines as hand counted results can be inaccurate. That made me laugh when i heard it because we spent 56 million on buying the machines and then we found out that they were useless and extremely inaccurate. I believe they must think that we have a short memory.

top topics

join